'Structural defect': Mayor Tomlinson ...

'Structural defect': Mayor Tomlinson offers case for phasing out The Freeze in Columbus

There are 2 comments on the Ledger-Enquirer.com story from Feb 4, 2012, titled 'Structural defect': Mayor Tomlinson offers case for phasing out The Freeze in Columbus. In it, Ledger-Enquirer.com reports that:

Our city has accomplished much and demonstrated its ability to tackle tough issues.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ledger-Enquirer.com.

typhoidkelly

Columbus, GA

#1 Feb 7, 2012
I guess it's time to move to alabama.
Jim

Hogansville, GA

#2 Feb 7, 2012
You won't lose it if you don't move or buy a new home, that's how I understand it. First time homebuyers will be saddled with a bigger tax burden but of they never enjoyed the freeze, they won't know what they missed.
I figure it won't be long until someone screams that it is unfair to minorities, single mothers, etc and of course exceptions will be made for fear of being labeled "racists" and the frivolous threat of a lawsuit from the NAACP.
Got to hand it to you though, Teresa, if you can pull this off without too much turmoil and ruckus , you will have proved your worth as a politician.
I guess the next step would be the gold dome in Atlanta?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Muscogee County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Yorker magazine writer speaks at Carson McC... 14 hr Sledge Hammer 14
News Downtown Columbus building to be torn down to m... 14 hr General Zod 285
News Barbecue restaurant offers free ribs, drink, $2... 15 hr General Zod 3
News City of Columbus tearing down nightclub, paving... 16 hr General Zod 28
News a Not your typical familya : Columbus moma s fa... Apr 22 Kelly 2
News a The Price is Right Live!a is coming to Columbus (Sep '16) Apr 17 General Zod 3
News COOPER: Looking back at the Creek Indian War of... Apr 17 General Zod 31
More from around the web