Morgan County paster granted change o...

Morgan County paster granted change of venue to Miller County

There are 59 comments on the KRCG-TV Jefferson City story from Mar 24, 2011, titled Morgan County paster granted change of venue to Miller County. In it, KRCG-TV Jefferson City reports that:

The Morgan County pastor charged with child molestation is going back to court in a different county.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KRCG-TV Jefferson City.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
God

Lawson, MO

#41 Aug 13, 2011
Boogity boogity booooo
I Know It Is True

Magazine, AR

#42 Aug 13, 2011
It seems like everytime a good discussion starts it disappears, wouldn't everyone like to know why?
Believer commented on here just a few days ago that she had been a victim to this terrible person.
A few supporters commented and then it was gone!
I think someone on his side has something to do with it, because it is only the more incriminating
commentaries.
Believer, if you are reading this, I want you to know that you are not alone, I was also a victim and it brought me some relief that someonelse was willing to post the truth on here. I had told my story on a commentary that also got deleted and it roused short time support from a few other people also, much like yours did and then it got erased.
I am so tired of people getting on here and saying guilty until proven innocent, with that stance you are calling me a liar, among other worse things that I am not going to write.
So saying that he is innocent means you are calling me guilty, which makes you a hypocrite!
If there are any other victims out there reading
this you are not alone,
I beg you to please speak up!
Do not let these people that don't care about us end up being right just because we did not do all we could do to spread the truth.
Don't let him win! and continue to take advantage of more and more victims.
Only those of us that are victims truly understand eachother, and the pain and sorrow that it brought to our lives and the way it continues to affect our lives.Somebody that has not been through it does not understand that your life as you knew it or dreamed it could be died the day he sexually assaulted us. And our lives were forever changed with a negative impact, it is not fair, it is not right, it is not legal, it is not morally or ethically right, it is no different than him committiing murder to each and everyone of the girls to whom he decided to destroy the only difference is we get to live with the pain.
So you people that dare to get on here and take his side without knowing anything except that you like him because he puts on a good show to your face, you are gullable and dangerous!!!

This is a repost since the last one with this comment disappeared.
Poop

Lawson, MO

#43 Aug 13, 2011
Sounds like he just knows where to score easy @ss...
Jody Boy

California, MO

#44 Aug 14, 2011
Innocent until proven Guilty! I guess we will find out when he has his day in court, if it even makes it to court without getting dismissed.
sunny

Dixon, MO

#45 Aug 17, 2011
Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
He preaches at the Stover First Baptist Church. He is from California, MO. The deacons have turned their heads away from the victims. Someone else had mentioned on a previous post, that the deacons hadn't even asked the victims their stories, but simply believed this man. He has had several charges pressed against him before, but strangely enough, all of the girls and families have "backed out" and dropped the charges. If you read into this further on previous posts, and other websites, you can see that there are many victims of this man out there.
Have read, researched, and become knowledgeable all I can stomach.......I BELIEVE TOO!
Truth

Cape Girardeau, MO

#46 Aug 18, 2011
just because people go to church does mean they are a christian. to many folks use the church on sunday for their crutch to say to society that they are great and kind, bullshit i say. the bible does not say you have to go to church to be a christian but most people will say different because they think most of what their neighbors think, and not what is morally right, for the church goers to turn the other cheek and not want to have justice or at least be open to the fact a man has been accused of a crime is definetly turning a blind eye. geezzzzz folks get a grip and quit trying to fit in all the time, and for all of you that go to this church and read this stuff, shame on you as well, your faith should take you alot further than this site if you are truly a christian, and dont bother bashing me cause i dont really care what you think, this is just a mere observation from my standpoint ( i think they call that free speech, not sure anymore)and i am sure you will call it free speech, and i agree until you bring all your i am holier than thou crap into it.
itsme

Dixon, MO

#47 Aug 18, 2011
Jesus said, "I am the way, THE TRUTH, and the the life, no man comes unto the Father but through Me.
I Know It Is True

Magazine, AR

#48 Aug 18, 2011
Look at the Case Net Web site. You will see that he and his legal team do not want his uncharged behavior to be able to be brought up in this case. If the people of the first baptist church would follow this oh what am I saying they wouldn't care about it if everything else does not bother them.
Facts 1: Slept with 17 year old girl in the church!
2: Is going to court for child molestation charges!
3: Has had charges pressed against him in Moniteau, but did not go to trial!( Father inlaw friends with the PA)
4: Was removed from his last church for having sex with a Teenage girl!
5:Should Not Need A Number 5 @#$% people of the church Wake up!
Law

Gower, MO

#49 Aug 19, 2011
Sleeping with a 17 year old isnt against the law...
Redneck

El Dorado, KS

#50 Aug 19, 2011
Law wrote:
Sleeping with a 17 year old isnt against the law...
Finally someone with a Brain! and how many times has someone tried to tell people that? People just go on and on when the man is more than likely innocent.
itsme

Dixon, MO

#51 Aug 19, 2011
First. Just because something is not illegal does not make it morally ethical from a preacher with wife and kids, not to mention the 17 year old was obviously groomed before the age of 17.
Second, the current charge is for a 14 year old.
Anyone with brains doesn't think a preacher should sleep around with a 14 or 17 year old, a married woman, or anyone else . Your right it's not rocket science.
They Are Idiots

Jefferson City, MO

#52 Aug 20, 2011
Redneck,God, and Jody Boy are just local idiots without jobs or lives. They all think it's ok for a married preacher to screw a kid. I hope they don't get called to be on that jury. May the Real God help us all.
Jody Boy

California, MO

#53 Aug 20, 2011
They Are Idiots wrote:
Redneck,God, and Jody Boy are just local idiots without jobs or lives. They all think it's ok for a married preacher to screw a kid. I hope they don't get called to be on that jury. May the Real God help us all.
I didn't say it alright to screw a "Kid" however 17 years old is "Legal" whether you or any one else likes it or not. Besides it is my understanding that there are several Married Women involved, and several other women of legal age involved. He must be one hell of a ladies man or there are alot of Dumb Women on Earth, which one is it? Some one has said they were "Groomed" What the hell does that mean, They were asked?
sunny

Dixon, MO

#54 Aug 20, 2011
Unless you know the guy, you wouldn't see it. If you have spent anytime with him at all you would understand. He is slick, tells you what you want to hear, he's VERY FLIRTY AND TOUCHY WITH GIRLS AND WOMEN, YOUNG, MARRIED, HE DOESN'T CARE. You are right about the legal age, but that doesn't make it appropriate. You are right about multiple married women. I am SURE there has been several underage or near underage girls. Remember this guy is 40 something and married with kids and a preacher on top of that. He uses his stature of a preacher to "comfort, coddle, and make these women feel good about themselves, a hug here, a hug there, a touch here, a touch there. He makes it feel good and before you know it things are out of control. He uses his power to make someone think he can fix them or love them, maybe in a way they are lacking, they confide in him because he seems to understand, but instead uses his knowledge to "touch" their weakest point, he get's close to them, to their family, so close that who could sue him or go after him, or even tell anyone, afterall, he's part of the family (or so they thought), he minipulates the situation, to keep it going for his own gratification but also roots in deep so if ever found out there are no consequences. To groom someone, baiting them, gaining their confidence, touching them-making it feel good, deceive them emotionally to be able to physically touch them some just enough for them not to scream rape is emotional and physical abuse, abusing one's rights and personal space for his own gain with no respect to friends, family or God. To do this before 17 is child molestation and abuse, lewd conduct and disgraceful. Oh it can still be done after someone turns 17, even to finally pounce on them and "seal the deal" not once but many many times, you call it legal........I call it disgraceful molestation of the itimidated. So you don't agree, see how you feel when it's your own kid or granddaughter. PS...know your friends or don't have any.
Redneck

El Dorado, KS

#55 Aug 20, 2011
They Are Idiots wrote:
What's this about the Redneck? are you talking about me? are you talking to me? Why the hell do you assume I believe it to be O.K. to screw Kids? It would appear to me that the women involved were of legal age, and I don't hear any claims that they were Raped by forcible means, which must mean they "Consented" As far as being a Local Idiot, Yes I am Local but I am not any more of an idiot then you are. As far as a Profession, I am a Professional Welfare Check Grabber, and have been most of my life. You're the one that needs to get a life.
Babyfarts McGeezak

Gower, MO

#56 Aug 20, 2011
So these women slept with a married man knowingly... Why not get on your high moral horse about that. Slick or not. Girls do what they want to do. And they knew he was married. Not saying it's "morally" right. But legally he can plow all the skanks he wants. Sorry he hit it and quit it "it's me". You screwed a married man
sunny

Dixon, MO

#57 Aug 21, 2011
Babyfarts, I agree that these adult women also did not do what was morally ethical. I am by no means putting myself on a moral pedastal. I too have committed my own wrongs which I have dealt with, with my maker. I believe these, both smith and the women also have to privately deal with their maker. However, when it involves young teenage girls that are impressionable it is abuse. They were brainwashed and led to believe that it was okay by someone that should have taken the high road. It is a totally different circumstance for adult women than young teenage girls. Even if the girl was just barely 17, the brainwashing and manipulation took place before the age of 17. Manipulation involves convincing, brainwashing and cohersing a person to do something they wouldn't otherwise do. In this case, I do not believe the young girls (including the 17 year old) knew what they were doing. My opinion. yours is obviously different. Just for the record, I have NEVER slept or monkey'd around with Smith. You got the wrong person.
Jody Boy

California, MO

#58 Aug 22, 2011
I think the young girls (including the seventeen year old) knew exactly what they were doing, you need to quit being naive about this. In this day and age young people know more than you think, and have experienced more than you think. I bet he hasn't found a Virgin yet.
Jody Boy

California, MO

#61 Aug 24, 2011
Hello wrote:
To blame the girls only tells everyone that you must be guilty of some of the same wrong doing as smith!
Just because the 17 year old girl story is legal it is so wrong in so many ways. And that is just what he confessed to. If you were following the facts you would know that there were reports filed against him in other counties one for rape to a 15 year old girl and others for child molestation for girls under 17.
And no telling how many more that have not reported because they are afraid and ashamed to because of people like you (Jody Boy)!
It is upsetting to see so many ungodly people take the time out to get on here and defend the sicko.
To defend him is to join him!!! YOU PERVERT!!
Nope not guilty of the same wrong doing as Smith, not the ladies man that he is. If the young ladies are under the age of 17 than they need to report the matter to the cops. If they are 17 and older and they consented I don't want to hear about it, they made their own decision, and if it is the wrong decision than they have to live and deal with that. You need to be careful who you refer to as Un-Godly as I believe that the good book sez Judge no man lest ye be judged. Oh by the way I am a sinner, but I'm not a Pervert.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgan County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Three Stover Men Arrested After Police Break Up... (Jan '16) Mar '17 Gary 46
News Versailles man embezzles $1 million (Feb '10) Aug '16 Final Option 9
political corruption (Aug '10) Mar '16 cht 5
Det. Todd Wright demoted? (Jan '10) Mar '16 cht 7
Deputy Affairs (Apr '13) Mar '16 cht 2
News Versailles man accused of stealing more than $1... (Feb '10) Apr '14 HMM 56
News Ex-con from Ivy Bend area is charged with two m... (Dec '12) Jan '14 ivy bend resident 32
More from around the web