Former Netcong crossing guard pleads ...

Former Netcong crossing guard pleads guilty to sex abuse, lewdness

There are 44 comments on the Daily Record story from Jun 8, 2010, titled Former Netcong crossing guard pleads guilty to sex abuse, lewdness. In it, Daily Record reports that:

A 74-year-old Netcong resident pleaded guilty today to sexually abusing a 5-year-old girl in 1998 and to exposing his genitals years later to four children.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Record.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
MOVE ON

New Brunswick, NJ

#1 Jun 8, 2010
finally he tells the truth. hopefully the town folks can move on now.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#2 Jun 8, 2010
Hopefully Johnny the Molester can move on...To Avenel.
Not Right

Highland Park, NJ

#3 Jun 8, 2010
He had 2 years of freedom then pleads guilty and he may ONLY get 17 years! His lawyer has the audaciity to ask for 10 years and either way he could be free AGAIN in 8-9 years! PLUS he is STILL walking around free until ay least July 23! This guy now has nothing to lose, will he molest ANOTHER child or maybe kill himself before paying for his crime. It's just not right, no justice if he has even one more minute of freedom or chance of parole! What is he doing tonight?
Get over it

Parlin, NJ

#4 Jun 9, 2010
Just get over it once and for all. It happened, it's done, and the man will pay for the crime. This is the justice process in the United States. If you don't like it, get out. It takes time. That's just the way it is. Maybe the parents shouldn't have left their kids in the hands of a man because they had better things to do! If you are that worried about what he is doing tonight, then watch your kids like these people should have in the first place! By the way, the parents of the girl let her back into his care AFTER she said something to them long ago. Who is the dumb ass in this picture?
wow

Huntington Station, NY

#5 Jun 9, 2010
Get over it wrote:
Just get over it once and for all. It happened, it's done, and the man will pay for the crime. This is the justice process in the United States. If you don't like it, get out. It takes time. That's just the way it is. Maybe the parents shouldn't have left their kids in the hands of a man because they had better things to do! If you are that worried about what he is doing tonight, then watch your kids like these people should have in the first place! By the way, the parents of the girl let her back into his care AFTER she said something to them long ago. Who is the dumb ass in this picture?
I can't believe what I'm reading. I know that your the same person that wrote on the other post. How can you blame the parents? How would you know about the parents unless you know the victim. If you do, that doesn't change the fact that he touched a little girl. What about the other young girls? Are you going to blame them also? This situation is so sad, he has ruined that lives of so many. Did he give you a magic rock full of bull? I don't have an ounce of sympathy for this man. But my heart bleeds for his wife and family. We don't know why his wife is standing by him nor is it our business. His family has to be destroyed. I can only hope that his family and all the victims can get over this horrible crime.

Location hidden

#6 Jun 10, 2010
This keeps getting better and better. Let's blame the parents. Let's feel sorry for the family. Let's do anything at all to not focus our attention on Johnny the child molester. The man is a monster who took advantage of children to appease his own sick desires. I sincerely hope Johnny dies in prison and that there is a special place reserved for him in Hell.
Unbelievable

Parlin, NJ

#7 Jun 10, 2010
wow wrote:
<quoted text> I can't believe what I'm reading. I know that your the same person that wrote on the other post. How can you blame the parents? How would you know about the parents unless you know the victim. If you do, that doesn't change the fact that he touched a little girl. What about the other young girls? Are you going to blame them also? This situation is so sad, he has ruined that lives of so many. Did he give you a magic rock full of bull? I don't have an ounce of sympathy for this man. But my heart bleeds for his wife and family. We don't know why his wife is standing by him nor is it our business. His family has to be destroyed. I can only hope that his family and all the victims can get over this horrible crime.
If you read what I wrote and understood it, I did not blame ONLY the parents. I said he did the crime and now he will do the time. Of course I don't blame the kids! I do know the family very well. I will say that all is not what appears to be to the public. I said I do blame the parents that were not watching their children the way they should have or listened to them when it was told to them. That's just ignorance and bad parenting. Of course I think what the man did was sick and he deserves to be punished, but people on here crucifying the wife and family is uncalled for. What he did has caused the suffering of many, INCLUDING his own family who were innocent in this situation.
Unbelievable

Parlin, NJ

#8 Jun 10, 2010
Pepperoni21 wrote:
This keeps getting better and better. Let's blame the parents. Let's feel sorry for the family. Let's do anything at all to not focus our attention on Johnny the child molester. The man is a monster who took advantage of children to appease his own sick desires. I sincerely hope Johnny dies in prison and that there is a special place reserved for him in Hell.
We don't need to focus our attention on John or any of them. Yes, we should feel sorry for the family. They had NOTHING to do with this and knew NOTHING that was going on while it was happening. You don't know them the way I do. Of course I think he should do time for his sick crime. I am sick of people crucifying his wife and family. You know nothing of that situation and are talking from zero knowledge. Of course I feel bad for the girls, but I don't feel bad for the particular set of parents that allowed her back in the house after being told of what happened! What don't you understand about that? Or are you too focused on people dying and going to hell?

Location hidden

#9 Jun 10, 2010
You don't feel bad for the parents of the victim who will have to live with what this monster did to their child for the rest of their lives, but you feel bad for the family of Johnny the molester. Sorry, but I do not share in your opinion. If a member of my family molested numerous children not only would I not live with them, I would never speak to them again. Period.

Unbelievable

Parlin, NJ

#10 Jun 10, 2010
Pepperoni21 wrote:
You don't feel bad for the parents of the victim who will have to live with what this monster did to their child for the rest of their lives, but you feel bad for the family of Johnny the molester. Sorry, but I do not share in your opinion. If a member of my family molested numerous children not only would I not live with them, I would never speak to them again. Period.
Don't put words in my mouth. I DO feel bad for the parents of the children that took RESPONSIBILITY. You don't know anything about who these parents were. I DO. A few of them just dropped their kids and ran over to the local bar. I am sorry that you wouldn't speak to a member of your family if something like that happened. Let's hope your child doesn't grow up to be a molester. And if you were first approached with it, would you believe your family member or some girl making accusations? You have NO CLUE about what is going on with other family members, so shut your mouth you ignorant fool.
Unbelievable

Parlin, NJ

#11 Jun 10, 2010
wow wrote:
<quoted text> I can't believe what I'm reading. I know that your the same person that wrote on the other post. How can you blame the parents? How would you know about the parents unless you know the victim. If you do, that doesn't change the fact that he touched a little girl. What about the other young girls? Are you going to blame them also? This situation is so sad, he has ruined that lives of so many. Did he give you a magic rock full of bull? I don't have an ounce of sympathy for this man. But my heart bleeds for his wife and family. We don't know why his wife is standing by him nor is it our business. His family has to be destroyed. I can only hope that his family and all the victims can get over this horrible crime.
I don't have an ounce of sympathy for him either, but there were parents that were very irresponsible. I DO feel bad for his family!

Location hidden

#12 Jun 11, 2010
Exactly what do I have no clue about? The fact that parents left their child with someone who is entrusted with the lives of children on a daily basis (Crossing Guard)? The fact that when the truth came out and Johnny admitted that he molested a child his wife stood behind him instead of leaving? The fact that when Johnny plead guilty to molesting numerous children his wife sat in the courtroom for moral support? I do not profess to know (or care) about Johnny Esposito's family, but what I can tell you is that I would not be standing next to an admitted child molestor. Next time you want to feel sorry for Johnny's family for what they have been put through you should remember who it was that caused them to be put in this situation...Johnny the Child Molester.
Unbelievable

Parlin, NJ

#13 Jun 12, 2010
Pepperoni21 wrote:
Exactly what do I have no clue about? The fact that parents left their child with someone who is entrusted with the lives of children on a daily basis (Crossing Guard)? The fact that when the truth came out and Johnny admitted that he molested a child his wife stood behind him instead of leaving? The fact that when Johnny plead guilty to molesting numerous children his wife sat in the courtroom for moral support? I do not profess to know (or care) about Johnny Esposito's family, but what I can tell you is that I would not be standing next to an admitted child molestor. Next time you want to feel sorry for Johnny's family for what they have been put through you should remember who it was that caused them to be put in this situation...Johnny the Child Molester.
Just because someone is physically living in a house with him doesn't mean it is moral support. Just because someone is in a court room with the man doesn't mean it's moral support. You seem to know so much. Do you know for a fact that it's moral support? No, you don't. You don't know the reasons behind any of it. Like I said earlier, what appears to be on the outside is not always the way it is. Just like you appear to be a one-sided, unfeeling, ignorant donkey's ass. Just because you appear to be that way on here doesn't make it true. Although at this point I highly doubt otherwise. You have absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of the reasons behind his family's actions. Judging them on the way things "appear" to be is just plain stupidity. Come back and talk to me when your child or mother or wife or whoever is in a court room or in some kind of trouble. You better not live in the same house as them! You better not be in the court room with them to see what will happen or I will be all over you making assumptions as to how you are "giving moral support". If your child or mother or spouse ever gets in trouble for drinking and driving and causing a fatal accident , you better not be anywhere near them! That is murder and you would be supporting a murderer! Don't judge a book by it's cover. You know nothing of the situation so there is no reason to be all over me because I feel bad for the family. You still have no clue.
Netcong Parent

Morris Plains, NJ

#14 Jun 13, 2010
He is Guilty.
Unbelievable

Parlin, NJ

#15 Jun 13, 2010
Netcong Parent wrote:
He is Guilty.
Really?
Not sure

Huntington Station, NY

#16 Jun 13, 2010
Pepperoni21 wrote:
Yes he is guilty but not his family. You don't have to like his family situation but it's not your business nor the towns. What would you like an older women to do. She doesn't have a job (I think) and this is all she knows. I do not know his family but I do feel for them. THEY DID NOT TOUCH THE CHILDREN. His family is being stoned for something they didn't do. My advise to them is hold your head up high and say to the world "I'm a good person and I didn't do it". Please stop writing about all the non people involved. Also please leave the victims families alone we don't know the poor girl or her parents.
Netcong Parent

Morris Plains, NJ

#17 Jun 13, 2010
Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Oh please the reponses on this site are unbeliveable, I had better complete my sentence, He is Guilty, enough already, he is going to jail THE END.
responding to not sure

United States

#18 Jun 13, 2010
you hit the nail on the head.you are right on...Wonderful words on a tough situation..Finally someone with some brains!!THANKS!!!
Pepperoni21

Linden, NJ

#19 Jun 13, 2010
Unbelievable...You really make me laugh. It is OK for you to call the victim's parents irresponsible for leaving their child with Johnny the Molestor, but you get offended when someone disagrees with the Esposito family for supporting this monster. You are the one who doesn't have a clue. Believe whatever you want, but don't expect me to give the benefit of the doubt to a child molestor in any way, shape or form. I guess your screen name says it all...you really are Unbelievable.
Check In Time

Bergenfield, NJ

#20 Jul 23, 2010
Is today John Esposito's day to go to jail? Does he get the last weekend to go to the St. Cesario Festival?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morris County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Amnesty program after Lakewood fraud arrests - ... Sep '17 observe 7
News Ex-teacher convicted of murdering boyfriend, ar... Sep '17 deequeens93 1
Morris County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Rec... (Sep '16) May '17 Gigi 3
News Immigration and customs agents arrest 22 gang m... (Jun '06) Mar '17 Donna enlish 994
Mayor David Mayer raises highest property taxes (Jan '17) Jan '17 Recall Mayor Davi... 1
News Police: Woman threw heroin into a bush (Dec '14) Jun '15 Catherine Vanderm... 2
Warrant out of Sussex leads to arrest (Apr '15) Apr '15 Rachel-Sam 1
More from around the web