Immigration and customs agents arrest...

Immigration and customs agents arrest 22 gang members in Red Ba...

There are 990 comments on the Asbury Park Press Online story from Jun 14, 2006, titled Immigration and customs agents arrest 22 gang members in Red Ba.... In it, Asbury Park Press Online reports that:

RED BANK -- Immigration and customs agents arrested 116 'dangerous and wanted aliens'' in New Jersey, including 22 gang members in Red Bank, as part of a major national operation targeting foreign nationals ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asbury Park Press Online.

First Prev
of 50
Next Last
Carl Aabye

Belgrade, MT

#1 Jun 14, 2006
Oh sweet sun shine,keep on shinning keep on shinning. Illegal immigration is not quite all bad. Now a but, it can be a serous national Security and economic conundrum.With A large prosperous middle class comes military strength. Oh sun shine on and let us see the past present and future. Carl Aabye
Swollen Member

New York, NY

#5 Jun 16, 2006
They (illegal immigrants) are a drin on our country. Seal the border and start the deportation.
UNDERSTOOD

Downingtown, PA

#7 Jun 16, 2006
WELL HOW FUNNY ARE WE. WE COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING ON GODS GREEN EARTH SO WHEN GOD MADE MEN HE MADE A STRONG HELPING HAND. AND ATTACHED TO MOST OF THESE FIST ARE MINORITIES! AND LET ME REMIND YOU THAT YOU PROBABLY WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN BORN IN THE U.S.IF IT WASNT FOR OUR ALL OUR ANCESTORS COMING OF A BOAT!!!!! BY THE WAY I'M 100% AMERICAN AND PROUD. AND MY ANCESTOR WERE TAINO...HOLLA.
Carl Aabye

Belgrade, MT

#8 Jun 17, 2006
We are all God's children but at one time Labor Unions were concerned about how supply and demand affected wages. Congress will get higher compensation while the minimum wage stagnates at historic lows in purchasing ability.Roughly inflation up 6 times since late sixties-min wage a hair over 3-childbirth 10-new car 9- simple tooth extraction way over 10 with now required xray-gasoline 8 times from 30 cents a gallon to a min of 2.60. In fairnes long distant phone calls and air flight are much cheaper adjusted for inflation but ther pensions are flying off too. Carl Aabye google me for the good bad and ugly
Louis Freeman

East Stroudsburg, PA

#9 Jun 18, 2006
Illegal immigrants are a threat to our country, our english speaking culture, communties,schools,medical facilities, all social services and more. When I saw these brazen illegal crimminals marching and burning OUR FLAG on our land, flying that nasty mexican flag over our upside down RED,WHITE and BLUE, making threats to Americans about running gringos out of THEIR LAND, how they preached how whitey was dieing off and have fewer kids. They preached that all hispanics have as many kids as possible to over throw the American people. How they deserve free everything and the disgrace goes on and on. First of all the taxpayers are feeding and supporting the crimminals who jump on the welfare dole immediatly, get free medical treatment while millions of American citizens are going WITHOUT MEDICAL CARE DUE TO NO HEALTH INSURANCE!!! Americans are finacialy ruined by medical debt and many Americans are haveing the doors slammed in their faces when they go for help, while illegals prance into ERs, drug stores and get all the help they want for free. Businesses that hire illegals should be fines $200,000 per offense and be put on a national list of employers who give much needed work that unemployed americans need to these scumbag illegals. They kill, rape, steal,drive around in vehicles that are not licensed, insured or registered. Plus they have no drivers licences and stolen plate on the cars. Theyn run likr the rats they are. 90% are not here to work for a better life, they are here to suck the blood from the American Taxpayer and freeload. Changing our national anthem to spanish was a dishoner and a disgrace to the servicemen and women who are fighting or who have fought and died for our country. English IS the Primary language, learn it, use it or get the hell out of the USA.
Linda Fellner

