Floods close down Route 46 in Netcong

Floods close down Route 46 in Netcong

There are 46 comments on the The Jersey Journal story from Jul 23, 2012, titled Floods close down Route 46 in Netcong. In it, The Jersey Journal reports that:

NETCONG - Route 46 was closed in both directions near the Route 183 circle Monday afternoon, as floodwaters filled the road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Jersey Journal.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Enough Already

Landing, NJ

#41 Aug 1, 2012
knucky thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
Indian: Very interesting and very contradictory at the same time. I'll stick to you specific post here. Are you proud that Netcong ranks #3 according to the Daily Record in calls per officer? What exactly do the calls relates to. Sex? Drugs? Crime? Do you have that breakdown? And are you saying that property values are going to increase when you have a town that ranks #3 in calls per officer, or that the property values are going to increase because of our superior police department? And let me ask you another thing. Where did i say the police department here was no good? I agreed that the "cost" was excessive. And I said "Mayberry" did it with two officers - sticking on the theme of our town being small.
The post I initially started was about the flooding. The post then was giving the "contractor" a smack in the amount about having to pay the police department for flood control and traffic control as a result of the flooding. Did you get that part or not?
And no I am not a lifer nor do I intend on being one. In fact, if were able to get 3/4 value for what my home is appraised for, I'd probably leave here tomorrow. I just do not care for the people around here, most, not all. There are some good eggs here but more rotten ones; such as yourself. So if you think the police department is going to help me sell my house and get close to the assessed value, please send the caravan today and get it done. Because i do very much care about where i live; if i didn't, I'd probably stay here with the likes of an idiot like you now wouldn't I?
Knucky
While you're waiting to get that 3/4 value so you can get out of Netcong, why don't you release some of that inner tension/frustration and go get laid!!!
Steve Buscemi

Newfoundland, NJ

#42 Aug 1, 2012
This is just way too laughable. Someone with the name "Knucky" who has clearly watched way too many episodes of Boardwalk Empire is writing about all the bribes involving the Netcong Police. Keep watching HBO you idiot.
Love to move you

Blairstown, NJ

#43 Aug 1, 2012
If I could, I would love to help you sell your house and get you to move. We don't need anymore complainers around town. Maybe an old Italian guy will move in to replace your sorry a$s and keep this town in check.
knucky thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
Indian: Very interesting and very contradictory at the same time. I'll stick to you specific post here. Are you proud that Netcong ranks #3 according to the Daily Record in calls per officer? What exactly do the calls relates to. Sex? Drugs? Crime? Do you have that breakdown? And are you saying that property values are going to increase when you have a town that ranks #3 in calls per officer, or that the property values are going to increase because of our superior police department? And let me ask you another thing. Where did i say the police department here was no good? I agreed that the "cost" was excessive. And I said "Mayberry" did it with two officers - sticking on the theme of our town being small.
The post I initially started was about the flooding. The post then was giving the "contractor" a smack in the amount about having to pay the police department for flood control and traffic control as a result of the flooding. Did you get that part or not?
And no I am not a lifer nor do I intend on being one. In fact, if were able to get 3/4 value for what my home is appraised for, I'd probably leave here tomorrow. I just do not care for the people around here, most, not all. There are some good eggs here but more rotten ones; such as yourself. So if you think the police department is going to help me sell my house and get close to the assessed value, please send the caravan today and get it done. Because i do very much care about where i live; if i didn't, I'd probably stay here with the likes of an idiot like you now wouldn't I?
Knucky
indian

Madison, NJ

#44 Aug 2, 2012
Kylos Creed wrote:
<quoted text>
Indian, you speak with fork-ed tongue. I never said NO police department. I said the salaries and ancillary costs are quite a chunk of change for such a small town which does not have any business ratables to offset the cost to the residents. With the $$$ they (the PD) are being paid, they best be there lickie split. The times they are changed and we must be cognizant in ways to save money. Netcong is not a major metropolis; that is why I choose to live in this wonderful town. Netcong can no longer be a slot machine for it's employees. ding, ding, ding.
well last i checked the role of a town council is to provide emergency services for the town first and foremost. the taxes are there for 1. police and dpw and buget for repair,roadwork, ect. if you feel netcong, of morris county, which has one of the smallest police dept. in the state cannot afford what they have what is your idea? taxes cover the LOW cost of our p.d. without any problem. you just dont like the fact money comes out of your pocket. welcome to america pal, its what makes us better then third world countries.
indian

