Stover man badly beaten

Stover man badly beaten

There are 334 comments on the Sedalia Democrat story from Nov 10, 2008, titled Stover man badly beaten. In it, Sedalia Democrat reports that:

A Stover man beaten with an aluminum bat and wooden club in his home was in serious condition Monday at a Columbia hospital.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sedalia Democrat.

First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Since: May 08

Stover,MO

#1 Nov 11, 2008
I am praying for Slim every night for full recovery. I also pray for Scott and Joe to be punished for this crime to the fullest. No sympathy for those two cowards.
stover

Quitman, AR

#2 Nov 12, 2008
cant say what went there so i wont say nothing about them and for slim everybody thanks he is so not in the wrong he is in the wrong to......
sfm

Mount Horeb, WI

#3 Nov 13, 2008
I think we all pray for Slim to make a full and speedy recovery,but to pray that someone is punished when I'm 99% sure that neither of us were present at the time.......... We don't even know what the true crime was so why would you pray for punishment when you dont know the crime? Hear say, isn't isn't real good information!!
for real

Conway, AR

#4 Nov 13, 2008
i doubt sfm is really scott but if you are i would lay low and keep my mouth closed and let my lawyer do the talking. and if you are guilty i hope you get punished to the fullest.
LOL

Quitman, AR

#5 Nov 13, 2008
he still in jail
Wondering

AOL

#6 Nov 13, 2008
I heard Scott got out of jail on Tues or Wed. He may be hiding out but, it came from a pretty good source thet he's out. Maybe hiding in Mexico? HMMMMMM!!
LOL

United States

#7 Nov 14, 2008
no he is still in jail
for real

Quitman, AR

#8 Nov 14, 2008
Here is an idea call the jail and ask they will tell you if he is still there.
sfm

Mount Horeb, WI

#9 Nov 14, 2008
See, that's the problem with what you hear. Most of the time your informent knows about as much as you do..........not a whole lot in this case! Gossup always comes from a good source, get a life!!!!!
LOL

United States

#10 Nov 14, 2008
i know he in jail
Literate

Cape Girardeau, MO

#11 Nov 14, 2008
I have read with interest the comments regarding Marshal, Popejoy and Slim. Please understand when you discuss this issue it is pertinent that you know the correct details. Bear in mind there is the Popejoy family and the Edzard families that does not deserve to be drug through the mud along with the perpetrators. I am sure these two young people will pay for their deed and life will go on for the rest of us. As for Slim, he may recuperate and go forth to enjoy life. We should all pray for his well being.
Mercy

Conway, AR

#12 Nov 15, 2008
Any news on how Slim is doing? Literate I bet you voted for Obama,right? You sure sound smart. Thank God someone like you joined in to set everyone straight. WTF
mtgc

Pleasant Hill, MO

#17 Nov 17, 2008
Under US law an individual is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. We also need to take into consideration that none of us will never really know the truth to what happened on that day. In fact we really do not know all the facts, so how can any one of you sit there and be so judgmental towards two people?? Which you know nothing about, or how can you wish for the two men to be punished without having all the facts in place. Do you always believed what the news have say or what people say? Or is this just your personal opinion? If so, be careful what you say, because it can bite you in the ass. However, my deepest sympathy for Mr. Slim and I hope he will have a full recovery, and to both Scott and Joe my heart is with them, and I don’t always believe everything the news or people have to say….
Curious

Clyde, TX

#18 Nov 18, 2008
Looks like someone would know if Slim has any family people are wanting to know probably the hospital I dont know him at all
CONCERNED

Lewisburg, PA

#19 Nov 20, 2008
Scott and Joe should plead roid rage, hey what have they got to loose? such dumb a--es. They are right where they belong and should stay there a long time.

Since: Nov 08

United States

#21 Nov 20, 2008
CONCERNED wrote:
Scott and Joe should plead roid rage, hey what have they got to loose? such dumb a--es. They are right where they belong and should stay there a long time.
Roid rage come on now are you stupid ok knowing these men they weren't on steroids when this incident happened I know that they worked out every morning weather they were before or not I don't know but they hadn't been for a while before this happened they are not dumb asses ok you apperently don't know the full story so stay out of it. These men do not deserve to be in prison for a long time
Ballons

Alto, NM

#22 Nov 20, 2008
Okay first of all your a dumb f***in bitch. These men alomost beat an old man to death. I don't know if your dumb ass has ever seen Scott Marshall but that motherf***er is huge. Slim is only the size of the cowards pinky finger. But wait it wasn't only Scott Marshall, it was also that stupid ass motherf***er Joe Popejoy. So i know you'll probably have a hard time adding this up by yourself. That's two people against one old man that had no chance from the beginning. Oh and by the way, Joe was just f***ing pissed off, under the influence, and wanting revenge. But it wasn't deserved revenge, the night that Slim hit Joe in face with a board WAS BECAUSE JOE WAS OUT THERE TRYING TO STEAL FROM HIM. An old man with no home and no money, he was stealing from him? what a f***ing cowardly asshole. And what makes you so knowledgeable? Slim Drove his tractor to a neighbor's house. I would think those people would know more than your dumbass. So the next time you want to defend someone make sure you have your facts straight and that you know what your talking about because your making yourself look stupid.
Ballons

Alto, NM

#23 Nov 20, 2008
O i forgot that i was addressing Kati Bug.
Ballons

Alto, NM

#24 Nov 20, 2008
kati bug wrote:
<quoted text>
Roid rage come on now are you stupid ok knowing these men they weren't on steroids when this incident happened I know that they worked out every morning weather they were before or not I don't know but they hadn't been for a while before this happened they are not dumb asses ok you apperently don't know the full story so stay out of it. These men do not deserve to be in prison for a long time
Sorry i just can't belive what your writting. How do you know they are not on roids? Look at those boys there big.
Question

United States

#25 Nov 20, 2008
This one is for Katie-Bug....
What if this had happened to YOUR friend? Would you still be so quick to defend? What if one of the men that did this wasn't your former(?) lover? Would you still be so quick to defend?
Folks that like Slim - and there are MANY - are sticking up for him because they are his friends. You apparently don't like him for some reason. But just because YOU don't like him gives you no reason to call him such dirty names and use such foul language. Take a step back and think about those two questions I asked. Think about them seriously.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgan County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Three Stover Men Arrested After Police Break Up... (Jan '16) Mar '17 Gary 46
News Versailles man embezzles $1 million (Feb '10) Aug '16 Final Option 9
political corruption (Aug '10) Mar '16 cht 5
Det. Todd Wright demoted? (Jan '10) Mar '16 cht 7
Deputy Affairs (Apr '13) Mar '16 cht 2
News Versailles man accused of stealing more than $1... (Feb '10) Apr '14 HMM 56
News Ex-con from Ivy Bend area is charged with two m... (Dec '12) Jan '14 ivy bend resident 32
More from around the web