Suspect in Wife's Murder Facing New C...

Suspect in Wife's Murder Facing New Charges

There are 747 comments on the First Coast News Jacksonville story from Oct 9, 2007, titled Suspect in Wife's Murder Facing New Charges. In it, First Coast News Jacksonville reports that:

NASSAU COUNTY, FL -- The man accused of killing his wife a month after claiming he rescued her in a house fire faces new criminal charges.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News Jacksonville.

he is going to jail

Jacksonville, FL

#25 Oct 23, 2007
RIP Effie! Justice will be served.
Interested party

Middleburg, FL

#27 Oct 24, 2007
It is also quite obvious the people who are writing here and talking about the Ratley family do not know the parents of Michael at all. There has never been any physical abuse at all in their family and the mother and father were both asleep when they were awakened by Michael. It was 3:00 AM. If someone woke me up from a deep sleep at 3 AM, I would not be very coherent either. This family is mourning the loss of a loved one, too. You need to understand that Michael and Effie fought everyone to be together. That is the bottom line.

As for the burning of the trailer, four independent agencies determined that fire was a manufacturer defect. Please review the facts prior to being so judgmental.

These are items that were in the newspaper and on the news. These are common knowledge. Please pay attention prior to commenting about something you know nothing about.
he is going to jail

Jacksonville, FL

#28 Oct 24, 2007
Interested party wrote:
It is also quite obvious the people who are writing here and talking about the Ratley family do not know the parents of Michael at all. There has never been any physical abuse at all in their family and the mother and father were both asleep when they were awakened by Michael. It was 3:00 AM. If someone woke me up from a deep sleep at 3 AM, I would not be very coherent either. This family is mourning the loss of a loved one, too. You need to understand that Michael and Effie fought everyone to be together. That is the bottom line.
As for the burning of the trailer, four independent agencies determined that fire was a manufacturer defect. Please review the facts prior to being so judgmental.
These are items that were in the newspaper and on the news. These are common knowledge. Please pay attention prior to commenting about something you know nothing about.
Do you have any brain cells left at all in that dumb head of yours? Get real, you can not really believe he is innocent...
shocked

Jacksonville, FL

#29 Oct 24, 2007
he is going to jail.... no that person doesn't have any brain cells. as for what she said...that family would have had to been drunk...very drunk to be a such a deep sleep that they couldn't hear someone getting beat to death. "interested party"...she would be rolling over in her grave knowing you are supporting the person who murdered her. You should be ashamed of yourself. One day...you will see the facts, and you will NO shoulder to cry on because no one will care about you. It's shameful you are doing Effie this way.
omg

Orange Park, FL

#30 Oct 24, 2007
he is going to jail wrote:
He has grand theft charges for stealing narcotics from the hospital while his wife was giving birth to their child. Unbelievable. Maybe he will get the death penalty - boy does he deserve more than dying. Torture would be better!
How did you find that out?? It is unbelievable, he's a cook!
omg

Orange Park, FL

#31 Oct 24, 2007
...*wacko
he is going to jail

Jacksonville, FL

#32 Oct 24, 2007
omg wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you find that out?? It is unbelievable, he's a cook!
From Effie Ratley's myspace page. Check it out!
Are you kidding me

Atlanta, GA

#33 Oct 24, 2007
To "Interested Party"...what about all the other fires? I don't think anyone will believe that he just had "bad luck". There have been so many fires that people have begun to lose count of them all! All this in a period of three years......does anyone out really believe that line? And the bit about "No physical abuse" in that family? Are you that sure??? Then again EVERYTHING will come out in court won't it? Wait until his attorney uses it as a "defense" for why he did it. Then let see what you have to say.
stonewal

Bronson, FL

#35 Oct 28, 2007
Interested party.you are sick..standing behind the punk that killed your on flesh and blood....
Interested party wrote:
shocked

Jacksonville, FL

#38 Oct 30, 2007
I will just post again if you want to remove my post. I agree with stonewal.... you need to wake up and realized what happened to Effie. And stop living in La La Land.
Megan

Tallahassee, FL

#39 Oct 31, 2007
Investigators are freakin idiots!!! Michael would never do anything to hurt effie or aiden!
he is going to jail

Jacksonville, FL

#40 Oct 31, 2007
Megan wrote:
Investigators are freakin idiots!!! Michael would never do anything to hurt effie or aiden!
Yes, and obviously you are a moron if you really believe Michael would never hurt anyone. Get real!
You are stupid

