muhlenberg county child support

Posted in the Muhlenberg County Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mom with kids

Eddyville, KY

#1 May 26, 2011
I am a parent of two great boys that I love so much. I am having problems getting child support from the father, so I decided to go through the cs office. Well needless to say he's over 6,000 $ behind. I can't get them to do anything. They keep telling me two weeks, two weeks. If it wasn't for me my kids wouldn't have anything. Does anyone know what I can do to get something done before I go get my own lawyer?
GERALDINE ADLER

White House, TN

#2 May 27, 2011
the best thing you can do is get A LAWYER, OR HE WILL END UP WALKING AWAY .MY DAUGHTER WENT THUR THIS FOR 18 YEARS , AND SHE RAISED HER CHILD ON HER OWN . WITHOUT A LAWYER YOU WILL GET KNOW WHERE AND WHAT TOPS IT ALL THEY STILL GET TO VISIT THATS NOT RIGHT IF A MAN (OR) WOMAN WANT TAKE CARE OF THEIR KIDS THEY DON,T NEED TO SEE THEM . IF THEY DON,T CARE ENOUGH TO MAKE SURE FOOD IS ON THE TABLE ,OR CLOTHED , THE KIDS GETB OLDER AND THEY KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON WHEN THEY HAVE TO DO WITHOUT . A PERSON LOVES THEIR KIDS THEY MAKE SURE THEY ARE TAKEN CARE OF AND ITS ONLY RIGHT THAT BOTH PARENTS DO THIS , I ALWAYS THOUGHT A MOTHER WHO HAS TO WORK , THE KIDS MISS OUT ON TO MUCH . BUT NOW DAYS IT TAKES BOTH TO MAKE IT SO BOTH SHOULD HAVE TO BE THERE FOR THEIR KIDS . WHENN YOU GET DIVORCED YOU DON,T DIVORCE YOUR KIDS YOU LOVE THEM NO MATTER . GET YOU A LAWYER !!!
mom with kids

White Plains, KY

#3 May 27, 2011
GERALDINE ADLER wrote:
the best thing you can do is get A LAWYER, OR HE WILL END UP WALKING AWAY .MY DAUGHTER WENT THUR THIS FOR 18 YEARS , AND SHE RAISED HER CHILD ON HER OWN . WITHOUT A LAWYER YOU WILL GET KNOW WHERE AND WHAT TOPS IT ALL THEY STILL GET TO VISIT THATS NOT RIGHT IF A MAN (OR) WOMAN WANT TAKE CARE OF THEIR KIDS THEY DON,T NEED TO SEE THEM . IF THEY DON,T CARE ENOUGH TO MAKE SURE FOOD IS ON THE TABLE ,OR CLOTHED , THE KIDS GETB OLDER AND THEY KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON WHEN THEY HAVE TO DO WITHOUT . A PERSON LOVES THEIR KIDS THEY MAKE SURE THEY ARE TAKEN CARE OF AND ITS ONLY RIGHT THAT BOTH PARENTS DO THIS , I ALWAYS THOUGHT A MOTHER WHO HAS TO WORK , THE KIDS MISS OUT ON TO MUCH . BUT NOW DAYS IT TAKES BOTH TO MAKE IT SO BOTH SHOULD HAVE TO BE THERE FOR THEIR KIDS . WHENN YOU GET DIVORCED YOU DON,T DIVORCE YOUR KIDS YOU LOVE THEM NO MATTER . GET YOU A LAWYER !!!
I told my husband the other day that we needed to get a lawyer. It's just sad that we got to do this. I even called Frankfort. It just takes so long for them to get back with you. I am with you though man or women should help support the kid(s). What gets me is muhlenberg county says well we can't really do anything( but other counties do why can't muhlenberg) cause if we do he won't be able to work. I was like he don't work now. In the past two years he has worked six months.
mom with kids

Owensboro, KY

#4 Jul 20, 2011
After almost 7 months finally something's getting done.
sunshine central city ky

Chattanooga, TN

#5 Jul 21, 2011
They are truly a bunch of idiots
mom with kids

Owensboro, KY

#6 Jul 21, 2011
sunshine central city ky wrote:
They are truly a bunch of idiots
Yes they are
info

United States

#7 Aug 6, 2011
If anyone is having trouble with muhlenberg county child support write, call, or go see Brent yonts
sugarandspice

Bowling Green, KY

#9 Aug 15, 2011
its ashame that this county lets ppl get away with not taking care of their kids.
h gunn
#11 Jan 25, 2012
Im in the same place these people are my ex dont pay child support and the office will not even call me back. He hasnt sent a penny in over a year. I guess cause he is buddies with the judge thats what helps him!!!!
: p

