Book: Murders Of Muhlenberg County

Posted in the Muhlenberg County Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Mike

AOL

#1 Mar 3, 2008
I realize that the comments posted about the arrests and approching trials in the Corinna Mullen murder are about a year old. I just discovered this forum board and decided to post information about a book that I have written called "The Murders Of Muhlenberg County" This book is a documentaion of murders that have taken place in the county from 1900 to 2000. For more information about the book you can e-mail me @ Mmoore42652@aol.com
fidget

Dickson, TN

#2 Mar 4, 2008
wow. what an interesting topic. what is it, like, ten pages long?
Mike

AOL

#3 Mar 9, 2008
The book is 321 pages long with 43 pics.
Muhlenberg Native

Mayfield, KY

#4 Oct 31, 2008
I have read the book. Having lived here all my life, I found it very interesting. It's a well-written book, Mike. Thanks!
No no no

United States

#5 Nov 5, 2008
I'm sorry but I read the book too. Interesting maybe but full of grammatical and spelling errors. It drove me crazy. Another thing that also bothered me was that some of the stories were not there in their entirety & the people involved were still alive. All of the details should've been researched & told. Just look ahead, at the rate people are going here now, you'll be able to write another in a few more years.
Wondering Mind

United States

#6 Nov 10, 2008
I also read the book and loved it. I was curious though about one story. The Charles Elshide that killed a man in Central City that was listed in the book, was that our former judge or his dad?
cynthia63

Clarksville, TN

#7 Dec 29, 2008
Mike, I was visiting my mother in law a few years back and ran into you at the Library in Greenville while looking for documentation on another group of robbers/murderers from the cave in wall gang. I did purchase your book and unlike No no no from Clifty, Ky. I could not put it down and I guess I have had a bit more education because I had no problem reading it. You mentioned to me that day that you were getting ready to start another book which would fill in all the gaps from the previous book that your Clifty fan mentioned. Have you written it yet, and if so where can I purchase it?
kim

United States

#8 Dec 29, 2008
i've also read the book more than 1 time and i found it to be just as interesting the 2nd time i read it i had no problem understanding it
anonymous

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Jan 29, 2009
Mike wrote:
I realize that the comments posted about the arrests and approching trials in the Corinna Mullen murder are about a year old. I just discovered this forum board and decided to post information about a book that I have written called "The Murders Of Muhlenberg County" This book is a documentaion of murders that have taken place in the county from 1900 to 2000. For more information about the book you can e-mail me @ Mmoore42652@aol.com
i read your book i thauhgt it was interesting i also heard you wrote another one is that true what mike moore are you im from there i no 2 mike moores
Molly Stewart

AOL

#10 Mar 2, 2009
It is a interesting book, I am from Muhlenberg County I've lived here all my life. But I have to say it really hit home when I read about the story of Joey and Amy Vincent because I go to New Cypress Baptist Church and he was my preacher.
Mike

AOL

#11 May 25, 2009
Oh well, you can not please everyone. Thanks for the comments and yes, all of them. In 2005 I released the book "The Hanging Of Harrison Alexander" the book is about the last public execution that took place at Greenville in 1907. I'm currently working on a book about the muders that have taken place in McLean County, it should be completed soon. I have plans to update "Murders Of Muhlenberg County" when I finish the McLean County book. Once again thanks to all. Mike
Mike

AOL

#12 May 25, 2009
Oh yes, I have been asked to write about the Todd County murders. For the reader who wanted to know what Mike Moore I am, I went to school at Drakesboro. I'm 57 years old. I at one time lived in Bremen but now live at South Carrollton. I grew up in Central City and lived there until my earily 20's Thanks! Mike.
Femme N FL

