Wider use of methadone to ease pain is proving deadly

Full story: The Morning Call

The one girl's death was another example of a growing national problem in which methadone's transition from detox drug to pain reliever has put it in the hands of people who don't understand its effects.

Comments (Page 9)

Showing posts 161 - 180 of180
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 07

Sanbornton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

LivnLearn wrote:
<quoted text>

Give advice, state your peace,show compassion but for, "GOD'S SAKE" don't add to other people pain.
I am hoping you are directing this part of your post to MANY others through out this forum and not singling me out because you read a post or 2 of mine. I see it as extremely hypocritical if you are. Try reading through the various threads and posts before you direct that sentence at me alone.

You are not the only one with "pain".

Why don't you spread your peace and love elsewhere, I don't want it.

Sanbornton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

LivnLearn wrote:
<quoted text>
Arguing is pointless, this is not a contest to see who can win, with their point of view. You have an opinion and you express it in the way you see fit. The point I was trying to get across to you is; people come here to learn, get advice and possibly make a difference, in a positive way, in someone elses life. Why, Why, Why do you feel it makes sense to add negativity to peoples lives. Does it serve a purpose to you? Do you feel that it is the only way to reach people? Honestly, I am trying to understand why people do this. I am not being sarcastic or trying to antagonize you in anyway.
I guess this is for anyone out there that feels like addressing people in a negative way is productive. I don't understand it. Life is hard enough, painful enough and stressful enough strictly on it own.
Give advice, state your peace,show compassion but for, "GOD'S SAKE" don't add to other people pain.
You just joined it seems. You haven't been around this forum to see how things really are. Like I said, check out the various posts and threads from months ago, you'll be suprised.

“Too soon old, too late smart..”

Since: Feb 07

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Judged:

LivnLearn wrote:
<quoted text>
Arguing is pointless, this is not a contest to see who can win, with their point of view. You have an opinion and you express it in the way you see fit. The point I was trying to get across to you is; people come here to learn, get advice and possibly make a difference, in a positive way, in someone elses life. Why, Why, Why do you feel it makes sense to add negativity to peoples lives. Does it serve a purpose to you? Do you feel that it is the only way to reach people? Honestly, I am trying to understand why people do this. I am not being sarcastic or trying to antagonize you in anyway.
I guess this is for anyone out there that feels like addressing people in a negative way is productive. I don't understand it. Life is hard enough, painful enough and stressful enough strictly on it own.
I check back here every couple of days to see in the tone of the discussion has changed, and to see if you are still trying to bring civility to this thread. And here you are! I'll probably not check back again since it seems to have degenerated into a thread for a group of friends chatting together and insulting anyone who has a different opinion - or worldview for that matter. I wish you luck, and hope you continue to be a ray of civility wherever you go -
God bless -
sally

“Too soon old, too late smart..”

Since: Feb 07

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Judged:

Yup, I have typos, too.

Since: May 08

Rock Port, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Serenitys Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
I am hoping you are directing this part of your post to MANY others through out this forum and not singling me out because you read a post or 2 of mine. I see it as extremely hypocritical if you are. Try reading through the various threads and posts before you direct that sentence at me alone.
You are not the only one with "pain".
Why don't you spread your peace and love elsewhere, I don't want it.
No, I did not mean you alone.

Life is just to short.

Sanbornton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Judged:

Sarah-Sally wrote:
<quoted text>
I check back here every couple of days to see in the tone of the discussion has changed, and to see if you are still trying to bring civility to this thread. And here you are! I'll probably not check back again since it seems to have degenerated into a thread for a group of friends chatting together and insulting anyone who has a different opinion - or worldview for that matter. I wish you luck, and hope you continue to be a ray of civility wherever you go -
God bless -
sally
The tone of every thread changes, my God are you that naive that you cannot see it. Are you that naive that you cannot see this whole forum for what it really is? Go back to December and see how I was treated after my very first post. That has happened to the majority of people here so I am not just talking about myself only. Dec 9th I believe was my first post. Go back and see how many people have been treated around here, it won't stop and it is not because of me alone, it was like this before. If you cannot handle it, perhaps this isn't the place for you.

Rock Port, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Judged:

Sarah-Sally wrote:
<quoted text>
God bless -
sally
Thank you for adding another positive voice. Hopefully the positive comments will spread, regardless of peoples view on Methadone. Everyone can get their point across without belittling anyone else.
at least there are a few

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Judged:

Sarah-Sally wrote:
<quoted text>
God bless -
sally
who still have their heads on their shoulders and can have a peaceful discussion no matter the point of view

Sanbornton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

LivnLearn wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for adding another positive voice. Hopefully the positive comments will spread, regardless of peoples view on Methadone. Everyone can get their point across without belittling anyone else.
Good luck with that one.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

MMTer wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still waiting!!!???????
I just joined and have been reading posts. If you cant get 40mg Meth. then how do you explain how someone robbed the area clinic here and took like 20 methadone pills????

“GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!”

Since: Apr 08

Still there......

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Cathy S wrote:
<quoted text>
I just joined and have been reading posts. If you cant get 40mg Meth. then how do you explain how someone robbed the area clinic here and took like 20 methadone pills????
The 40mg are still allowed to be prescribed by clinics now, but no longer for pain. You're right.

“METHADONE-Drug of Destruction”

Since: Jan 08

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Judged:

Cathy S wrote:
<quoted text>
As you will notice, the pro-mmter's make alot of excuses for other's behaviors, but as soon as one die's, then it's like their own damn fault. Talk about some double standard BS. Love, Mary

Sanbornton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Judged:

HARMD-VP wrote:
<quoted text>
As you will notice, the pro-mmter's make alot of excuses for other's behaviors, but as soon as one die's, then it's like their own damn fault. Talk about some double standard BS. Love, Mary
I couldn't have said it better myself Mary.

I am sensing some tenacity in your posts Cathy. I love it, keep it up girl.

You know I love ya.
Lady Day

Beverly Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Judged:

Wow! This is not a thread I would want to find anything about methadone on. I think I will google methadone.
Serenitys Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, sorry to keep waiting, I forgot totally that you existed.
If you don't want to be attacked, shut up. Very simple and straught to the point.
You're an addict, that is that.
I will further my cause in the way I see fit not the way you see fit.
Do not tell me not to judge, I will judge as I have been judged here.
Do not EVER tell me that something I chose to do is a pointless use of my life, I do not do drugs, I do not participate in illegal activities, I am a wonderful mother....this to me constitutes a ver full and gratifying life. You, however are an addict. This constitutes loss of freedom, devoid of all feeling and dependence on your precious methadone for life. Just becareful now, you may be our next OD.

Sanbornton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Judged:

Lady Day wrote:
Wow! This is not a thread I would want to find anything about methadone on. I think I will google methadone.
<quoted text>
There are many other threads on this forum, if you do not like my posts, do not read them, rather simple.

Wow??? Go back a few months ago here on this forum, you'll see some worse stuff.

If you cannot take what you read here like a little spoiled girl, perhaps you don't belong here.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

google away

Sanbornton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Judged:

Angel_Matts_Mom wrote:
google away
LMAO! Cathy, you rock!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Judged:

Angel_Matts_Mom wrote:
google away
Like I said google away thats what I did and found nothing good on Methadone

Sanbornton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Judged:

Angel_Matts_Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said google away thats what I did and found nothing good on Methadone
There is nothing good about methadone.
jamie walker

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

Judged:

My mother recently passed away , and methadone was a contributing factor, the police are not interested about it being sold to her even though all the evidence is there, something needs to be done..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161 - 180 of180
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••