Book: Murders Of Muhlenberg County
Vicki

Orlando, FL

#41 Oct 2, 2009
new yorker wrote:
hey mike does your book have anything about the murder in the IGA parking lot back in 1968? where can I buy your book?
is that the one Johnmy Lee i think thats the right firs name was involved in ?
Mike

AOL

#42 Oct 3, 2009
The murder that took place behind the IGA in Greenville was of Freddie Joe Fleming. This murder is still unsolved and remains as much a mystery today as it did when it happened in 1968 and yes it is included in the book. I appreciate your interest, they can be purchased at the Local Geneaology and History Annex adjacent to the public Library in Greenville. If you are unable to get to Greenville I will be happy to ship you a copy. If you choose the shipping send an e-mail to [email protected] And I'll send you the mailing information. Once again thanks!
Mike

AOL

#43 Oct 3, 2009
Hi Vicki, I couldn't find a Johnny Lee but I did find a Johnny that was involved in a murder in 1978. If you still have a copy of the book you might look at that one and see if it is the one you are thinking of.
Vicki

Orlando, FL

#44 Oct 3, 2009
Mike wrote:
Hi Vicki, I couldn't find a Johnny Lee but I did find a Johnny that was involved in a murder in 1978. If you still have a copy of the book you might look at that one and see if it is the one you are thinking of.
I do have a copy of the book, I knew his family and remember hearing stories of how he killed someone behind IGA I was thinking he was in Oklohoma prison system somewhere but not sure of the time frame.
HarleyQuinn22

White Plains, KY

#46 Oct 4, 2009
The book is definitely worth buying if you're interested in reading about the history of murders in Muhlenberg. I never knew that there were so many, I guess I was just innocent to the fact that stuff like that can happen here. Though my great-grandfather always said if you wanted to get away with murder, come to Muhlenberg County. But yes, it is a very interesting book and well worth purchase. I haven't been able to get a copy yet, but I had read my grandmother's.
Mike

AOL

#48 Oct 17, 2009
I would just like to say that the above message is not from me. I would never endorse anything the above site has to offer and would never promote my books there.

Thanks,
Mike Moore
Mike

AOL

#53 Oct 18, 2009
Just curious, Do you go by Nate or Nathan?
Mike

AOL

#54 Oct 19, 2009
During the early 1970's C.B.radios became popular across the country. People started installiny this cheap way of communicating in their homes and cars and would attach catchy names(called Handles)to themslves. Most usually these names would reflect their occupation or hobbies. A carpenter might would have been known as "The Woodbutcher or Clawhammer." A coal miner might have gone by, well, "The Coalminer," you get the idea. Soon there were those who, acting juvenile, started disrupting the air waves by name calling or rude comments while pretending to be someone else. Unlike the C.B. radio the computer has evolved into a much more sophisticated way to communicate. Sadley there are those who have attempted to hyjack the various Topix sites that were created to give us, the common people, a venue to voice or concerns and opinions, by disrupting the conversation with name calling and derogatory comments.

To those who know me, know that I'm not a racist nor would I ever intentionally say or do anything disrespectful or insensitive to anyone suffering a personal loss or tragedy. So to the person pretending to be me, go ahead and have your fun, there is nothing you can say or do to hurt me. No one takes you seriously anyway......Enough said,

Mike Moore
I would say

Owensboro, KY

#55 Oct 19, 2009
I have recently become acquainted with Mike Moore. He is a gentleman and conducts himself as such. His books are part of this counties history. Some of our history is good and some of it is not.
It would have been unfortunate if he had not included the facts.
Mike, did a great job! I would like to thank him for the time he has spent putting these excellent books together. Should Mike write another book, I want to be one of the first to get a copy.
Mike

AOL

#56 Oct 20, 2009
Thank you very much.

Mike
mike moore

Columbus, OH

#59 Oct 25, 2009
mike moore is a child molestor
OH MY

Dunmor, KY

#60 Oct 25, 2009
mike moore wrote:
Which Mike Moore?
Mike

AOL

#61 Oct 25, 2009
mike moore wrote:
I told myself that I would not respond to anymore fradulent post using my name but after viewing the last one I could not help but say that it is so sad that there are a few people that get their amusement by trying to smear someone by posting nonsense like this. Anyone using good sense should know if I thought, did or believed in the things that I suposedly posted, I would have enough sense to use an alias. By continuing to respond to these insane comments I just add fuel to the fire, so with this being said, I will no longer continue to stir the pot.

Mike Moore
Mike Moore

Tampa, FL

#62 Oct 26, 2009
author is a pedofile
mike moore

Berlin, Germany

#64 Oct 31, 2009
is accused of molesting children in over five states
cursed

Owensboro, KY

#65 Feb 17, 2010
nosey wrote:
theres amissing person out there that has more than likely been murdered and will probably end up in that book as a friend iwould like for any one who nknows any thing about ronald duncan jr.to let us knowfamily @ friends it was about 5 years ago.
I am of the younger generation that has perhaps been cursed to know of several murders and "Accidents" and "missing" individuals. Although very interesting to have obtained some of Muhlenberg County's most dilicate information...it is somewhat of a curse because more times than not it is impossible to keep your life and release informaton to the police who may or may not even care. Therefore, I think most who do have the information... will never reveal it because unfortunatly in muhlenberg co. information is not meant to be told. I think this is the case when discussing the man named above. Does people not know? or more likely the ones who do know are too afraid to say.. possibly including the family. So many questions that will never be answered because NO ONE who has authority cares about a missing or dead or "strange" case of a known drug user, dealer, or manufacturer. It doesnt matter who is sheriff of the small town.. so far no interest is shown in the less than perfect of the community.(except making all time high arrests) and lets face it.. in this county you either ARE part of the "darker" side or you know someone or have a family member that is involved in illegal activities. It's extremely sad but very true. I know of both worlds well... will the madness ever end?
Gene Whitaker

United States

#66 May 11, 2010
One murder that did not make it into the book was the murder of Tom Edwards by Rollie Garrett in Hillside.
Gene Whitaker

United States

#67 May 11, 2010
I meant spell his name Riley Garrett....
johnson

Henderson, KY

#68 Sep 28, 2010
i would like to read your book where can i get it, sad to say one of the storys is about my brother
becky

Owensboro, KY

#69 Oct 19, 2010
well my grandfather was in your book and my mother said he was a mean man my garndmother had to hid all the time in the woods so it was a blessing when harvey sims took his life his name was james tinsley.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Muhlenberg County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jl graham Sat me myselk i 1
Lance martin (Apr '13) Nov 28 Justsayin111 5
Who are the hottest guys in town? (Feb '11) Nov 22 Had him 33
Anyone knoe Nov 20 Anyone knoe 3
union coal is back!!!!!!!!!!! (Nov '09) Nov 20 Still looking 14
Mustang Grill Nov 15 curious 1
what is going on with old national bank (Mar '11) Nov 12 The mask 33
More from around the web