Local Teachers Plan To Walk Off Job W...

Local Teachers Plan To Walk Off Job Wednesday Morning

There are 130 comments on the WFMZ story from Oct 12, 2009, titled Local Teachers Plan To Walk Off Job Wednesday Morning. In it, WFMZ reports that:

Teachers in the Saucon Valley School District in Northampton County could hit the picket lines this week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Yoooooooo

Souderton, PA

#1 Oct 12, 2009
Don't Worry - Sports Will Go On!
Atlas Shrugged

Bangor, PA

#2 Oct 12, 2009
These teachers know exactly what they are doing by planning this strike during homecoming - they use these students and their treasured high school times as ransom for their own selfish desires.

Shame on them and their boorish union.
Fred Rodgers

Nazareth, PA

#3 Oct 12, 2009
Teachers will always take a beating. It is such a disrespected profession. I would not want to go through what you all will be going through. While I want to keep my taxes down, I am not going to attack a profession. Our country will continue to struggle. Teachers are not always good but I think that is a minority. Parents should directly involve themselves with their children's education. As a side note, I know that data can be interpreted any way a person sees fit. What I would love to see is the amount of money the Saucon Valley administration spends in a year on themselves. Lets take a look at the company credit card, benefits, perks etc. While I think teachers will be he accountable, we should have the ability to see what the school board spends their money on. I think we would find a lot of elitist spending. Hope something can be figured out before a strike.
Fred Rodgers

Nazareth, PA

#4 Oct 12, 2009
Atlas Shrugged wrote:
These teachers know exactly what they are doing by planning this strike during homecoming - they use these students and their treasured high school times as ransom for their own selfish desires.
Shame on them and their boorish union.
If they knew what they were doing, they would strike during the state tests.
SFF

United States

#5 Oct 12, 2009
Teachers shoud put themselves in the same boat? Ok. And when times are good and other people are getting fat bonuses, can the teachers hop into that boat, too?(The answer is NO. Don't ask teachers to suffer when you are suffering if you don't invite them to celebrate when you are celebrating.)
Disgusted parent

Bethlehem, PA

#6 Oct 12, 2009
I know a Saucon Valley teacher....she said she is absolutely embarrassed to tell people she works in Saucon. She has begun LYING when asked where she works. Like the America, the minority is holding the majority hostage and shoving their agenda down the throats of those afraid to buck the system. It's a shame.
Taxpayer Mom

Reading, PA

#7 Oct 12, 2009
Don't they realize how many young people just out of college with education degrees are looking for jobs? If these teachers aren't happy with their positions, I bet those young people would love to fill their places. I know of one music teacher who graduated with high honors from a private university who is pounding the pavement every day! To be noted is the obscene amount of money we spend on palacial school buildings and sports programs that rival the collegiant level.
Walter Allentown Pa

Allentown, PA

#8 Oct 12, 2009
School board: Dont worry. This will not make one iota of difference in the educational performance of the students. Teachers and their preyingvulture union structure have outlived their usefulness and earning any respect from the taxpayers. We now know that the source of the poor student performance is due to students carefree attitude towards their moral and social responsibilities to carry our country forward morally and economically We have lost our world respect and leadership. Give $$$$$ incentive to students to do well by giving govt grants for college of their choice instead of feeding the pockets of teachers and union structure which does ZIPPO for educational process. Parents: Let your feelings be known as VOCALLY as possible to teachers school districts school board and to our local state and federal do nothing employees 2010 we start to clean house in Harrisburg We OWE this change to ourselves our children Those students who dont give a damn about education and how we need it get 24 months mandatory public service and no chance of any govt or taxpayer assistance to reward the choice they took

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#9 Oct 12, 2009
Fred Rodgers wrote:
<quoted text>
If they knew what they were doing, they would strike during the state tests.
If they were incredibly stupid they would do that. Tell me, how hard does a teacher have it? Most of them make more than people who pave the highways they drive on. Most of them make more than people who are under severe working conditions in and around deadly chemicals.

The teachers have been crying about how hard their day is when they have no clue. Walk a day in the shoes of people out in the real world, then tell the people who you are screwing over that you have the right to do so. Until then, they should be thankful that they have it better than almost every parent of every child they teach.
Boulos

Mertztown, PA

#10 Oct 12, 2009
Fire all of them, they are no better than the other teachers searching for a job.

We are in a deep recession, and no one is getting an increase, if anything companies are reducing benefits.

