Fatal shooting in Long Beach

Mar 22, 2010 Full story: 7Online.com 79

Police on Long Island are investigating the fatal shooting of a man in Long Beach.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Crazy Ears

Plainview, NY

#62 Apr 16, 2010
holy canoli wrote:
The Long Beach Police Department salaries listed below, for 2009, were culled from www.seethroughny.net , a site run by the Empire Center for New York State Policy, a project for the Manhattan Institute for Policy Research. Some of the salaries include base pay and overtime. Lieutenants and detective lieutenants
Det. Lt. Thomas Sofield Sr.,$171,935
Det./Lt. James Canner,$162,148
Lt. William Dodge,$145,937
Lt. James McCormack,$159,435
Lt. Bruce Meyer,$183,834
Lt. John Radin,$198,686
Lt. Phillip Ragona,$166,468
Lt. Michael Tangney,$188,979
Lt. Benjamin Tayne,$155,737
Sergeants and detective sergeants
Det. Sgt. Howard Domitz,$161,392
Det. Sgt. Karl Hayes,$147,787
Sgt. Dean Burke,$133,286
Sgt. Stefan Chernaski,$139,136
Sgt. Eric Cregeen,$136,290
Sgt. Richard DePalma,$150,614
Sgt. Michael Langlois,$153,726
Sgt. Daniel Larson,$145,645
Sgt. Timothy Radin,$172,948
Sgt. Edward Ryan,$136,952
Sgt. Mark Stark,$143,691
Sgt. John Whelan,$145,034
Detectives
Det. Michael Bulik,$181,225
Det. Michael Corbett,$129,159
Det. Orlando Garcia,$147,203
Det. Georgene League-Picucci,$136,771
Det. Jose Miguez,$122,599
Det. Walter Munsterman,$173,507
Det. Thomas Rourke,$147,355
Det. John Sharpe,$139,305
Det. Christopher Walsh,$127,521
Det. David Williams,$133,522
Are these base salaries? Do they get overtime too?
baseless base

Roslyn Heights, NY

#63 Apr 16, 2010
Crazy Ears wrote:
<quoted text>
Are these base salaries? Do they get overtime too?
Base salaries, not including overtime. Incredible, huh? Whose walking the beat?
WOW

Long Beach, NY

#64 Apr 17, 2010
baseless base wrote:
<quoted text>
Base salaries, not including overtime. Incredible, huh? Whose walking the beat?
These are the base salaries for 6 months, they also receive 30% night differential, overtime paid at 3X regular pay and a $50,000 bonus per year if they go sick less than 10 times a year.
obscene

Port Washington, NY

#65 Apr 17, 2010
it is obscene
Shooter Arrested

Long Beach, NY

#66 Apr 18, 2010
According to today's Newsday, "Casey Fitzgerald, 20, of 31 E. Hudson St., was arrested Friday in Chesterfield County, VA., on a warrant in connection with last month's day-time shooting of 46 year old Ernest Cummings, police said."

He is awaiting extradition on a murder charge.

Thank Goodness he was caught and justice will now be served. He should do a nice, long stint in the pokey.
johnny cochran

United States

#67 Apr 18, 2010
Melanie wrote:
Hey Goin away ,my condolences, I knew Coo and yes he was a good guy. Can ya tell me how this happened with so many of his people there?? Maybe if someone actually stated some FACTS there would be less assumptions. Fact is everybody in that hood pretty much knows what's going on in that hood so how did it go so far???? What are we missing??? RIP COO and God Bless his family and loved ones.
At least someone around here is making some sense. If so much people was there, why is it so many different stories and why didn't any body a 20yr old and a 40 something year old from arguing before it got to that point.
Maria

Bronx, NY

#68 Apr 18, 2010
Now that he has been caught, he will get what he deserves! My thoughts and prayers are with the family.
free casey

United States

#69 Apr 18, 2010
He wasn't a angel shit happens can't nobody bring him back I don't wish death on anyone but karma is a bitch he killed and sold drugs and I saw him with his dogs off the leash numerous occasions so cry me a river build a bridge and get over it because all yall doin is talking shit behind a screename and quite as a church mouse in person
Jail Casey

Mahwah, NJ

#70 Apr 18, 2010
Free Casey? Nah, he's right where he belongs with the rest of the maggots!
good

