Nicholas County Woman Claims Civil Ri...

Nicholas County Woman Claims Civil Rights Were Violated

There are 244 comments on the West Virginia Metro story from Oct 8, 2009, titled Nicholas County Woman Claims Civil Rights Were Violated. In it, West Virginia Metro reports that:

A Summersville resident has filed a lawsuit against the city, its mayor and a police officer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at West Virginia Metro.

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Nicholas County Joe

United States

#1 Oct 8, 2009
What an idiot she truly is...and has been all her life!
THE ONE

Lubbock, TX

#2 Oct 8, 2009
I hope she sues big time he better have had that camera and mic on for his benefit or all hell might break loose Summersville is always in the spotlight.Get a lawyer.get a lawyer get a lawyer.......................
THE ONE

Lubbock, TX

#3 Oct 8, 2009
He better have had the camera and mic on,get a lawyer and sue.
Sville WV

Great Cacapon, WV

#4 Oct 8, 2009
I hope she and her lawyer both go BANKRUPT. I bet if you were to check the records, you would find she's a system sue happy idiot. What a waste of tax payers money. Get a life.
sue

United States

#5 Oct 9, 2009
yeah!!! why should the mayor and the police have to obey rules like the rest of us!!!
Not a lawyer

United States

#6 Oct 9, 2009
On the face of it, it seems like a case of a private business owner banning someone from their shop.

It's like Walmart's policy of prohibiting shoplifters from their store.

If it's that cut and dry, what's the big deal? Hopefully there will be more to this story soon.
FO REAL

United States

#7 Oct 9, 2009
Im sure this is the first time this has ever happenend in summersville.......... YEAH RIGHT!
Blitz

AOL

#8 Oct 9, 2009
I've followed this closely since day one. It's an egregious misuse of mayoral power and taxpayer dollars (using on duty officers to deliver court papers for a start)

As for the matter brought up by 'not a lawyer", well, it's not that simple really. see, there a matter of permits, licensing, zoning, and more that can all be affected by politicians. Of COURSE the establishment will side w/ a mayor!!

As far as "NCJ" in the first post goes? Please provide proof that you're not a knuckledragging mouthbreathing moron before asserting your opinions here.
why do you care

United States

#9 Oct 9, 2009
Sville WV wrote:
I hope she and her lawyer both go BANKRUPT. I bet if you were to check the records, you would find she's a system sue happy idiot. What a waste of tax payers money. Get a life.
Well first of all whoever you are,i think she has every right like anyone else to go in those places and not be scared to talk to the MAYOR of the city.
When does he not be the mayor?,when he is gambling?,please give me a break.
His problem is that he didnt want to let everyone know that he is a gambling addict,thats why he wanted her gone from where he slums at.If you read it, the article says she talked to him outside the establishment,now if thats true it means that no one citizen better not ask him anything concerning his job or you will be banned from wherever it may be,now is that a Mayor YOU WANT?NOT ME!!.
I hope she wins,puts him out of office,and the city gets a mayor that will do something positive for the city.
Idiots like you dont know your butt from a hole in the ground and just want to make rude comments on stuff like this and have no idea what your talking about.
Why should she be banned from anywhere to satisfy him?cause he is the mayor?PLEASE,he is not anything special.
He misused his power or position to have a harmless person banned cause he didint want to do his job and answer what she wanted to know,he was too busy gambling to worry about a citizens concerns and his big feeling self will do nothing but run the city down.
All i can say you go girl!!!......i hope you take him for all he has and maybe he will learn to treat people better and knock him off this pedistal he thinks he is on.
Ive only met the man once or twice,but from what ive seen he doesnt have time for anyone thats not in his click,therfor talking to anyone thats not his friend he treats like nothing but trash.
So good luck Lady with your lawsuit,i hope you win and never have to worry about stuff like this anymore the rest of your life,dont let idiots in the world no matter what their title is intimidate you,you have rights too and dont let anyone ever tell you otherwise.To blitz i agree with what you said except an ONDUTY CITY OFFICER police officer was used to deliver NON court papers.
Funny that the mayor complains and then the city police get involved???
know it all

United States

#10 Oct 9, 2009
Its not illegal for an on duty officer to serve court papers, shoot the sheriff's department does it everyday, how do you think subpeona's and court orders get served. I'm not siding with the mayor but as far as serving a paper on her that is legitimate business not a waste of taxpayer money and by no means an arrest or detention as was claimed in the paper.
Blitz

AOL

#11 Oct 9, 2009
TY for correcting me on that WDYC. I'm not in front of the comp that has all the correspondence filed. My other points stand as written.
why do you care

United States

#12 Oct 9, 2009
And know it all,you need to read the laws about police involvement.
It is definately not legal for police to be involved in a nonlegal matter,they had no buisness doing anything unless it was a police matter or court order.
I still feel she was done wrong and they need to pay for what they did....GO GET EM GIRL!!!
Sorry about that blitz,no harm meant.
Blitz

AOL

#13 Oct 9, 2009
I wrote a long comment, but it seems to have been swallowed.

