Morgan County paster granted change of venue to Miller County

Mar 24, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KRCG-TV Jefferson City

The Morgan County pastor charged with child molestation is going back to court in a different county.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of59
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Believer

Bunceton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

Well, at least this one has not gotten "dropped" yet and is continuing to move forward. This guy is a sick predator who needs to be taken off of his stand. He is using his power to damage the lives of these young girls. He is obviously not going to stop on his own, I sure hope the courts can do something about it.
hmm

Crocker, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

What happened in court?
Wish I had an answer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2011

Does this mean there was merit to the case so they continued it with a change of venue? I sure wish they would tell us what happened in the common man (woman) language.
itsme

Springfield, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

Judged:

Hard to say, but it seem as though they would go through with the cost of a change of venue if they didn't think there was enough to move on. Hope he has to be a registered sex offender. Then they can have a registered sex offender preaching at their church!
big dog

Rincon, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

Judged:

itsme wrote:
Hard to say, but it seem as though they would go through with the cost of a change of venue if they didn't think there was enough to move on. Hope he has to be a registered sex offender. Then they can have a registered sex offender preaching at their church!
What church does he preach at? and why are the people still letting him preach if he done theses terrible things..this dont sound right..He shouldn"t be able to stand befor the Lord and preach Gods words..I dont know this (man) but dont want to attend a church hes preaching at with this charge hanging over him..
Believer

Bunceton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

Judged:

What happened to the other post!? Did it get deleted... again?? How rediculous. I am not afraid to continue to speak up over and over again. Travis Smith is a child predator!!! He goes after High School age girls, rips apart their lives and who they are and doesn't give a rats butt. He is a smooth talker and very sly. There is no way he should be preaching at the Stover First Baptist Church in Stover. I pray that God will quickly allow some things to happen here on earth to get him out of his position of authority. I sure wish more victims would have come forward in light of all of this. Of course, if he didn't pay them off and threaten them, perhaps they would. He doesn't care about any of those girls, no matter what he said to them. He uses them to satisfy his own needs. I don't understand his wife's presence in all of this; she KNOWS the truth. This is NOT her first round of all of this. I pray she will see the light and find her way out of this situation. I sure wish he would quit jacking around with the justice system, and just ADMIT HIS GUILT!! This whole change of venue is just another ploy of his. He already got a change of judge, why wouldn't they have just done the venue to at the same time? I will tell you why, to drag this out longer! He is a monster and needs to get help. I am glad he is no longer practicing his "religion" in our town, but continue to lift up the community of Stover in my prayers.
Believer

Bunceton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

Judged:

big dog wrote:
<quoted text>
What church does he preach at? and why are the people still letting him preach if he done theses terrible things..this dont sound right..He shouldn"t be able to stand befor the Lord and preach Gods words..I dont know this (man) but dont want to attend a church hes preaching at with this charge hanging over him..
He preaches at the Stover First Baptist Church. He is from California, MO. The deacons have turned their heads away from the victims. Someone else had mentioned on a previous post, that the deacons hadn't even asked the victims their stories, but simply believed this man. He has had several charges pressed against him before, but strangely enough, all of the girls and families have "backed out" and dropped the charges. If you read into this further on previous posts, and other websites, you can see that there are many victims of this man out there.
whatdoyouthink

Magazine, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2011

Judged:

I can't believe the post got deleted again!
This is really bothering somebody.
I hope everyone continues to comment.
itsme

Springfield, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2011

Guilty. Heard he's moving to Stover, will pray for them.
Wish I had an answer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Why would he move to Stover. He would be facing some of the people of Stover that see him as he really is, on a regular basis. He can hide out in California now and pretend this nightmare doesn't exist. He ought to take a lesson from Jonah. You can run but you can not hide. God knows exactly where he is and what he has done or not done. He also knows what Travis is planning in his heart. That should keep him up nights if he has a conscious.

I don't know why things keep getting deleted, maybe it some of the foul language.
Believer

Bunceton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2011

Judged:

Believe me, he isn't hiding out from anybody in California. We have all known about all of this for years, unfortunantly, until he gets charged with something, it seems as thought people are turning a blind eye. Just as much as this topic seems to be the talk of the town in Stover, it is in California. Many of the California residents are aware of this turmoil going on in Stover, as we've gone through it several times over here as well. I think the only reason he went to Stover, is because he thought he could run away and have a new start. That, and a new slate of girls to go after. Word had spread quite a bit here about him and young girls before he disappeared to Stover. Travis is a man of power, he likes to have everyone eating out of the palms of his hands. The more charges that get brought up and victims that come forward, he gets power and a sense of accomplishment from them being dropped and people not believing these girls.
Wish I had an answer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2011

Judged:

True, but I wish they would start reporting that the case dropped in Versailles was dropped because the actual consummation took place 2 weeks after the girls 17th birthday. It wasn't dropped because nothing happened, unfortunately the charge was rape. They could have got him for molestation,cause he was grooming her a long time before she was 17, so she would be emotionally ready for HIS big plan. She was vulnerable and he was on the prowl seeking who he could devour!!!
itsme

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Judged:

Believer, what you say is so right. He is power hungry, and he gets his kicks by beating the system and belittling women. I had heard he said that women were inferior and that in his eye men should be the cave man style dictator of his women. Perhaps his wife is co-dependent on these relationships maybe even involved, otherwise why would she put up with it, So many victims and all.
RUSERIOUS

Crocker, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

According to rumor: one thread was removed because of threats made to someone who was brave enough to speak out against this monster and use her real name. She requested it be taken down, for her safety and peace of mind. As for the others... who knows why they disappeared. But like I said... that's a rumor.
Believer

Bunceton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2011

Judged:

RUSERIOUS wrote:
According to rumor: one thread was removed because of threats made to someone who was brave enough to speak out against this monster and use her real name. She requested it be taken down, for her safety and peace of mind. As for the others... who knows why they disappeared. But like I said... that's a rumor.
That post in question I could see why they asked it to be removed. But, it still leaves it unanswered as to why they rest of been getting taken down as well. Travis Smith does not want the truth out there, and I could see him being behind all of this too. He has somehow managed to do a great job at covering up his tracks and the truth. The longer people allow him to continue living life just as he has been, the more victims there will be. He is not able to be around women, especially younger ones, and control himself. From my own personal knowledge of Travis, I am certain that plenty of these people that are continuing to follow him- know the truth. Certainly, he can be sneaky, but as any child predator will do, he will not be thinking with logic and instead be thinking with his manhood and makes mistakes and slip ups. I am sure there have been plenty of instances where the community has witnessed something that may appear very innocent, until the truth comes out. All of a sudden, they recognize the signs. However, people seem to think their dignity is more important than these victims, and continue to walk around following this man, knowing the truth about him. Instead of admiting they have been fooled, they let the victims fall. I only wish the best for all of these girls. I have seen this man tear down some very pretty, smart girls with a big future ahead of them. He may not be meaning to do just that, but unfortunantly thats what happens. I can say from experience here in California to the community of Stover- reach out to those victims. Especially anybody who is on the fence about believing or not, I am sure there are plenty of names swirling around the town through gossip. Reach out to the victims, hear their stories, and let them know you care and you believe them. Right now, Travis Smith is holding all of the power from these girls and their lives. He has the community convinced that these girls are liars. I know that there have been willing women in this, though still morally wrong, but look at these charges that are current. A 14 year old girl is at stake here, if the community turns away from these victims and continues to follow this man, imagine what it will do to the victims this young?
God

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2011

Judged:

What 14 year old sleeps with a grown married man?
Dear God

Jefferson City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2011

Judged:

God wrote:
What 14 year old sleeps with a grown married man?
What married man sleeps with a 14 year old child? A criminal, that's who. Geezz. What a moronic question you posted.
Wish I had an answer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2011

Judged:

What girl allows herself to be taken in by a married man? One that is vulnerable for whatever the reason, low self-esteem, emotional problems, insecurity. His MO is to gain their trust, convince them what they are doing is ok, when they start to object and possibly report what is going on, He convinces them that He is a servant of God and can't be touched. He scares them in to thinking that God won't forgive them if they hurt a preacher or tear up a church. That is a lie! God will forgive their mistakes and will handle the wayward pastor. But he also tells his victims that no one will believe them and they will be the laughing stock of the town. Unfortunately he is telling the truth on that one!! It's obvious, just look at these victims. Well some of us believe the victims. I hope they know they don't stand alone and there are a lot of us that are praying for them and their families and will stand with them when needed!!
Waiting to Move North

Stover, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2011

Judged:

What happened to the other post!? Did it get deleted... again?? How rediculous. I am not afraid to continue to speak up over and over again. Travis Smith is a child predator!!! He goes after High School age girls, rips apart their lives and who they are and doesn't give a rats butt. He is a smooth talker and very sly. There is no way he should be preaching at the Stover First Baptist Church in Stover. I pray that God will quickly allow some things to happen here on earth to get him out of his position of authority. I sure wish more victims would have come forward in light of all of this. Of course, if he didn't pay them off and threaten them, perhaps they would. He doesn't care about any of those girls, no matter what he said to them. He uses them to satisfy his own needs. I don't understand his wife's presence in all of this; she KNOWS the truth. This is NOT her first round of all of this. I pray she will see the light and find her way out of this situation. I sure wish he would quit jacking around with the justice system, and just ADMIT HIS GUILT!! This whole change of venue is just another ploy of his. He already got a change of judge, why wouldn't they have just done the venue to at the same time? I will tell you why, to drag this out longer! He is a monster and needs to get help. I am glad he is no longer practicing his "religion" in our town, but continue to lift up the community of Stover in my prayers.

Amen, couldn't have said it any better.
local idiot

Dixon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2011

Judged:

Nothing will happen until someone sues the church and Travis for criminal negligance. Until that happens, nothing will change.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of59
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Morgan County Discussions

Search the Morgan County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Versailles man accused of stealing more than $1... (Feb '10) Apr '14 HMM 56
Ex-con from Ivy Bend area is charged with two m... (Dec '12) Jan '14 ivy bend resident 32
Starved cattle found on Stover property (Jan '13) Nov '13 Andy 11
Morgan County Woman Facing Multiple Charges (Jul '13) Sep '13 bum 7
Preliminary Hearing Date Set for Stover Pastor (May '13) May '13 Certain 2
Deputy Affairs (Apr '13) Apr '13 Concerned 1
Boil Order Lifted in Barnett (Feb '13) Feb '13 Stover 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••