Herndon, VA

#12 Jan 25, 2012
h gunn wrote:
Im in the same place these people are my ex dont pay child support and the office will not even call me back. He hasnt sent a penny in over a year. I guess cause he is buddies with the judge thats what helps him!!!!
Call Brent
its crazy

Nashville, TN

#13 Jan 30, 2012
i paid my sons mother for 13 years, it was direct deposit straight out of my pay roll, and i didnt have a problem with that,but if i was out of work and got behind even a month or two, you best believe that the sheriffs office was beating on my door with a warrant. i was in court once a month for a year making sure i was staying current with payment... now i have custidy of my son and she was ordered to pay over a year ago and i havent seen that first cent. ive called and complained time and time agian and still nothing is being done... WHERE IS THE JUSTICE IN THAT!!!!!!
amanda martin

Greenville, KY

#14 Feb 26, 2012
Done Good job getting two thousand but now same trouble
number 1

Owensboro, KY

#15 May 22, 2012
Check out the topix:deadbeat dads and start nameing names !
mom with kids

United States

#16 May 23, 2012
Well he went to jail because he was 10,000 behind on child support, got out cause he paid a little. It's been a month and nothing. When will he ever grow up and he take care of his child.
yeah right

Cadiz, KY

#17 May 26, 2012
info wrote:
If anyone is having trouble with muhlenberg county child support write, call, or go see Brent yonts
Brent Yonts dont care about the childern in this county! He had them drop over 10 thousand in back support. Cause the "Dad" never wanted to work. so he said he had troubles with everything and ended up getting SSI. Now he never has to pay a dime. If he has more children he will never have to support them. Thats what Brent Younts does for childsupport.
Aka
#18 Jul 24, 2012
i have 3 kids taking care of them since they been born never got child support hes 28,000 behind and they tell him to get a job well hell he hasnt got a job yet! If i was to get on welfare u bet i would have to do some kind of work to get that. This county dont care unless its coming out of their pocket.
ME

United States

#19 Jul 25, 2012
I don't believe it's all one parents place to support the child, it's both. I don't understand something, why would you have a problem working if you get support from the state? Not mean to sound ugly, but if you don't want to work to help support the kids ten why should he?

I don't understand some that do get a state check off their kid(s). Do they know if they get a job they would have more money coming in every month. I know a girl that's gets a check from the state and where she volunteers for the past couple of years was needing someone. She could've had the job, but didn't want to take it because she gets 100% medical paid for herself, and the money to keep her truck up. I know the father and since he's in bad health and trying to get everything under control he pays just like 20.00 less then the state pays her so she we and got a state check. It's sick, but the state lets her do it.
Aka
#20 Jul 25, 2012
well i work i have a job if i didnt work i couldnt make it raising three kids and its hard plus i dont have a medical card on myself and i have medical problems so having to pay for a visit to the dr. And paying for meds plus blood work all the time and paying rent and buying stuff for all my kids is hard but i will do without before i let my kids do without. I work very hard to make ends meet and dont ask anyony one for help cause i helped make those kids so i will support them without their dad
ME

Owensboro, KY

#21 Jul 25, 2012
Aka wrote:
well i work i have a job if i didnt work i couldnt make it raising three kids and its hard plus i dont have a medical card on myself and i have medical problems so having to pay for a visit to the dr. And paying for meds plus blood work all the time and paying rent and buying stuff for all my kids is hard but i will do without before i let my kids do without. I work very hard to make ends meet and dont ask anyony one for help cause i helped make those kids so i will support them without their dad
sorry I guess it was just a misunderstanding. Keep calling child support. I wish you the best. I know it's hard. I've got kids myself.
frustrated mother

Elk Grove Village, IL

#22 Jul 27, 2012
In my opinion, Kentucky has one of the worst child support courts and enforcement. I live in Indiana and my son's father lives in Muhlenberg County KY and is $35,000 behind in child support and they haven't done a damn thing. They give me the run around, dont send me or my caseworker in Indiana any correspondence of the orders, he has failed to appear on numerous occasions, but still nothing! And he wonders why i am so bitter, just like i said before, my son has saw him once in his lifetime, and he is 11, he is better off not ever seeing him at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Muhlenberg County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BB's Diner (Oct '10) Sun Bitch100 3
Jackie Hafley Aug 26 Foxtrot 1
Wells Family (Nov '13) Aug 19 Jtpy 2
drug court (Oct '09) Aug 18 FYI 33
women beater (Aug '15) Aug 17 JTS 13
Looking for some fun Aug 16 June 5
Muhlenberg County Music Thread (May '13) Aug 7 Musikologist 14
More from around the web