Ok. KIA? I may not nor pretend to know the laws in WV, but where I live? it most certainly is illegal for an On duty police officer to be delivering OR aiding in the deliverance of non court doucuents. That is what a "Sherriff" is for. Also, please note that never did I say illegal. I said it was an egregious misuse of mayoral power and taxpayer funds.

Also KIA? She WAS in fact, by definition, unlawfully detained. She was prevented by a Police officer from leaving the premises until an employee of the establishment could deliver the ban letter. Police may hold you for a variety of reasons, but they all must involve crime or suspicion thereof.

No harm taken WDYC. In fact, I appreciate the correction.

NEXT?
Blitz

AOL

#14 Oct 9, 2009
HA!! I love the "judge it" thing here. Seems that someone from the Mayors office is really doubling down on " teh stoopid "...
Blitz

AOL

#15 Oct 9, 2009
By the way? I've been privy to most communications, court papers filed, findings, amicus briefs, what have you in this case.

So, you MAY want to rethink before engaging what little brain you may have.
crazy lady

United States

#16 Oct 9, 2009
That lady is absolutely CRAZY she owes my business money and we finally just wrote it off because we were scared she might sue us for something silly. She is nasty too!
why do you care

United States

#17 Oct 9, 2009
crazy lady wrote:
That lady is absolutely CRAZY she owes my business money and we finally just wrote it off because we were scared she might sue us for something silly. She is nasty too!
LOL......well let me ask you this crazy lady,if she owes YOU money,how can she sue you??.
You shouldve sued her to get your money.
But more than anything ,what does that have to do with a person having their civil rights violated?
Seems to me that people on here just want to put their two cents in it just to be heard no matter if it doesnt have a thing to do with what the thread is all about.
So telling people that she owes you money just shows your own ignorance for not taking any action to get your money.
Let the same thing happen to you and see how fast you start to agree with what shes doing....theres nothing wrong with her wanting the wrong done to her to be corrected and those responsible punished.
This is NOT the first time im sure that the city has been sued for dumb decisions made by public officials putting their ego before their job.
As a matter of fact,i hope she finds out you wrote this and sues you for slander,then youll think about opening your big mouth telling people shes a bad person!!
I smell a rat

United States

#18 Oct 9, 2009
why do you care wrote:
<quoted text>
As a matter of fact,i hope she finds out you wrote this and sues you for slander,then youll think about opening your big mouth telling people shes a bad person!!
In print, it's called libel. But you knew that, right?

Speaking of posting to an anonymous message board, you certainly have a keen interest in this matter and are quick to post angry replies. Why is that? Wouldn't be a little too close to this matter, would we?

Using a proxy server to change your IP each time you reply and to rate other posts only makes it all the more suspicious.

I hope that the smug sandwich you had for dinner doesn't get lodged in your colon.
The Lawyer

Summersville, WV

#19 Oct 9, 2009
Hello Larry......
Blitz

AOL

#20 Oct 9, 2009
Strange. I know for a fact that WDYC is posting from WV, and yet? I see Toronto Canada there. My guess? some jerk is using a 'sock puppet' to defame her. I DARE you to do that to me.

Back on topic?

Smelling your finger? I'm VERY close to the woman involved, and I have NO dog in this hunt beyond a sincere desire to see true justice done. Full dislosure?

I am not a lawyer, I do not play one on TV,nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night. I simply took what little resource I had (time) added 2 parts of what you lack (intelligence), stirred (studied the law) and came to the conclusion that the woman in question has a case.

Rebuttal?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicholas County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hospital worker responds to news of closing (May '08) Jun 7 kimskid1 91
News Woman's Body Found In Nicholas Co. Pond (Oct '09) Jun '15 FORGAVE 1,000
News Suspect Caught After Multiple Stabbing May '15 killALLjewsNOT1or2 1
News Nicholas County murder suspect on the run (Jun '14) May '15 RUnut 15
Cps May '15 Concernedmom 2
Title 19 Waiver Program 4 The Handicapped Child... (Oct '09) Apr '15 DHHR Worker 64
Nicholas County laying off law enforcement Mar '15 zero 2
More from around the web