East Stroudsburg, PA

#10 Jun 18, 2006
I could not agree more.
MarYarena

Linwood, NJ

#11 Jun 18, 2006
It's sad that in a issue of illegal immigration people like you can't give an opinion without letting your obvious hate show for the Mexican people or in general Spanish immigrants, both illegal and legal. The threat of illegal immigration doesn't only exist in the border with Mexico. There is a large group reported in many news articles about the thousands of Irish illegal's residing in Boston and elsewhere. Why aren't these people being called names as invading this country and using our government programs? They too are using fraudulent documentation to get work and live in this country. They too were in those large demonstrations. Media played a large role in the anti immigration focusing only on the Mexican border, exposing how they get into this country etc.... BUT..who is watching Canada. Who is to say that we can't get a group of terrorist coming in a boat from Cuba? The people that blew up the World Trade Center didn't enter through the Mexican border! Yet many individuals want to play dumb and blind with the fact that Canada is a much more dangerous border and must be watched for the illegal traffic coming through there is much more of a danger to us. If there will be a voice calling for control of our border.. lets say BORDERS and not the Mexican border. Put that hate for Mexicans and the Hispanic immigrants to a side because we are not the people that want to blow up our country. Our country because I am Hispanic and arrived legally to this country in 1965 and have never left this country, this is my country as much as any of you pouring your hate towards the Hispanic immigrants. I have family at war in Iraq defending that freedom that you are enjoying, and he is only one of the many many Hispanics fighting and dying for you!! In the demonstrations many used their flag, which they absolutely realized it was the wrong message and it was corrected and then were criticized for flying the American flag. As to burning the flag, last time I witnessed that was in foreign countries as Iraq, Iran and Chile, countries opposing the war. Where did you read or see flag burning by Mexicans or Hispanics.. illegal or legal immigrants?
Where, what news channel or article did you read what you say was being said?
"how they preached how whitey was dieing off and have fewer kids. They preached that all Hispanics have as many kids as possible to over throw the American people."
That to me sounds like your personal feeling in an intent to add more hate to those little minds agreeing with your comments. When you speak do so with facts and be truthful.
Because of their status many illegal's don't have the privilege that many Americans have to use all those free services. Their wrong doing is coming into this country illegally to work, and yes they do pay taxes because I've worked in a hotel and I witnessed how many paid taxes and into social security, but because of their fraudulent documents, couldn't claim those taxes we all happily receive at the years end. And social security they could never claim and alot of Americans are enjoying. I wonder what would happen if those extra unclaimable funds stopped going into social security. The truth is they contribute to this country in what ever way they do it and this country is getting something from them. Our economy will suffer a big impact when those extra unclaimable funds stop coming in. I love this country because it is my country and I too would like to see our government secure our borders for our nations safety, not because in my heart there is hate for a particular race coming into this country. Should we take a look into Timothy McVeigh race ,descendents and execute them or send them back to where they came from, because our ancestors were all immigrants to this country...
MarYarena

Linwood, NJ

#12 Jun 18, 2006
Here is an article from someone that replied to an article written by an ignorant reporter.
http://www.latinola.com/story.php...
Responding to Ignorance
Our Contributions are Many
By Joaquin Castor | Web Published 6.9.2006
In response to the article: United States Has a Right (American Pride)
By Jan P. Gomez, PhD. Education | Web Published 5.26.2006 at http://www.latinola.com/story.php...
Juana,
In your article, you stated that, "I cannot find any significant historical information where Mexico has contributed "positively" to better the world."
Here are some Historical contributions from OUR ancestors:
Pre-Columbian Mesoamerican civilizations
Between 1800 and 300 BC, complex cultures began to form. Some matured into advanced Pre-Columbian Mesoamerican civilizations such as the: Olmec, Teotihuacan, Maya, Zapotec, Mixtec, Huaxtec, Purepecha, Toltec, and Mexica (a.k.a.Aztecs). All of them flourished in various stages of development for nearly 4,000 years before first contact with Europeans.
Check this out!!
These indigenous civilizations are credited with many inventions in mathematics, astronomy, medicine, writing, highly accurate calendars, fine arts, intensive agriculture, engineering, building pyramid-temples, an abacus calculation, a complex theology, and the wheel. Without any draft animals, however, the wheel was used only as a toy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico#Prehistor...
In other words...
Educa-TE!
-Joaquin
Joaquin is proud of his Mexican ancestry
MarYarena

