Bamboo Invading my property - How do ...

Bamboo Invading my property - How do you remove bamboo permanently?

Posted in the Morris County Forum

BambooHelp

Mendham, NJ

#1 Aug 8, 2012
Need help with some neighbors bamboo invading my property line. It is going under the fence in my backyard into my bushes and trees. Need a solution to eradicate this bamboo from my yard before it gets to my houses foundation and driveway. I've heard of rhizome barriers before for containing it but it seems like a lot of work to get them into the ground. Any suggestions or services in New Jersey to remove bamboo would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Agnes

Russellville, KY

#2 Oct 29, 2012
I read an article about this issue years ago in Yankee Magazine. There were only two solutions: 1. Pave over it; and 2. Move.

I lived with it on my property for years. I eventually discovered that it likes the boundary between the sunny and shady areas. So giving it more shade or more sun may solve the problem. Other than that, I don't know what will get rid of it. I've seen people cover it up with tarps in the early Spring, but it just grows up under the tarps and pushes them up.

Good luck.

PS. I chose Option 2 and now live in another state!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morris County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Morris County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Rec... (Sep '16) May '17 Gigi 3
News Immigration and customs agents arrest 22 gang m... (Jun '06) Mar '17 Donna enlish 994
Mayor David Mayer raises highest property taxes Jan '17 Recall Mayor Davi... 1
News Police: Woman threw heroin into a bush (Dec '14) Jun '15 Catherine Vanderm... 2
Warrant out of Sussex leads to arrest (Apr '15) Apr '15 Rachel-Sam 1
News PNC Bank Robbed in Oak Ridge, Cops Say (Mar '15) Mar '15 foodforthought 4
News Mezuzah Campaign: Protect your Home and Your Ho... (Aug '14) Jan '15 DavidNJCPA 2
More from around the web