*******Hicksville Public Library is r...

*******Hicksville Public Library is ripping us off **********

Posted in the Nassau County Forum

Marie Lee Berg

Plainview, NY

#1 Oct 28, 2011
*****NEWS*****
The library board paid 500,000 to buy a home which is next to the library which was supposed to be used for the patrons but which now will become a all new redone biulding for CLERICAL STAFF! I heard they they knew the biulding had mold and they then called OSHA which in tern is making them gut the biulding a make it like new. This is our tax money. What a rip off to the public. Why would the library need a four bedromm house with a full basement? How many clerical staff will be in there?
Hicksville has no auto door such as every other county library and its old looking and worn. The poor people who are in wheelance can not open the heavy double doors at the entrance. The childrens program area is a cold cement floor in the basement. Another example of wasted tax money.
Marie Lee Berg

Plainview, NY

#2 Oct 28, 2011
I would like to add the library has a clerical area on the second floor with a lunch area so the house which was bought for 500,000 should have been used for a library expansion and to improve handicap access.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nassau County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Controller At Car Dealership, Crystal Smalls, 3... Jul 15 RudyRay001 1
Commuter council opens unstaffed office for LIR... Jun '15 Some 1
News Long Island wife Kelly Forbes charged with stra... (Dec '07) May '15 BUBBLESNY 80
News Atlantic Beach man who twice drove high on hero... May '15 Anonymous 2
News Man Found Dead in Jail Cell (Feb '12) May '15 mjjcpa 14
Retired Nassau probation officer sentenced to 8... May '15 More4Me Less4You 1
News Arrest in Levittown graffiti spree (May '09) May '15 Massapequa Chief 248
More from around the web