Suspect in Wife's Murder Facing New Charges

NASSAU COUNTY, FL -- The man accused of killing his wife a month after claiming he rescued her in a house fire faces new criminal charges. Full Story
First Prev
of 38
Next Last
omg

Orange Park, FL

#1 Oct 10, 2007
And the charges keep adding...
go figure

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Oct 10, 2007
Yep they keep adding and adding, he is such a loser, and they should take his life, jail isn't enough for what he did to her!!!!!!!!!!
what it do

United States

#4 Oct 11, 2007
how you know he did it. we aint got the evidence.
sugarbear

Jacksonville Beach, FL

#5 Oct 12, 2007
Oh, they have PLENTY of evidence, believe me.
go figure

United States

#6 Oct 12, 2007
Yep they sure do have plenty of evidence!!! and it keeps on rolling in!!!!!!
UPSET SISTER IN LAW

Jacksonville, FL

#7 Oct 17, 2007
what it do.... He did it....no questions about it....All you need is common sense to figure it out.
UPSET SISTER IN LAW

Jacksonville, FL

#8 Oct 17, 2007
And I hope more charges keep piling up...so that he will be in jail for the rest of his pitiful life.
omg

Orange Park, FL

#9 Oct 17, 2007
Does anyone know what the grand theft charges are for exactly? I now he deserves all that he gets...I'd just like to know.
try again

Jacksonville Beach, FL

#13 Oct 18, 2007
Hey go figure - you need to get your facts straight... The mobile home they lived in burnt down BEFORE he murdered his wife in his parents "house", not mobile home. "His" parents did not do this, he did. He has a perfectly normal sister, so they must have done something right.
try again

Jacksonville Beach, FL

#14 Oct 18, 2007
Don't get me wrong, I hope he rots in hell, but his family is going through enough right now. They don't deserve to be punished any more than Effie's family should be. Don't you think they knew something was going on? How stupid could they be not to try to intervene before he killed her?
debby

Jacksonville Beach, FL

#15 Oct 18, 2007
Amen try again!!
Someone who is hurting

Jacksonville, FL

#16 Oct 19, 2007
All you peolple really just really have no idea what you are talking about unless you are directly involved in this case. As try again said both SIDES of the family are hurting jsut because Michael may have or may not have done it, taking shots at his family is not right. They lost someone also, and they were there any had to see her you people did not see her. So you have no idea what the family is going thru until you are directly impacted by this situtaion, if any thing the ratley family may be hurting a little more because they all seen the aftermath of what happened to her and was trying to do there best to help save her. And now they are possiably about to loss their son. Both familys are hurting and you people are not doing either side of the family any good by posting these very mean and hurtful things about the families. You have no idea what it feels like. And I pray that none of you ever have to experience what they are going through. I just pray for both sides of the families.
worried

Jacksonville, FL

#17 Oct 20, 2007
try again.....you have no clue what you are talking about. Her family tried so hard, but she loved him...and she was determined to make it work!
The ratley family may be hurting but they are just as guilty as their son for not telling the truth. How can you live in a home and not hear something getting brutally attacked? And if they didn't hear it and michael didnt do it..what were they on? Both families are suffering for what he did... he has ruined a lot of lives!
So unless you are directly involved...please hush. But...apparently you must be kind to the them, or you wouldn't be saying those NICE things. get a clue...how stupid could you be for saying that?
Someone who is hurting

Atlanta, GA

#18 Oct 21, 2007
Worried maybe you need to get your facts straight. The Ratyley family has DONE everything they have been asked by the detectives, and they have all told the truth. Think about it lying to the police is illegal and don't you think that with such a high profile case as this if they were lying that they would have gotten in some osrt of legal trouble for hinding information. If he did it ou not he parents are not to blame. And worried if you had ever been to see Effie maybe you would have seen how big Michaels paretns house is. There door was shut and the TV was on in their room. And if she was asleep and by she I mean Effie what would they have heard????? The only noise that could have made was the first inital hit and with the amount of trauma that she received it would have rendered her unconciuos from the first hit. So stop blamming his parents. They are not quilty and all you people who keep saying all these bad things about everyone you call yourself Christians and you are the main ones judging and casting blame on people when you IN FACT DO NOT HAVE ALL THE FACTS!!!!! WHen all the facts are laid out for all to see then you can make your blames and what not, but you are not setting a very good example of how a christian should act.
looking for truth