Linwood, NJ

#13 Jun 18, 2006
Educa-TE! means.....Educate yourself!
silvergrey92- NJ

Philippines

#15 Jun 19, 2006
Coming to the US., everyone answers to visa questions in ENGLISH! Entering any port of entry into the US, everyone is questioned in ENGLISH! Suddenly the streets become bilingual..WHY??? Everyone should speak ENGLISH or at least learn the language and leave behind their foreign tongue for AMERICA to be what it is..a great nation! It just seems that this country is self-destructing by allowing foreign languages posted everywhere. Freedom of expression has its limitations. How would you feel if your house is swarmed with guests talking differently, abusing your hospitality, behaving like they own your home, without regard of any decency to even try to be POLITE. Do we go further and say: GO ahead, break the doors and windows too..everythings fine!!?
By the way, I am asian. I learned the English language and I speak my native tongue at home.
Its never to late for America to begin RE-EDUCATING the masses!!!!
D-Bol

United States

#16 Jun 19, 2006
Get all of them out of here. Its time to take back the fortress!
MarYarena

Linwood, NJ

#17 Jun 19, 2006
silvergrey92- NJ wrote:
Coming to the US., everyone answers to visa questions in ENGLISH! Entering any port of entry into the US, everyone is questioned in ENGLISH! Suddenly the streets become bilingual..WHY??? Everyone should speak ENGLISH or at least learn the language and leave behind their foreign tongue for AMERICA to be what it is..a great nation! It just seems that this country is self-destructing by allowing foreign languages posted everywhere. Freedom of expression has its limitations. How would you feel if your house is swarmed with guests talking differently, abusing your hospitality, behaving like they own your home, without regard of any decency to even try to be POLITE. Do we go further and say: GO ahead, break the doors and windows too..everythings fine!!?
By the way, I am asian. I learned the English language and I speak my native tongue at home.
Its never to late for America to begin RE-EDUCATING the masses!!!!
In learning the English language I am in absolute agreement with you. I arrived at the age of 5 in 1965 and my sisters,brother and I didn't know a single word in English. We were put in a regular English class and we learned the language quickly, I could not remember not ever speaking English. At home my parents spoke Spanish, and we continued to speak both, making us fluent in both languages and even going on to learn some words in other languages. I have always been in total disagreement in putting children in special classes because they don't know English.. It handicaps them. We must study in English in order to go out into society and be able to work and communicate with others. I however would never discriminate against anyone for lacking the ability to learn the language. And signs in any other foreign language should always be accompanied by a English translation. Many post in their native languages and usually it's grocery stores which sell a product that would normally be purchased by the natives of that language.. YES...YES.... This is AMERICA!! We are a people that are supposed to be compassionate with others. We Americans go all over the world as tourist and in most of those vacation islands they have signs posted in English and natives that do speak and understand English perfectly well to tend to the American tourist arriving on their island. Hitler went down trying to make all his people the same.. America is great and powerful because of it's diversity.
MarYarena

Linwood, NJ

#18 Jun 19, 2006
D-Bol wrote:
Get all of them out of here. Its time to take back the fortress!
Unless you are Native American, I am wondering what country your ancestors arrived from because that will be where you will be sent to!
D-Bol

United States

#19 Jun 20, 2006
MarYarena wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you are Native American, I am wondering what country your ancestors arrived from because that will be where you will be sent to!
I am native american dumbass! Thats why I said that.
Andrea

Mullica Hill, NJ

#20 Jun 20, 2006
you may be native American, but that doesn't give you any class and you are rude.
Mary

United States

#21 Jun 20, 2006
Andrea,

You are worthless to this forum. Shut your damn mouth and take your wetbacks with you.
silvergrey92- NJ

Philippines

#22 Jun 20, 2006
Please, please!! Let's all be nice and chat constructively!!It's time well spent to log on and spent some time with you. I should add and say that English, being the common denomination language in America, it should be the more dominant language visually everywhere, and any foreign characters if need be, should be in the underscript. Excuse me but I get visually impaired seeing Arabic,korean,Thai,Japanese and Chinese characters all together; especially in 1 street. I wish I knew them all. Try going down New York, or L.A.
MarYarena

