Nassau County police make three separate meth-related arrests

Aug 25, 2011 Full story: The Florida Times-Union 11

Sandra Oelke Smith, 49, was picked up after police arrived at a fire on Worthington Drive in Yulee.

Full Story

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#1 Aug 30, 2011
There is a poster in the Times-Union article who goes by the screenname "Grandpa Too." He thinks people should do a mandatory 30 years for meth. What is he some sort of crazy, right wing conservative! I think he's full of it. I don't condone drugs but anything more than 5 years for drugs is ridiculous. They didn't commit murder, rape, or robbery. He said clear out the potheads and make room for methheads. Well I agree that more serious offenders should be in and the lesser degree offenders out. That does save tax payer money but keeping drug offenders in for 30 years would cost taxpayers to feed, bathe, and give them a place to sleep and their medical expenses. That's not very fiscally conservative.
equalityboy81

Jacksonville, FL

#2 Sep 19, 2011
Anitre12

Yulee, FL

#3 Sep 19, 2011
Everyone has the right to speak their mind....BUT if you don't know the facts and just believe what you read in the newspapers then you are AN IDIOT. I don't condone the drugs either but one drug addiction is just as bad as the other so lets clear this up.....an addict has an ILLNESS just like a person who is mentally ill or has COPD. They must have SUPPORT and encouragement from their families & friends - if they don't then they are doomed for life. So...Mr. Grandpa Too.......do you have any family members who are ill and how have YOU helped them? If you JUDGED them like you have done here (when you know nothing about these people)then I really hope that KARMA comes back and smacks you hard. It may not be your family that you are referring to here but it happens to be one of mine and he has never ROBBED ME, RAPED ME or hurt me in anyway.....in fact, he is a wonderful person with a terrible illness.
Anitre12

Yulee, FL

#4 Sep 19, 2011
And THANK YOU, equalityboy81.......you have been a tremendous help!

Location hidden

#5 Sep 19, 2011
Anitre12 wrote:
And THANK YOU, equalityboy81.......you have been a tremendous help!
You are certainly welcome Anitre12.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#6 Dec 4, 2011
Funny, how the paper tells when someone is arrested but don't you think that they should set the record straight when the original charges have been dropped? Do they consider the reputations that they ruin from printing their news? How corrupt the Nassau justice system is? Do they even consider that just because Nassau arrests someone that maybe it was by mistake or the wrong identity?

Location hidden

#7 Dec 4, 2011
They never consider that. They should be required by law to make any corrections in the paper and update it if the original charges have been dropped. Everyone seems to assume arrest equals guilty, it does not.

Location hidden

#8 Dec 5, 2011
Obviously, in Nassau County!! I am hearing from another county State Attorney that Nassau is one of the most corrupt in the State. It is truly ashame!
burrito-eato-sta y leano

Yulee, FL

#9 Dec 6, 2011
don't you know you can't cook beans on a grill? and you don't get a free call at that jail. there is no justice here or in any other county for that matter... they are all corrupt. its definately "you are GUILTY until you can prove otherwise and you STILL sit in jail for months and months on a bullcrap charge with an over inflated bond. AND YOU CANNOT CALL A CELL PHONE FROM THOSE JAIL PHONES! So like who in this world still has an old style "house phone" ? ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! hot damn these grilled beans are good- kinda crunchy with a strong charcoal taste to them... breaks teeth too.

Location hidden

#10 Dec 6, 2011
burrito-eato-stay leano wrote:
don't you know you can't cook beans on a grill? and you don't get a free call at that jail. there is no justice here or in any other county for that matter... they are all corrupt. its definately "you are GUILTY until you can prove otherwise and you STILL sit in jail for months and months on a bullcrap charge with an over inflated bond. AND YOU CANNOT CALL A CELL PHONE FROM THOSE JAIL PHONES! So like who in this world still has an old style "house phone" ? ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! hot damn these grilled beans are good- kinda crunchy with a strong charcoal taste to them... breaks teeth too.
I do think some counties are way more corrupt than others though.

Location hidden

#11 Dec 8, 2011
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do think some counties are way more corrupt than others though.
Oh now I see that someone 'judged me' and I am "clueless" and "nuts". Too FUNNY!! If they only knew.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nassau County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Callahan 18-year-old dies in Nassau County acci... Jul '14 Brenda 2
As Northeast Florida ages, experts say senior s... Jul '14 He who knows 1
Suspect in Wife's Murder Facing New Charges (Oct '07) Jun '14 kill the bastard 746
Arrested for sex with a 15-year-old (Dec '09) Dec '13 TheLawIsCrazy 7
Cheaper land, other incentives draw company fro... (Oct '13) Nov '13 equalityboy81 2
Family hopes fatality leads to awareness A burn... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Joe 1
COTTO: Wesley White is taking Angela Corey to c... (Aug '13) Aug '13 dukeofbc 1

Nassau County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE