Ohio farm owner mistreated animals: a...

Ohio farm owner mistreated animals: animal welfare

There are 3 comments on the WTVR Richmond story from Oct 19, 2011, titled Ohio farm owner mistreated animals: animal welfare. In it, WTVR Richmond reports that:

The collector who freed his bears, tigers and dozens of exotic animals in Ohio before killing himself, kept them in poor conditions and fed his lions meat from malnourished horses, an animal welfare expert who knew him said on Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR Richmond.

Spotted Hyena

Rochester, NY

#1 Oct 19, 2011
Of course officials are gonna try and deflect criticism of their actions by portraying the owner as a bad guy, he's not alive to dispute it or defend himself.

Van Wert, OH

#2 Oct 19, 2011
His wife is alive.
You people were hollering last night to call in some professionals. They did. Now you are complaining about them. You are all nuts.

Loveland, OH

#3 Jun 19, 2012
What a joke, people who don't know the facts should not open their mouths. Never once did I ever see a horse fed to those animals. As for wild animals, bullsh.t. scared, lost and confused yes, completely wild NOWAY. Hand raised, bottle fed and played with yes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Muskingum County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Crime Stoppers, local officials tackling prosti... (Sep '12) Jan '16 Pan 4
News Krouskoupf Sentenced to 7 Years in Prison (Jul '15) Jul '15 Hopeful 1
News Police seize $326 million in pot since 2008, bu... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Cavalier330 3
News Authorities Seek Chillicothe Man (Oct '14) Oct '14 Not 86
News Annual Auction for The Animal Shelter (Oct '14) Oct '14 Anonymous 1
News White and black divide (May '14) Jul '14 seriously 11
News Velvet Ice Cream celebrates 100 years as a fami... (May '14) May '14 They cannot kill ... 1
More from around the web