Linwood, NJ

#23 Jun 20, 2006
D-Bol wrote:
<quoted text>
I am native american dumbass! Thats why I said that.
Grow up and behave like a civilized person on a discussion forum!! I don't think that by giving an opinion and thought is a reason for you to call me or anyone names. Thank you for acknowledging that you are Native American. I guess it is not the Mexicans or Hispanics trying to take anything back!!! Go ahead with your hate for others because in life what you give to others is exactly what in the end you will get back!!
MarYarena

Linwood, NJ

#24 Jun 20, 2006
silvergrey92- NJ wrote:
Please, please!! Let's all be nice and chat constructively!!It's time well spent to log on and spent some time with you. I should add and say that English, being the common denomination language in America, it should be the more dominant language visually everywhere, and any foreign characters if need be, should be in the underscript. Excuse me but I get visually impaired seeing Arabic,korean,Thai,Japanese and Chinese characters all together; especially in 1 street. I wish I knew them all. Try going down New York, or L.A.
Again, I am totally in agreement with you. That is why I wrote that all foreign signs should be accompanied by an English translation, preferably on top as we would always put our American flag above any other country. I was raised in New York City and know exactly what you are referring to. I myself always thought it in poor taste to arrive from another country and try to make a territory that resembles ones land of origin. Like China Town in New York or Little Havana in Miami, most Dominicans reside in Amsterdam Ave, NY... We must learn to live as one people and although diversity is our power as a country, we all must stand together as Americans against other countries including our own country of birth if need to.

It's nice to be able to chat on a forum with people like you that will have a discussion without disrespecting the others.. Thanks!!:)
DUTCHMASTER

Izmir, Turkey

#25 Jun 21, 2006
Louis Freeman wrote:
Illegal immigrants are a threat to our country, our english speaking culture, communties,schools,medical facilities, all social services and more. When I saw these brazen illegal crimminals marching and burning OUR FLAG on our land, flying that nasty mexican flag over our upside down RED,WHITE and BLUE, making threats to Americans about running gringos out of THEIR LAND, how they preached how whitey was dieing off and have fewer kids. They preached that all hispanics have as many kids as possible to over throw the American people. How they deserve free everything and the disgrace goes on and on. First of all the taxpayers are feeding and supporting the crimminals who jump on the welfare dole immediatly, get free medical treatment while millions of American citizens are going WITHOUT MEDICAL CARE DUE TO NO HEALTH INSURANCE!!! Americans are finacialy ruined by medical debt and many Americans are haveing the doors slammed in their faces when they go for help, while illegals prance into ERs, drug stores and get all the help they want for free. Businesses that hire illegals should be fines $200,000 per offense and be put on a national list of employers who give much needed work that unemployed americans need to these scumbag illegals. They kill, rape, steal,drive around in vehicles that are not licensed, insured or registered. Plus they have no drivers licences and stolen plate on the cars. Theyn run likr the rats they are. 90% are not here to work for a better life, they are here to suck the blood from the American Taxpayer and freeload. Changing our national anthem to spanish was a dishoner and a disgrace to the servicemen and women who are fighting or who have fought and died for our country. English IS the Primary language, learn it, use it or get the hell out of the USA.
I just wanna know. Do you think Spanish revolution in USA is coming??

I think so. because I used to live in NEW YORK (7years) I realized that Spanish people dont wanna speak or learn English. Melting Pot does not work for Spanish Community... I learned English very well when i was there. I respect American Culture. I made a lots of money.. I paid my taxes too.. I dont know what u gonna do with Spanish illegals?? GOOD LUCK

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 50
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morris County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: Woman threw heroin into a bush (Dec '14) Jun '15 Catherine Vanderm... 2
Warrant out of Sussex leads to arrest Apr '15 Rachel-Sam 1
News PNC Bank Robbed in Oak Ridge, Cops Say Mar '15 foodforthought 4
News Mezuzah Campaign: Protect your Home and Your Ho... (Aug '14) Jan '15 DavidNJCPA 2
News Mendham Twp. police charge 8 after uncovering d... (Jun '11) Apr '14 weedman 3
News Morris Teen Who Sued Her Parents Picks a College (Apr '14) Apr '14 kevin from michigan 1
News Man Shot Dead in Flanders Home, Authorities Say (Mar '14) Mar '14 Identified 1
More from around the web