Next Sheriff's Race
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
sunvegas

Whitley City, KY

#81 Jan 23, 2010
You have to be a resident of the county ( you have to have your legal address in Morgan Co, aka whatever it is on your ID, etc) for one year prior to turning in the petition. Which would mean you have to be a resident since april 1 2009. Just curios if you have had your legal morgan co address since april 2009?
ImproveMorganCou nty

Helenwood, TN

#82 Feb 4, 2010
Little Hoot and I go WAY back. We worked together at the Sheriffs Office. If he ever decided to run, in the absence of about only one other candidate that I can think of I would for sure support him. As with all human beings it will be found that he isnt perfect, BUT, hes a pretty good cop. I would like to see him run for sure.
Looking for a change

Wartburg, TN

#83 Feb 9, 2010
I know for sure Glen freytag is goen to run! That is the man for the job! I really feel like he can make a diferance!!!
concerned citizen

Oliver Springs, TN

#84 Feb 14, 2010
Looking for a change wrote:
I know for sure Glen freytag is goen to run! That is the man for the job! I really feel like he can make a diferance!!!
Glen is a good man, and good do alot for this county, but did you know he plans on having Billy Ward as his cheif deputy! That is one man who doesn't need to hold any type of authority.
concerned citizen

Oliver Springs, TN

#85 Feb 14, 2010
Looking for a change wrote:
*could do alot of good for this county is what I was trying to say**
Looking for a change

Wartburg, TN

#86 Feb 15, 2010
concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
*could do alot of good for this county is what I was trying to say**
I ask him if he planned on having Billy as cheif and he said no!! If people feel that way they should let him no I agree Bily Ward has no business holding a title,or even living in this county!!!

“The Blaze is my Hero”

Since: May 07

Mother Russia

#87 Feb 20, 2010
In all due fairness Mr. Freytag is a very good candidate. When it comes to dealing with people I think he is fair. He don't allow other peoples opinions of individuals effect his decisions pertaining to them. He forms his opinions of people based on what he knows and sees. That is a very good quality to have considering the cut throat tendencies of society today and the desire people have to go beating their gums together about each other. Finally a man who does not allow outside opinions influence his own.
dori_in_rockwood

United States

#88 Feb 21, 2010
I have read all the comments on the sheriff and I have to say, Doyle Garrett would have been a good sheriff. He was in the navy coast guard and retired from 30 years as a state trooper. But, what happened at Edna Mae's,(which is named completely wrong because Edna Mae was a beautiful,lovely, gentle woman, and that bar is everything but.) will keep him from running. And I spoke to Keith and he said he has never been on a computer and does not know how to work one. Thats all Wayne Potter needs is more authority, isn't his head swelled up enough? He's obviously lacking something. I would have to say I'm going to go with whoever is the least like big head Wayne potter.
William Bridges

AOL

#89 Feb 21, 2010
I will be going to Morgan Co. to pick up my petition for sheriff in the first week of March. please take a look at my web site and sign my guest book. I am sorry, some of the web site is still under construction. Thanks William. http://morgansheriff.webs.com
concerned citizen

Oneida, TN

#90 Feb 24, 2010
I have been reading these posts, and I do agree with some of them, so let me start with this, you all seem to blame the officers, without thinking that they just follow the rules they have to go by. Not all the officers up here are bad, and need to be replaced, you guys sit back on your computers all day and judge other people. If you have never been in the shoes of an officer, or deputy then how can you judge.
The Sheriff's race, we all know how Morgan County works, and we would all like to see change. The sheriff needs to stand up and support his deputies, and also have the guts to reprimand them if they have done something wrong. We all know that Gibson didn't do that before so why would he do it this time? The judge in this county has alot to do with the crime rate too, he dismisses over half of what comes through there. So when you guys are throwing stones, think about everyone, not just the deputies!
overit

United States

#91 Feb 24, 2010
The only one I have a problem with is Wayne. I would vote for Adam Bunch if he was running, over Wayne Pothead.
William Bridges

AOL

#92 Feb 24, 2010
Yes that is true. I have been a deputy and I have walked in those shoes. If I was to become SHERIFF I would not replace all deputies. However there are some deputies how know right from wrong and those deputies would be dismissed from duty. I have a lot of ideas that could and would change Morgan Co. for the better. To clean up something you must first start with agency, then work out. http://morgansheriff.webs.com
Looking for a change

Wartburg, TN

#93 Feb 27, 2010
Glen freytag is the best choice we have, or will have! I agree not all the officers in our great county are bad, truth be known half are not!! I am not goen to bash anyone I like Lonnie Larue as a man, but not the sheriff! William Angel is one of the nicest people around, Bobby has been a freind of our family for years, there are some good men running for sheriff but lets put in the best man for the job!! I have children and Good Lord awilling Grandchildren! I want them to have the safe place to grow up that I and my fam had!!I love Morgan County and I pray God will put the man in that can make a change
IMO

Wartburg, TN

#94 Jul 25, 2010
Obviousley, you all have not been paying attention. Of all the ones that said they were going to run for Sheriff, most of them did not. Of the ones that are running, "Bill Podewils" is the only true answer to the severe drug problems that are running thru this county.
I have been to several meetings and heard and talked to all the sheriff candidates, and have come to the conclusion that "Bill Podewils" is the one to put in office, because he can and will get the job done.

Vote "Bill Podewils"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgan County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
prostitution in morgan county (Jan '15) Dec 21 You know 8
Morgan County today paper (Oct '15) Dec '16 Woodsy 7
Bridge in Rugby (Feb '16) Nov '16 Cherri 4
News Crime 24 mins ago 8:31 p.m.DA: 2 TBI investigat... (Dec '15) Nov '16 LaShonda 3
News East Tennessee family waits for justice after D... Nov '16 commenters 1
any good men (Jan '09) Oct '16 that guy 54
big mountain drug bust (Jun '16) Oct '16 RedHot 4
More from around the web