Panama City, FL

#13 May 26, 2009
Mike wrote:
Oh well, you can not please everyone. Thanks for the comments and yes, all of them. In 2005 I released the book "The Hanging Of Harrison Alexander" the book is about the last public execution that took place at Greenville in 1907. I'm currently working on a book about the muders that have taken place in McLean County, it should be completed soon. I have plans to update "Murders Of Muhlenberg County" when I finish the McLean County book. Once again thanks to all. Mike
I was able to skim through the book briefly when my brother from Muhlenberg County came down to visit and brought a copy for another sister. It was interesting. I would have enjoyed a few more details, but I guess one can only print information which is available, so I felt Mike included what he had. Anyway, I'm just glad to see someone in Muhlenberg County actually doing something besides dealing drugs, or mining coal. Good job, Mike.(I'm working on my own book(s) currently, it's just more difficult than it looks, isn't it?)
Mike

AOL

#14 May 26, 2009
Yes it is, information on some stories or subjects are limited, especially the older cases. What I discovered during my research was that in some cases the intial crime might be reported by the local news agencies but never any follow up. Sometmes you could find additional information at the local court houses but most often not. This was more prevalent with black on black crime. Good luck on your books. Most of those that have read my book have enjoyed it with out negative remarks. I also have had the blessings and encouragement from many of the faimly members of those involved. Just to name two, The Mullen family and the Vincents. I also prefer to wrie in layman terms, I find this style is easier and faster to read. Thanks! Mike
Femme N FL

Panama City, FL

#15 May 26, 2009
Mike wrote:
Yes it is, information on some stories or subjects are limited, especially the older cases. What I discovered during my research was that in some cases the intial crime might be reported by the local news agencies but never any follow up. Sometmes you could find additional information at the local court houses but most often not. This was more prevalent with black on black crime. Good luck on your books. Most of those that have read my book have enjoyed it with out negative remarks. I also have had the blessings and encouragement from many of the faimly members of those involved. Just to name two, The Mullen family and the Vincents. I also prefer to write in layman terms, I find this style is easier and faster to read. Thanks! Mike
Thanks for the encouragement, Mike. As a genealogist, I understand how limited documentation can be in some cases, and the time involved in research. BTW, I, too, am a Drakesboro High School alumnus, class of 1978.
god knows all

Benton, KY

#16 May 27, 2009
mike' i to have read your book. an it had a lot of information that i did not know. there were things in there that did catch my attention that i didn't even know about at all an it did get very interesting so no matter what any one says we need soon like you to keep up the books about muhlenberg county deaths or what ever eles it unfolds . my father is was from muhlenberg. youi know when things happen in this town we only get either half the details or we get to go on hear say. so for some one to search out the truth an let the puplic know what really happen .i am sure is a lot of time money an legg work so keep up the good work an give us something eles to read your work is awsome!
Linda

Saint Paul, MN

#17 May 29, 2009
My dad was born and raised in Muhlenberg Co. and he loved your book. It knew every case that was in the book and he felt it covered them all. My dad was 82 when he passed away in 2007 so he was around for most of them and he knew alot of the people. I also have read it and I enjoyed it very much.Good job!!
Mike

AOL

#18 May 29, 2009
Thanks to all for your good words of encouragement and support and yes it does take a lot of leg work along with time and money. It is impossible to research each story to the degree that one would like to give. I am currently working on McLean County amd have plans to revise the Muhlenberg County book. Linda, except my condolences for the loss of your father. Once again, thanks to all! Mike
jim

Springfield, TN

#19 Jul 22, 2009
I received your book a couple of years ago as a gift and enjoyed reading it.
Having been born and raised in Drakesboro I have heard most of the stories several times. It was good to see them all in one collection.
Thanks for the great book and please e-mail me on how to get more copies.
harper@comcast.net
Mike

AOL

#20 Jul 22, 2009
Thanks Jim for the nice words.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Muhlenberg County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Complaint Filed Against Muhlenberg Co. School B... Feb 26 anybody 2
Kenneth E. Copley, 60. Feb 26 lynn 1
Tanya Nicole Feb 26 Anonymous 2
muhlenberg county child support (May '11) Feb 24 justinsdaddy 21
40 warrants issued in Muhlenberg Co. drug bust Feb 20 cat 6
miranda roop Feb 19 NastyPoserTrick 8
Authorities Using More Than Arrests to Battle D... Feb 16 Snoop dog 2
More from around the web