Parents on trial in their sons' drowning

Parents on trial in their sons' drowning

There are 1 comment on the The Columbus Dispatch story from Jan 31, 2012, titled Parents on trial in their sons' drowning. In it, The Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Afternoon Update, sent weekday afternoons, keeps you up to date with breaking news and updates from later in the day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Columbus Dispatch.

ohio wrangler

Kent, OH

#1 Jan 31, 2012
We have too many laws in this state and this country. Our governments are slowly taking our freedom away and our laws are turning accidents and poor judgement into crime. This couple has lost their sons due to a stupid decision to camp close to the river. They have to live with this the rest of their lives. Now we have prosecutors wanting to see them locked up for years. We need to take a look at laws our legislature has passed without thinking it through. We need to get rid of some of our prosecutors and have more public defenders at the rate laws are passed. It is wrong to lock up good people who were driving after drinking and have an accident in which their drinking passenger dies. It was an accident, not deliberate. This is the only other example I can think of where people are charged with manslaughter when someone dies in an Accident, but I read of them all the time. We have too many laws that allow people to sue over every nit picking thing they can. Suing because they spilled hot coffee in their lap for example: the person buying the coffee has to take responsibility to understand hot coffee is hot-- period. Some is hotter than others. Take some time to think of all the unjust actions we hear or read about all the time--where some sort of accident leads to prison or lawsuits. People need to take some responsibility for their safety and well being, or we have a police state situation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Muskingum County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ice Jams starting to melt Jan '18 barb gifford 1
News Howard Pleads Not Guilty to 231 Charges (Jul '17) Jul '17 Vicki 1
News Crime Stoppers, local officials tackling prosti... (Sep '12) Apr '17 Truthseeker23 6
News Krouskoupf Sentenced to 7 Years in Prison (Jul '15) Jul '15 Hopeful 1
News Police seize $326 million in pot since 2008, bu... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Cavalier330 3
News Authorities Seek Chillicothe Man (Oct '14) Oct '14 Not 86
News Annual Auction for The Animal Shelter (Oct '14) Oct '14 Anonymous 1