Atlanta, GA

#19 Oct 21, 2007
"Someone who is hurting"....sure sounds like you know alot about this case. Have you talked to the detectives????? Yes, it is illegal to not tell the truth to the police and it's just as illegal to omit facts. If it is like you say that they were in their room with the door closed and tv on and heard nothing, then they must have been passed out or their house is really soundproof. How did they ever hear a baby? Makes you wonder! Did they hear and think that he was "just beating her". Isn't their room right next door to the room she was attacked in? From what was seen in ICU by everyone that went in was she had mutiple defensive wounds on her where she was fighting for her life! Yet no one in the house heard anything? That's sounds really fishy to not only me but many people and I am sure it will to 12 people on a jury. No one has said that the Ratley's should not unconditionally love their son, and provide him with good counsel, but there is a difference.Your attacks on people because they are Christians is really absurd and childish. Are you assuming that because people's comments are against him that it is from her family? Isn't that judgemental yourself? Time will tell what exactly they knew and when, what they may or may not have covered up to protect their son. I can only imagine what thoughts went through her mind with the first blow? Where was help? Why didn't any one come? Look at how many lives with NEVER be the same because of one person's sick, evil actions. Maybe you should talk to the police and tell them what the Ratley's have obviously told you.
Shocked

Jacksonville, FL

#20 Oct 22, 2007
"someone is hurting" is almost sounds like you were in the house when it happened? Or were you called over after he attacked his wife to help clean up? I think you are family...and I can't blame you for defending them, but the truth will come out. And you may possibly go down with the rest of them because it sounds like you know way too much. And as looking for truth said...I saw the defense wounds on her arms and blood under her nails I saw she fought back, so I know in my heart there was noise.
Someone who is hurting

Jacksonville, FL

#21 Oct 22, 2007
Shocked you are crazy!! This entire spread of comments is crazy. And no I am not family, because I could not imagine family members actually out here commenting like this. AS for I know way to much it sounds like everyone on these postings know way to much. People will and are making there own opinions based on what they have heard or seen. And I can not see how all this negative comments are going to help any one. You are right the truth will come out, and finally Effie will be able to rest in peace. She was loved by very many people and is missed by so many. SHe was a great person, mother, wife, and friend.
looking for truth

Atlanta, GA

#22 Oct 22, 2007
Someone who is hurting......you're right about people's opinion based on what they have heard. It sounds like someone has really been telling you alot of things and I hope for your sake that there is validity in what you have been told, though I suspect there is not. That's why it is important for you to go to the detectives or police and tell them what you have been told. Eveyone has a opinion as it strikes at the core of us as human beings. If this could happen to such a sweet, innocent person, like the girl next door, then who else could it happen to? It goes to show you that you really never know people these days. You could have information that is very valuable to this case on way or another.
Shocked

Jacksonville, FL

#23 Oct 23, 2007
I agree with looking for truth. "Someone who is hurting"... you should sit down and talk with the detectives and police and tell them what you have been told. It may speed the case up, so that both families may start their healing process, and so that Effie can finally rest peacefully.
he is going to jail

Jacksonville Beach, FL

#24 Oct 23, 2007
He has grand theft charges for stealing narcotics from the hospital while his wife was giving birth to their child. Unbelievable. Maybe he will get the death penalty - boy does he deserve more than dying. Torture would be better!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 38
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nassau County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Callahan 18-year-old dies in Nassau County acci... Jul '14 Brenda 2
As Northeast Florida ages, experts say senior s... Jul '14 He who knows 1
Arrested for sex with a 15-year-old (Dec '09) Dec '13 TheLawIsCrazy 7
Cheaper land, other incentives draw company fro... (Oct '13) Nov '13 equalityboy81 2
Family hopes fatality leads to awareness A burn... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Joe 1
COTTO: Wesley White is taking Angela Corey to c... (Aug '13) Aug '13 dukeofbc 1
Nassau sheriff turns over documents to FBI (Dec '11) May '13 Why 13

Nassau County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE