Innocent Columbus man set free after decade in prison

In prison for more than 10 years for a crime he said he didn’t commit, Lathan Word stepped outside the Muscogee County Jail on Monday a free man. Full Story
Tee

Enterprise, AL

#1 Jun 23, 2011
Lathan has lost alot of things and people in his life that can not b replaced. We (family) are trying to make his welcome home as free as it can be.
Bob Berry

Oklahoma City, OK

#2 Jun 24, 2011
I hope the county of Muscogee has to pay out the azz for such a horrible injustice.
maddee

Phenix City, AL

#4 Jun 24, 2011
Tee wrote:
Lathan has lost alot of things and people in his life that can not b replaced. We (family) are trying to make his welcome home as free as it can be.
I have been working myself to set an innocent man free for more than six years. It is a nightmare noone can truly understand unless they have been there. You are very correct when you say some of the things Lathan has lost can never be replaced. I am thankful he has a loving family to return to. You too all are heroes who are victims of this injustice as well. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you begin this new phase of your lives.
Elijah

Columbus, GA

#5 Jun 25, 2011
So what should the jury of done, discounted the testimony of an eyewitness. Were they supposed to know he was lying?
The only person to blame is the person who lied under oath.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Muscogee County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hallmark ends 8 decades in Columbus, Ga., with ... Thu Will Dockery 3
Accused bank robber turns himself in to Columbu... Jan '15 Cosmic Cauliflower 2
Mudcats make it to Final 4 in team nickname con... Jan '15 Will Dockery 1
Parents of children with autism fight to have 2... Jan '15 Stanley 1
Realtree Camo Vanish Spa Jan '15 Raymond 3
Christmas Day shows of "The Interview" sold out... Dec '14 Columbus Insider 2
Behind the Apple -- Kelsey Nelson Dec '14 Cosmic Cauliflower 1
More from around the web