Fatal shooting in Long Beach

Fatal shooting in Long Beach

There are 79 comments on the 7Online.com story from Mar 22, 2010, titled Fatal shooting in Long Beach. In it, 7Online.com reports that:

Police on Long Island are investigating the fatal shooting of a man in Long Beach.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 7Online.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
L Lake

Waterloo, Canada

#1 Mar 24, 2010
Its a shame how little we value life in our community. At some point we have to realize the only way we are going to grow as a community and as a race is to teach our children the value of life. R.I.P KOOKOO. Only the good die young
Your order sir

Roslyn Heights, NY

#2 Mar 24, 2010
Nassau Police and Long Beach Police. Both on the case. Hmmmm. Sounds like lots of overtime for LB Like on any job site, somebody does the heavy lifting and somebody gets the coffee. I wonder who does what here:

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/nassau/lon...
Crap On You

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Mar 24, 2010
How the hell is his girlfriend a 52 year old retired bank teller? Retired? At 52? From bank telling?

Something doesn't add up.
Grammar Queen

Amityville, NY

#4 Mar 24, 2010
Crap On You wrote:
How the hell is his girlfriend a 52 year old retired bank teller? Retired? At 52? From bank telling?
Ms. Brooks' is a widow. Her husband died about 12 years ago. Maybe she collects money from his employer. I don't really know what that has to do with anything.

Casey Fitzgerald (or Merchant as he's using) is on the loose. I hope the police catch him soon. This shooting was so unnecessary (not that any of them are).
Crap On You

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Mar 24, 2010
It has plenty to do with everything! There are no insignificant facts in this case! We will get to the bottom of it! OHHH YES WE WILL!
Grammar Queen

Long Beach, NY

#6 Mar 24, 2010
Crap On You wrote:
It has plenty to do with everything! There are no insignificant facts in this case! We will get to the bottom of it! OHHH YES WE WILL!
I certainly hope the police get to the bottom of this. It's a tragedy never the less and I feel for this family and wonder what makes a 20 year old just shoot someone in the head - twice.
Maria

Oceanside, NY

#7 Mar 24, 2010
My heart goes out to the family of this tragedy. I too would like to know what makes a 20 year old shoot someone.
Kuro

Long Beach, NY

#8 Mar 24, 2010
I grew up on East Market across the street from Casey, we rode the same bus to school, everything I know about him says he doesn't seem like the kind of kid that could do this. He was always laid back and down to earth. I just can't believe he'd shoot a decent person like that over not having his dog on a leash like Newsday reported.
haha

Mahwah, NJ

#9 Mar 24, 2010
hes black, of course he would shoot someone over something so stupid
SMJ

San Mateo, CA

#10 Mar 24, 2010
Crap On You wrote:
what does that matter with why he got shot, or even why this actually happened? Let's stick to the important things like focusing on our youths, trying to make things like this not happen, and make the person responsible for this now face the consequences.
SMJ

San Mateo, CA

#11 Mar 24, 2010
haha wrote:
hes black, of course he would shoot someone over something so stupid
in a situation like this, I don't understand how you could be so nieve and immature!!!
Crap On You

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Mar 25, 2010
SMJ wrote:
<quoted text>
in a situation like this, I don't understand how you could be so nieve and immature!!!
#1: That word is "naive".

#2: I would say that someone who was naive and immature is doing less harm with comments on a website than with a gun. And the poster is merely pointing out that these sorts of things tend to happen when people of color are involved.
death is not a game

Corona, NY

#13 Mar 25, 2010
Casey is an animal who runs wild with his gun carrying, crack selling "blood" gang friends. It is exactly the kind of thing I would expect from such a piece of human excrement. One can only hope that the cops who catch up to him see him "reaching" and put him down like the wild animal he is. Do us all a favor and save the tax paying public the money it will cost to warehouse that savage for the rest of his useless life. I can only hope the rest of his crew goes down with him so that E Hudson St will be safe.
LB Parent

Amityville, NY

#14 Mar 25, 2010
I agree with "death". This kid has been a nightmare since he emerged from the womb. Even as a tot at West School, he was unable to control himself. His family never took responsibility for his actions. They always blamed the schools for everything.

Let him rot in prison once they find this creep.
Melanie

AOL

#15 Mar 25, 2010
Hey L.Lake is that you (Jr)? What's up in Cali? Man from your lips to God's ears. It's a me me world. Sorry to hear a Merchant is involved. Knew Brady from the old school good old days. God bless everyone involved.
Location is everything

Roslyn Heights, NY

#16 Mar 25, 2010
LB Parent wrote:
I agree with "death". This kid has been a nightmare since he emerged from the womb. Even as a tot at West School, he was unable to control himself. His family never took responsibility for his actions. They always blamed the schools for everything.
Let him rot in prison once they find this creep.
Is it true that shooting happened just a couple of blocks from the PD? What up wit dat?
LB Parent

Amityville, NY

#17 Mar 25, 2010
Yup. The shooting occurred on the east side of the railroad tracks and the PD is on the west side of the RR tracks.
LB Parent

Amityville, NY

#18 Mar 25, 2010
Melanie wrote:
Hey L.Lake is that you (Jr)? What's up in Cali? Man from your lips to God's ears. It's a me me world. Sorry to hear a Merchant is involved. Knew Brady from the old school good old days. God bless everyone involved.
This explains everything about your demeanor in your posts (trolling).
Melanie

AOL

#19 Mar 25, 2010
Yeah and you're a dream come true. Are you saying that because I know the Merchants and the Lakes that I'm a lowlife. I don't think they would agree and you really, really and I mean really should keep your ignorant opinions to yourself. And again I didn't start this I'm just posting like everyone else and here comes the morons. Where are your kids right now while you're posting hate messages. Maybe at a white supremist meeting.
LB Parent

Amityville, NY

#20 Mar 25, 2010
Melanie wrote:
Yeah and you're a dream come true. Are you saying that because I know the Merchants and the Lakes that I'm a lowlife. I don't think they would agree and you really, really and I mean really should keep your ignorant opinions to yourself. And again I didn't start this I'm just posting like everyone else and here comes the morons. Where are your kids right now while you're posting hate messages. Maybe at a white supremist meeting.
I didn't write anything hateful. That's your m.o. My "kids" are at work because they are productive human beings and do not live a life of crime because they received amazing educations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nassau County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nassau County Police say 23-year-old Christophe... (Apr '08) Dec 22 Debo36 6
John Rottkamp Hempstead Building Dept Nov '17 Dan 1
News Prosecutors say Mark Barber, a Nassau County Co... (Aug '10) Oct '17 social Commentary 40
News Arrest in Levittown graffiti spree (May '09) Oct '17 Nassau County PRO... 251
how sex traffickers find their victims Aug '17 coco4u 1
News Long Island wife Kelly Forbes charged with stra... (Dec '07) Jul '17 MLohan 92
News Nassau Cop Gets Community Service for Stealing ... (Jun '12) Apr '17 Anonymous 4
More from around the web