Plainview, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2011

*****NEWS*****
The library board paid 500,000 to buy a home which is next to the library which was supposed to be used for the patrons but which now will become a all new redone biulding for CLERICAL STAFF! I heard they they knew the biulding had mold and they then called OSHA which in tern is making them gut the biulding a make it like new. This is our tax money. What a rip off to the public. Why would the library need a four bedromm house with a full basement? How many clerical staff will be in there?
Hicksville has no auto door such as every other county library and its old looking and worn. The poor people who are in wheelance can not open the heavy double doors at the entrance. The childrens program area is a cold cement floor in the basement. Another example of wasted tax money.
Marie Lee Berg

Plainview, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2011

I would like to add the library has a clerical area on the second floor with a lunch area so the house which was bought for 500,000 should have been used for a library expansion and to improve handicap access.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••