Jacksonville, FL

#41 Oct 31, 2007
Megan wrote:
They don't just arrest people and put them in jail for NO reason dumbass!
Upset Sister In Law

Jacksonville, FL

#42 Nov 1, 2007
megan....the investigators are right on. The finger you are pointing at them for being idiots...you need to turn around and point at yourself...since you believe that crazy lie.
Interested parties

AOL

#43 Nov 8, 2007
I find the name calling ridiculous. Moron, idiot, upset sister in law..... I wonder how many of you actually know Effie and Michael personally. Have you seen the evidence? Were you there? There are so many untruths being told here. Even in court. There was a statement made that Aiden would be sleeping in the same room where his mother was murdered. That is NOT true. How many of you concerned family members came to see Effie or Aiden either for that matter in the six weeks she was at home all day recovering from having her baby? Did you, her "Family" call Aiden a "Devil's Child"? Effie said you did and it broke her heart. You made her sad. You need to know that and take responsibility for it.

THe GOd I worship knows what really happened and will see that those accountable will be held responsible, no matter who it is. It is not our job to judge. Vengence is His.
upset sister in law

Jacksonville, FL

#44 Nov 8, 2007
If the shoe fits then wear it. But let me say this "interested parties"....you should take responsibility for what happened and know that YOU ALL HAVE HURT EFFIE BUT NOT HONORING HER. Whether you love michael or not, you should be doing right by Effie. I did see her while she was recovering, and I have never spoken a nasty word about her son. I love Aiden, and I love Effie.
You are right....vengence is his, and he will make everyone who did her wrong...pay.
what ever

Jacksonville, FL

#45 Nov 8, 2007
I am pretty sure that "interested party" is right no one from her family came to see her once she got home from the hospital except her mother!!!! So what does that say???? It is funny that you people never came to see aiden when she got home from the hospital or even after her death, but you proclaim to love him, what has made you so involved with him now????
Shocked

Jacksonville, FL

#46 Nov 8, 2007
Maybe her mother was making up for all the time she did not have a relationship with Effie. And that's something her mother will have to live with. I know that her brother, and his wife went out to see Effie and the baby at their mobile home before it burnt down. And I can't say I don't blame her brother for not wanting to go into a home where his sister was beaten to death when the man who is NOW behind bars was there. Why would he want to put himself in that situation? He loves his sister, and he loves his nephew, and he always has, and always will. Effies mother once said she hated children and that she didn't want effie because she was an accident...what has made her so involve with Aiden?
Look at the Evidence

Jacksonville, FL

#47 Nov 8, 2007
Aiden should not be involved in this conversation... That poor child was not asked to be born, nor will he EVER have a NORMAL life, knowing that his father murdered his mother.
Michael has ruined soooo many lives - why can't you people focus on getting him convicted instead of bashing the families, children etc.?
Michael is a phycho, drug addicted, murdering, suicidal pyromanic - he deserves the death penalty!!(He will probably kill himself first, so all of us can rest easy!)
Amazed

United States

#48 Nov 13, 2007
I saw Michael on the day his wife was killed at the hospital. I did not see him cry once. His sister was devastated and cried alot. Michael acted as though nothing had happened. Effie was beaten to death. If any of you saw her injuries and the way Michael responded at the hospital you would have no doubt he is guilty. Effie's mother is definitely in la la land. How she can defend him is beyond me. I know she was not part of Effie's life the way she should have been it just amazes me that she is trying to be in Aiden's life the way she is. Is she just trying to stay on Michael's good graces in hopes she will get something out of it, or so she can have a relationship with her grandson. Because I am certain Michael would not let her have anything to do with Aiden otherwise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nassau County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nation's serial stowaway released from Nassau C... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Robaire 1
News Fernandina High School teacher charged with sex... (Oct '09) Apr '15 YuleeCoolee 3
Motorcycle accident on US1 3/03/2015 (Mar '15) Mar '15 melbird80 1
News Construction to begin on new Nassau County Sher... (Jan '15) Jan '15 equalityboy81 1
News Callahan 18-year-old dies in Nassau County acci... (Jun '14) Jul '14 Brenda 2
News As Northeast Florida ages, experts say senior s... (Jul '14) Jul '14 He who knows 1
News Arrested for sex with a 15-year-old (Dec '09) Dec '13 TheLawIsCrazy 7
More from around the web