I say send them to the unemployment line.
Fred Rodgers

Nazareth, PA

#11 Oct 12, 2009
Carbide wrote:
<quoted text>
If they were incredibly stupid they would do that. Tell me, how hard does a teacher have it? Most of them make more than people who pave the highways they drive on. Most of them make more than people who are under severe working conditions in and around deadly chemicals.
The teachers have been crying about how hard their day is when they have no clue. Walk a day in the shoes of people out in the real world, then tell the people who you are screwing over that you have the right to do so. Until then, they should be thankful that they have it better than almost every parent of every child they teach.
Most of them are more educated than the people who pave the roads. I am sure that being a teacher has its positives but I am also sure that it is a place for parents to drop there kids off. This is a huge problem.
Taxpayer Too

Allentown, PA

#12 Oct 12, 2009
I want safe streets, well paved roads, and good schools for my children. All come at some cost.
Walter Allentown Pa

Allentown, PA

#13 Oct 12, 2009
I forgot: When these so wrongfully called TEACHERS start their trek Head West to have glimpse of Pacific and just try to get hired by Mr Arnold and get strudel and beer for your lunch via I O U We need drastic change in the method we use to stimulate our children
Katie Young

Bethlehem, PA

#14 Oct 12, 2009
The super intendent should just fire every one of the greedy jerks. We and are families are all having a down fall in the economy. The super intendent is just too scared to fire them. She can fire those lazy jerks and hire college grads who are willing to work for less. It would make us,the students, lifes eaiser. The teachers should also think of the students before themselfs. We want to have a longer summer then we did last year, thats for sure. and so do the teachers! Come on! its not fair and we shouldnt have to be the ones paying for it!!
A Mom

Villanova, PA

#15 Oct 12, 2009
Of course "everything comes at some cost". This is the exact reason why we (meaning the entire USA) are in this situation. My son goes to Parkland and I just went to his parent night. His teachers are so arrogant and snotty. Im sorry but Im a full time working single mother trying to survive this economy. I pay my taxes with no complaints, however, for the first time I have realized that I was actually insulted but these teachers and their "air of authority". Im not getting a raise so why should they? So what if they are EMPLOYED to teach to my child about the Peloponisan (sic) War. Tell me the relevance of this anyway? They chose this as their occupation as I chose mine...this is no difference. So, for all of you "teacher sympathizers" out there...I feel sorry for you cause you are too narrow-minded to see all of this.
Cousin Jimmy

United States

#16 Oct 12, 2009
Right now there are people in the Saucon Valley who have been out of work and pounding the pavement for months.

On top of this, employed teachers who work 9 months a year are about to go on strike because they didn't get their raise.

Fire them all. Allow working professionals who are out of work to go into the schools and teach. You might be surprised, they might learn something other than mmm mmm mmm, Barack Hussein Obama.

Break the teacher union's back!
Katie Young

Bethlehem, PA

#17 Oct 12, 2009
SFF wrote:
Teachers shoud put themselves in the same boat? Ok. And when times are good and other people are getting fat bonuses, can the teachers hop into that boat, too?(The answer is NO. Don't ask teachers to suffer when you are suffering if you don't invite them to celebrate when you are celebrating.)
Ya right!! The teachers are getting payed more than the lower saucon cops and fire fighters right now, for god sakes people!!! Thats wrong! The cops and fire fighters save peoples lifes! and the teachers do absolutly nothing! Trust me, I know! Im serious! Just stop this so we can go back to our normal lives.
John

Whitehall, PA

#18 Oct 12, 2009
Katie Young wrote:
The super intendent should just fire every one of the greedy jerks. We and are families are all having a down fall in the economy. The super intendent is just too scared to fire them. She can fire those lazy jerks and hire college grads who are willing to work for less. It would make us,the students, lifes eaiser. The teachers should also think of the students before themselfs. We want to have a longer summer then we did last year, thats for sure. and so do the teachers! Come on! its not fair and we shouldnt have to be the ones paying for it!!
Oh God!!! Save us all from the leaders of tomorrow.
Old Man

Catasauqua, PA

#19 Oct 12, 2009
By Pa. law the school can not hire replacement teachers in the event of a strike...

WOW do they have it covered...
Time for change ..
I think obomba said that.
Netty in SV

Allentown, PA

#20 Oct 12, 2009
Fred Rodgers wrote:
<quoted text>
If they knew what they were doing, they would strike during the state tests.
Th

Actually the PSAT are this week!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northampton County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Megan's Law offender charged with filming 6-yea... Jan 13 silly rabbit 1
News Slate Belt teens steal LED lights from home, co... Dec '15 illiterate 1
News Freemansburg woman held on cocaine, marijuana c... (Apr '13) Dec '15 Xposethebraindead 2
News Stepdad in Necrophilia Murder Case Can't Claim ... Nov '15 silly rabbit 3
News House arrest for DUI: Crime or punishment? : Th... (May '07) Oct '15 Richard Kranium 122
Judge Coonahan Caught in Own Omissions ( Federa... (Feb '11) Oct '15 Frustrated 10
News 'Skeevy' man who groped teen he met at church c... Aug '15 silly rabbit 1
More from around the web