Muscogee Co. may buy land for a new school

Nov 16, 2010 Full story: WTVM Columbus

Twitter COLUMBUS, GA On the agenda of Muscogee County's School Board Meeting Monday evening is the possibility of purchasing land for a new school.

Full Story
notyou

Fairhope, AL

#1 Nov 17, 2010
Oh great, more traffic problems for roads that can't handle the added traffic. Nice planning city of Columbus. And you wonder why the rest of the country makes fun of you rednecks.
notyou

Fairhope, AL

#2 Nov 17, 2010
Muscogee county school board: Fuel costs are eating away our coffers! Rabble RABBLE! I know, lets build more schools further away from the city! DERP THATS BRILLIANT!

“I see you”

Since: Oct 10

CSU

#3 Nov 17, 2010
All the residential growth in Columbus is in the north so common sense would dictate that's where the schools should be.
Most of the people I know who come here really don't make fun of Columbus, they end up staying here to live.
notyou

Fairhope, AL

#4 Nov 17, 2010
Why not build a new school where Matthew's Elementary sits? Kill two birds with one stone, plus aren't they widening the intersection of Lynch & Macon (Beaver Run)?
notyou

Fairhope, AL

#5 Nov 17, 2010
Plus there's easily enough room right across the street from Mathews to build another school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Muscogee County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hallmark ends 8 decades in Columbus, Ga., with ... Feb 26 Will Dockery 3
Accused bank robber turns himself in to Columbu... Jan '15 Cosmic Cauliflower 2
Mudcats make it to Final 4 in team nickname con... Jan '15 Will Dockery 1
Parents of children with autism fight to have 2... Jan '15 Stanley 1
Realtree Camo Vanish Spa Jan '15 Raymond 3
Christmas Day shows of "The Interview" sold out... Dec '14 Columbus Insider 2
Behind the Apple -- Kelsey Nelson Dec '14 Cosmic Cauliflower 1
More from around the web