Mold In School Extends Summer Break F...

Mold In School Extends Summer Break For Local Students

There are 32 comments on the WFMZ story from Aug 31, 2009, titled Mold In School Extends Summer Break For Local Students. In it, WFMZ reports that:

The school bell has rung for many students in our area. But some students are getting an extended summer vacation because of mold inside their school.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sarah student at BAMS

New York, NY

#21 Sep 11, 2009
blah this stuff is stupid
Sarah student at BAMS

New York, NY

#22 Sep 11, 2009
blah blah blah "jones" hollies last name isnt bams its our school name Bangor Area Middle School and she happens to be my friend and yeah our new auditorium is big enough its gonna be like the easton state theatre with the hang over with a band pit under the stage and a wrestling room under that and i dont know if you were being sarcastic or not but it is ahead of scheduale and should be done by mid december and if you have nothing to do with the changes in the BASD maybe you shouldnt even be concerned about our taxes we had changes going on in every school this summer besides washington cause theres just got done but if you have nothing to do with BASD just butt out its none of your business
jones

AOL

#23 Sep 12, 2009
Sarah student at BAMS wrote:
blah blah blah "jones" hollies last name isnt bams its our school name Bangor Area Middle School and she happens to be my friend and yeah our new auditorium is big enough its gonna be like the easton state theatre with the hang over with a band pit under the stage and a wrestling room under that and i dont know if you were being sarcastic or not but it is ahead of scheduale and should be done by mid december and if you have nothing to do with the changes in the BASD maybe you shouldnt even be concerned about our taxes we had changes going on in every school this summer besides washington cause theres just got done but if you have nothing to do with BASD just butt out its none of your business
Maybe we have to wait til you get out of school and contribute something to society beside a big mouth.

School taxes are everyones busines business ,all accross the state and in every school district and county.
Sarah student at BAMS

New York, NY

#24 Sep 13, 2009
uhh they need to fix this!!
Sarah student at BAMS

New York, NY

#25 Sep 13, 2009
"jones" listen taxes are everyones business but mold in our school just happens to not be yours unless your part of the administration at BASD so if you could just stop saying we need to stop talking cause we dont cause we are involved in this unless your a parent student or teacher this doesnt concern you so not to be rude but it probly doesnt concern you and us students there are already going through enough its been almost three weeks since they started cleaning and there still not done yet how do you thinks this effects us we are the ones that accually need an education you probly already graduated from college and have a job somewhere the students are the accual ones suffering
jones

AOL

#26 Sep 13, 2009
Sarah student at BAMS wrote:
"jones" listen taxes are everyones business but mold in our school just happens to not be yours unless your part of the administration at BASD so if you could just stop saying we need to stop talking cause we dont cause we are involved in this unless your a parent student or teacher this doesnt concern you so not to be rude but it probly doesnt concern you and us students there are already going through enough its been almost three weeks since they started cleaning and there still not done yet how do you thinks this effects us we are the ones that accually need an education you probly already graduated from college and have a job somewhere the students are the accual ones suffering
I know more about sick schools than you think I do. Type in sick schools and search Wilkenfeld. It's better to keep the schools closed and find the source of the problem than go back early and discover the mold may not have been the culprit. Rashes , asthma and other ailments are caused by many different things in the school .

I stated before you have a right to know law of every type of chemical from wax, gym sealers to indelible markers that give off toxic fumes.

Look up the ingredients on Purell soap and answer do you need this kind of soap when Lava soap could clean everything that needs cleaning. Too many companies have pushed these cleaning ingredients through the people in your school and many others without researching the harmful ingredients in them.

Ask for the right to know book and check out the msds sheets for all the chemicals in your building. If they don't look original look up the Co on your pc and go to the msds sheet for each. You may be surprised.

Lysol sprays and perfumed sprays are only a few things that shouldn't be in schools . Clean doesn't have a smell but all these perfumed smells give you a false sense of clean that could be harmful.

I'm not part of the basd but over the years I've learned a lot from safety committees and have seen a lot of coverups that could put some companies out of business. The people or lawyers don't have enouigh money to fight companies like Monsanto but you and others including parents in your school district could present enough raesearch to get all these things out of the school buildings.

I'll give you a big hint. Start with paradichlcorobenzene in deodorant blocks and see what they give off under decomposition. These companies have them all over the United states and Canada, and in every grocery store to put in pails under baby cribs and on walls to smell nice.It cotains a fumigant that kills bugs and supposidly germs ? Not true, they are already classified as cancer causing agents in California on the label . It doesn't cause cancer in Pennsylvania?

Short of coming to your school on an invite which isn't about to happen ,I gave you enough information to start you and your parents to doing some reseach that I've been doing for years.
jones

AOL

#27 Sep 13, 2009
That would be Irene Ruth Wilkenfeld who passed away a few years ago and I think her daughter has taken up the cause of sick schools.
jones

AOL

#28 Sep 13, 2009
Add on :

Some of the ingredients may include :

Company may reserve the right to put some ingredients under a heading of Company confidentiality ? Another awy of not divulging what may or may not be harmful to humans ? I look at is as hiding something as harmful to the environment.
bob

New York, NY

#29 Sep 16, 2009
falalala
Sarah student at BAMS

New York, NY

#30 Sep 16, 2009
okay i see youve done a lot of research and im sorry for being rude but you dont know what kind of mold was in our school and were already back and i myself have allergies to mold and such today was our first day back and i did just fine in the building so i think we can call this a case closed
bill

New York, NY

#31 Sep 17, 2009
school stinks!
jones

AOL

#32 Sep 17, 2009
Alright, case closed.

Keep your eyes open for cleaning agents in your grocery store and hardware stores.

You're right , I don't know what kind of mold was in the school or where it was. Mold forms in glue under linoleum, carpeting and damp basements.

I never heard the school say what kind of mold was in the school or who did the testing that the school was safe to go back ?

I get paid to stay out of schools that have problems with air quality.
They are is usually handled by someone in administration that doesn't have a clue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northampton County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge blasts Megan's Law repeat offender with 2... Aug 5 silly rabbit 1
News Keep the turbines off Kittatinny Ridge (Aug '08) Jul '16 WindBlight 74
News Allentown sex offender admits he filmed naked 6... May '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 3
News Commercial draws fire for racial overtones in D... Apr '16 Andrew Jackson 1
News Megan's Law offender charged with filming 6-yea... (Jan '16) Jan '16 silly rabbit 1
News Slate Belt teens steal LED lights from home, co... (Dec '15) Dec '15 illiterate 1
News Freemansburg woman held on cocaine, marijuana c... (Apr '13) Dec '15 Xposethebraindead 2
More from around the web