Binghamton, NY

#71 Apr 18, 2010
hopefully Casey turns into someones girlfriend
HAHA

Stamford, CT

#72 Apr 18, 2010
Don't You mean hope he turns into someones boyfriend? Yeah free some punk ass who used a gun to settle a simple, stupid argument over a f'in dog being off his leash.....Laughable.....
Shooter Arrested

Long Beach, NY

#73 Apr 19, 2010
Go to jail, go directly to jail. Do not pass go and do not collect $200. I'm happy to go to work every day to keep his butt behind bars. He never stood a chance in the real world. He was set up for failure from the moment he was born. See ya, wouldn't want to be ya.
Melanie

AOL

#74 Apr 26, 2010
To all the brothers and sisters in every hood I recommend "Stop the Violence Movement's" Self Destruction (we're heading for self destruction) Rap Attack 1988. Somethings gotta change. Peace
Florida Fam

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#75 May 1, 2010
RIP Coo Coo. I'm glad your murderer will be brought to justice! NY fam know that we love you and are praying for you!
Randall to Melanie

Mahwah, NJ

#76 Jun 4, 2010
Melanie wrote:
Yeah and you're a dream come true. Are you saying that because I know the Merchants and the Lakes that I'm a lowlife. I don't think they would agree and you really, really and I mean really should keep your ignorant opinions to yourself. And again I didn't start this I'm just posting like everyone else and here comes the morons. Where are your kids right now while you're posting hate messages. Maybe at a white supremist meeting.
Melanie wrote:
Yeah and you're a dream come true. Are you saying that because I know the Merchants and the Lakes that I'm a lowlife. I don't think they would agree and you really, really and I mean really should keep your ignorant opinions to yourself. And again I didn't start this I'm just posting like everyone else and here comes the morons. Where are your kids right now while you're posting hate messages. Maybe at a white supremist meeting.
I am pretty appalled by the way this person (Melanie) carries on about things in these forum topics and the way she degrades other people at her whim. As a member of the black community in this city I find her behavior to be despicable and insulting to all of us.
Melanie, I am quite sure that Merchants and the Lakes and for that matter everyone else around here really do not care about you. You came on this forum to be noticed and verified by the neighborhood and community and all of us who know you understand how troubled you were and still are. You comment concerning a white supremacist meeting was completely uncalled for, disturbing and worthy of an apology.The fact that you carried on unfiltered while we were mourning the loss of a neighborhood friend was disrespectful and disgraceful. Please know that your words and behavior are by no means a reflection on the people you might know and their values. You yourself own that hate.
I suggest that you should pause, think and (seriously)seek help either professionally and maybe by reaching out to someone in the church. Please dis-associate yourself with your feelings of belonging to this community, it is not in your/our best interests. Also, in the interests of young people and children who may happen to come upon this forum, I request that you either tone down your hate and degrading comments or leave the forum all together.
My Feeling is that you will come back with a typical demonic nasty remark and retort which at that point would indicate to everyone that you are beyond help.
Melanie

AOL

#77 Jun 7, 2010
Yeah that must be it.
Crap On You

Lynbrook, NY

#78 Jun 7, 2010
I smoked dope with Whitney Houston in the stairwell. Melanie, are ya jealous?
red white and dlue

Little Rock, AR

#79 Aug 27, 2010
Does anyone know the Sedato family?
i hate dirty cops

Pittsburgh, PA

#80 Aug 14, 2014
how can u pay a crack john sharpe over 139,000 dollars the only reason why he's a cop is cuz of his daddy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nassau County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man Found Dead in Jail Cell (Feb '12) Dec 22 GODBlessAmerica 11
kathleen rice nassau DA - can she stop the corr... (Apr '07) Dec 20 AllAboutTheBenjamins 69
Police: Man exposed self to children in Glen Co... Dec 11 Furious 1
Arrest in Levittown graffiti spree (May '09) Dec 1 bulet 247
Former Freeport principal admits to sex abuse, ... Nov '14 Amazinmom 4
Fingernail leads to arrest in Roosevelt chain s... Nov '14 Thickdiva44 1
Saving Long Island's Gold Coast (Mar '06) Nov '14 Hail mary 130
More from around the web