Negro Creek will remain in Calif Gold...

Negro Creek will remain in Calif Gold Rush county

There are 3 comments on the KMPH-TV Fresno story from Dec 6, 2011, titled Negro Creek will remain in Calif Gold Rush county. In it, KMPH-TV Fresno reports that:

Negro Creek in Nevada County will keep its name, after officials voted down a proposal to change it to something a local resident thought would be kinder.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KMPH-TV Fresno.

ook ook ook

Durrington, UK

#1 Dec 6, 2011
whhat silliness! and WHY do blacks think this is named after some black man? NEGRO means black in Spanish, so it could be like just Black Creek. But please don't let this troublesome minority dictate to you. They wish they could change your history, don't let them. They are trying it over here as well.

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#2 Dec 6, 2011
they should have changed it to black miners creek.

the word "n@@ro" means black and was used to refer to black americans for hundreds of years.

there is obviously history surrounding this "creek" that pertains to my peoples history.
Salty Cracker

Canton, OH

#3 Dec 6, 2011
What about negro mountain in Maryland?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nevada County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Home Invasion Robbery Near Nevada City (Dec '15) Oct '16 Stop murdeters 10
News Lariat and whip master to perform at Pena Adobe (Jun '16) Jun '16 iefbr14a 1
Douglas Automoti ve (May '16) May '16 emmypalmer 1
News Huni Jumps Bail Again (Jan '16) Jan '16 A responsible person 1
News Nevada County opens public comment period for r... (May '15) May '15 Beverly Schuetz 1
News Burglary Suspects Arrested in Lake of the Pines (Mar '15) Mar '15 TBL 1
News Military gear on home front makes some Nevada C... (Sep '14) Sep '14 PHS Communications 1
More from around the web