Madison, NJ

#45 Aug 2, 2012
knucky thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
Knucky
lol, i love when i get the high and mighty all pissed off. first,again, i see you have no reading comprehension. the stat is "calls per officer". which means netcong is not the highest in crime, but the police handle more calls per man then every dept. minus morristown and dover. so to answer your question, yes i am proud the police are high in that stat for what the mayor and council pay them (and dont get me started on what they do to the d.p.w. guys. and your original comment was a smack to the contractor as well as the p.d. the only one who needs a smack in his chops is you. and heres a little secret ill let you in on. if you dont care for "most" people because they are right and make sense, your gonna be miserable wherever you park you lazy butt. and finally, yes a police dept does raise the value of any property, or have you never read anything on the real estate market values. towns without p.d. go for up to %20 less. but why should i interrupt your post with silly true facts. good luck on the move, we will miss you tons.
knucky thompson

Landing, NJ

#46 Aug 2, 2012
indian wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, i love when i get the high and mighty all pissed off. first,again, i see you have no reading comprehension. the stat is "calls per officer". which means netcong is not the highest in crime, but the police handle more calls per man then every dept. minus morristown and dover. so to answer your question, yes i am proud the police are high in that stat for what the mayor and council pay them (and dont get me started on what they do to the d.p.w. guys. and your original comment was a smack to the contractor as well as the p.d. the only one who needs a smack in his chops is you. and heres a little secret ill let you in on. if you dont care for "most" people because they are right and make sense, your gonna be miserable wherever you park you lazy butt. and finally, yes a police dept does raise the value of any property, or have you never read anything on the real estate market values. towns without p.d. go for up to %20 less. but why should i interrupt your post with silly true facts. good luck on the move, we will miss you tons.
Indian:

Do you really think I care about any of this? I started the blog to get some humor for the week. Few things; police around here are pretty good. Yes i was smacking the contractor because the flooding and the traffic is ridiculous, and our police guys are benefitting on top of the traffic control with flood patrol as well. I read your sentence incorrectly about the calls per man, but at the end of the day, the home values around here have suffered severely since everyone was reassessed in 2006 and the taxes have gone through the roof. Good or bad police department isnt going to assist in this regard. Economy not helpful but you can thank OBAMA for that one. Not caring for most people has nothing to do with whats right or wrong or what i beelive in; it's simply stating the facts. For everyone good person around here, you have 3 bad ones. There is plenty of "corruption" that goes on around here through the "old boy network"; i've seen it for quite some time so i do know what i am talking about. And keep in mind, corrpution isn't always about money. We'll save the stories on the schools, councils, boards and elected officials for some other time (hint hint).

Glad i was able to get you and many others all charged up over a stupid blog about flooding. It was fun and humorous to say the least.

KNUCKY SIGNING OFF - OVER AND OUT.

toodles :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morris County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Challenger defeats Parsippany Mayor James Barberio Nov '17 tombuckley 1
News Amnesty program after Lakewood fraud arrests - ... Sep '17 observe 7
News Ex-teacher convicted of murdering boyfriend, ar... Sep '17 deequeens93 1
Morris County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Rec... (Sep '16) May '17 Gigi 3
News Immigration and customs agents arrest 22 gang m... (Jun '06) Mar '17 Donna enlish 994
Mayor David Mayer raises highest property taxes (Jan '17) Jan '17 Recall Mayor Davi... 1
News Police: Woman threw heroin into a bush (Dec '14) Jun '15 Catherine Vanderm... 2
More from around the web