Do you think that DHHR has violated y...

Do you think that DHHR has violated your rights?

Posted in the Nicholas County Forum

Human Rights Violation

United States

#1 Jul 3, 2009
DHHR in Nicholas county has discriminated against me due to the fact that I am a male.
Doama

United States

#2 Jan 14, 2010
How so
davidlodell

Jacksonville, FL

#3 Feb 23, 2010
the dhhr in nicholas co. think they are god remember the baby bragg case in 2006 the judge gave custody to my sister and she woulnt let them in to snoop pissed them off now she cant see them at all. thy snatch your kids in a hart beat and thats after he judge says yodid nothin wrong. it doesnt matter if your a male its if they like u. i no ms tenney
Human Rights Violation wrote:
DHHR in Nicholas county has dis criminated against me due to the fact that I am a male.
michael adam carder

Warren, OH

#4 Oct 20, 2012
My son has been taken by the state of w.va. twice and not one time have i been contacted. I have court papers giving me the right to all decisions made on his behalf. I have a lawer and intend to file charges on the state of w.va. and his dhhr represenative for child endangerment
joe

Weston, WV

#5 Jan 4, 2013
i believe that a worker at dhhr violated my wifes rights today and has intentionally tried to harrass and descriminate my wife and my family since the end of november. i lost my job in november and had been trying to find a job since that time and we called the local dhhr to see what help we could get. we spoke to the wv works worker and she immediately signed us up for the class and after evaluating the works program we decided that it was way to low of an incoome for the amount of time that you have to work or volunteer. the worker didnt like that we didnt want to be in wv works and then set out to keep us from receiving medical card and food stamps for our children. today we had to have emergency assistance and this same worker came into my wifes case workers office and screamed at her at the top of her lungs accusing her of fraud and telling my wife i made sure i went into your case and denied your medical card because you are commiting fraud because your wages are higher than you are reporting. this was not the case my wife has started at burger king and had received 4 shifts in 3 weeks there for 4 or 5 hours each shift yesterday she got 7 hours that was the only day she worked this week. the woman degraded, harrassed, emabarrassed, and descriminated against my wife because she was low income. She seems to have a hatred for people that are in a bad finacial situation. we have not always had low income in fact i was a computer technician before i was laid off and then i became a truck driver immediately after that its just been hard getting a job with 7 months otr exp. locally. what laws do i need to reference if anyone knows because my wife is utterly humiliated because of this woman in public and i know it has to be illegal. my wifes actual worker did help us and apologized for the other womans actions but my wife is emotionally scarred after this experience and humiliated and is afraid this may happen again if she goes into the dhhr for anything even if she qualifies.
blt

Summersville, WV

#6 Jan 8, 2013
they always make me feel like I am asking them to hand out of their own pockets. When I was able to work I did and paid my taxes to help those who needed it then. They came in and took my grandchildren back in the fall, for allegations that were not proven and were not true. they brought the state police and took them screaming and crying from our arms. Police man pushed me into wall and went past me upstairs where my daughter was laying down in only her tshirt and undePers out of chest and dumped things in floor and upset a bed which caused a ashtray to be upset. Totally destroyed the bedroom and reported to APS that myself and my fiance' were being abused. Not so at all.
Now they are pee testing and going to court and have all this stuff scheduled for them and makes it hard for them to keep their jobs.
Jenn

Wheeling, WV

#7 Mar 15, 2013
Social Workers are supposed to be people with compassion with a knowledge of community services. We all have different skills and talents and need different types of assistance. My IMPRESSION of WV DHHR is it's a gossip clache where stupidity breeds stupidity and we have stupid leading stupid. this is true of most hospitals and mental health, federal buildings, VA and other entities I have site visited including insitutions of education.
Wow

Charleston, WV

#8 Apr 16, 2013
Why can nothing be done about this? It is not right we as parents have to follow the rules why don't they? Every one knows each other and in my personal opinion the workers will pick favorites if they do not like you forget it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicholas County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hospital worker responds to news of closing (May '08) Jun '15 kimskid1 91
News Woman's Body Found In Nicholas Co. Pond (Oct '09) Jun '15 FORGAVE 1,000
News Suspect Caught After Multiple Stabbing May '15 killALLjewsNOT1or2 1
News Nicholas County murder suspect on the run (Jun '14) May '15 RUnut 15
Cps May '15 Concernedmom 2
Title 19 Waiver Program 4 The Handicapped Child... (Oct '09) Apr '15 DHHR Worker 64
Nicholas County laying off law enforcement Mar '15 zero 2
More from around the web