Stover Teen Charged With Texting

Oct 6, 2009 Full story: KRMS-AM Osage Beach 74

A Stover teen is facing texting and careless and imprudent driving charges related to a fatal accident in Morgan County.A A A A Eighteen year old Eric Wilbanks was charged Monday in Morgan County Circuit Court with careless and imprudent driving and operating a motor vehicle while reading an electronic mobile device while under the age of 21.A A A ...

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
wandering

United States

#63 Jul 7, 2010
What does this have to do with trentons accident? Why judge him on what his mother does? He hadnt been drinking or smoking when this ACCIDENT happened,I sure hope people dont judge your kids on what an idiot their parent is! p.s I am not saying Elizabeth is an idiot because I know she isnt.

Since: Apr 10

Crocker, MO

#64 Jul 7, 2010
sure she is you said it,Im saying he takes after his mother and yes he was smoking.

Since: Apr 10

Crocker, MO

#65 Jul 7, 2010
wandering wrote:
What does this have to do with trentons accident? Why judge him on what his mother does? He hadnt been drinking or smoking when this ACCIDENT happened,I sure hope people dont judge your kids on what an idiot their parent is! p.s I am not saying Elizabeth is an idiot because I know she isnt.
and the name calling dont bug me so, you can just keep the names to yourself ok. besides the word Idiot reminds me of you and the things you say on here. Have a good day
Elizebeth Wilbanks

Columbia, MO

#66 Jul 7, 2010
Wow, will the real "thenightmareofstover " please stand up??! Geez, so now you've gone from condemning my son to judging me? You think you know us pretty well, huh? Well, you basically described half of Morgan County. And heck don't stop with me, cause I shared responsibility raising Trenton with Eric. Why don't you bash him too? Or why not our entire families? Who are you to sit behind your ridiculous little made-up names and spout off what you think about people? Someone pretty spineless and definitely no better than me. But, you can call me an idiot. I'll be the first to say I am one, and have done many, many idiotic things. That's the funny thing about us humans; we make mistakes. In fact you can call me all the names you want because I'm sure you already have and it wouldn't be anything I haven't heard before. I'm 40 years old and really could not care less what people have to say about me. We have heard it all before. But, please for my son's sake, leave him alone. This has been discussed enough.

Since: Apr 10

Crocker, MO

#67 Jul 7, 2010
Elizebeth Wilbanks wrote:
Wow, will the real "thenightmareofstover " please stand up??! Geez, so now you've gone from condemning my son to judging me? You think you know us pretty well, huh? Well, you basically described half of Morgan County. And heck don't stop with me, cause I shared responsibility raising Trenton with Eric. Why don't you bash him too? Or why not our entire families? Who are you to sit behind your ridiculous little made-up names and spout off what you think about people? Someone pretty spineless and definitely no better than me. But, you can call me an idiot. I'll be the first to say I am one, and have done many, many idiotic things. That's the funny thing about us humans; we make mistakes. In fact you can call me all the names you want because I'm sure you already have and it wouldn't be anything I haven't heard before. I'm 40 years old and really could not care less what people have to say about me. We have heard it all before. But, please for my son's sake, leave him alone. This has been discussed enough.
well first of all I was leaving it alone someone else got it going it still pisses me off but I will LIVE thanks you have a good life yeah eric isn't any better either I know. what is it about you? oh well til later bye.
amanda

Crocker, MO

#68 Oct 16, 2010
nightmare running her keyboard in here too
call me wat u want

Crocker, MO

#69 Apr 26, 2011
what we should all do is remind everybody when driveing a leathal weapon should always have the eyes on the road. just thinking good idea.. ps sorry joyce i miss jim
REDNECK

Mission, KS

#70 Apr 26, 2011
Elizebeth Wilbanks wrote:
TEXTING WHILE DRIVING: Any person 21 years of age or younger who operates a moving motor vehicle while sending, reading, or writing a text or electronic message by means of a hand-held electronic wireless communications device will be guilty of an infraction (Section 304.820 RSMo.).
OK, my final attempt to hopefully correct the rumors and end the gossip regarding this incident, because I know the media will not take the time to undo the damage that has been done and tell the story correctly. Until we obtained phone records, my son honestly did not know what had caused his phone to vibrate. All texts sent or received were well before the accidednt. Someone had attempted to call him but the call was never received because the phone broke apart in the collision. To the best of my knowledge and research, that is not a violation of the above-referenced law. And that is why you should not believe everything you read or hear. If you want the truth and it really matters that much to you, go to the source. Otherwise, you really should keep your mouth shut. I have told everyone from the beginning that Trenton had no reason to lie about this; he didn't even know the new law existed and besides, he is not that type of person. And if you would have been there you wouldn't dare speculate that my son had been careless, under the influence or lacking in remorse. I have ridden with him many times. He always wears his seat belt and is one of the most cautious drivers I know. It has been very disheartening that people that had shown concern immediately after the accident, changed their attitudes and judged him when the charges were filed. As I have stated in my other posts, Trenton is doing as well as he can and he is ready to pay his debt to society. If our prosecuting attorney was intending to make an example out of someone regarding the new law, then his job was well done. I hope this ends the discussion on this topic and people will move on to other things to talk about. Thank you.
If your son is innocent as you say how come the Po Po issued him a summons for texting while driving, if he was ignorant of the law as you claim how do you know he wasn't breaking the law? Whatever you're defending him like any parent would do and won't believe he is guilty even when they find him guilty.
unbelievable

Saint Louis, MO

#71 Apr 27, 2011
REDNECK wrote:
<quoted text> If your son is innocent as you say how come the Po Po issued him a summons for texting while driving, if he was ignorant of the law as you claim how do you know he wasn't breaking the law? Whatever you're defending him like any parent would do and won't believe he is guilty even when they find him guilty.
Maybe she is defending him because she is the only one that knows exactly what happend and everyone else is basing their opinion on hearsay and gossip. I truly hope that none of us have to go through something like these two families did. My heart breaks for both of them, no matter what the circumstances were. The Bauer family and the Wilbanks families continue to be in my prayers.
Josie

United States

#72 May 21, 2011
no matter if he is guilty or innocent, its no ones business but the people involved. ive never seen anyone stoop so low as to attack trentons mother or trenton himsef like i have read on here. how disrespectful and ugly people are. no matter what he was doing while he was driving it was an accident. i know trenton well and he is an amazing and talented kid, hes got alot goin for him and he most certainly cares about everyone probably more than any one of u on here...he woud have never done anything on purpose. no matter what the sentence is he has to deal with the worst sentencing ever, having to deal with it the rest of his life. people need to learn the real meaning of respect.
dislike

Springfield, GA

#73 May 21, 2011
deal with it.
amen

United States

#74 Jun 6, 2011
they came to the conclusion based on a cell phone bill it was a phone call not a text and answering a phone call is not illegal. It could happen to anyone and the fact you people wish an 18 year old boy who was a stand up student and attending college would have his life ruined is shameful. If the family of the man thought this he would be sitting in prison. Instead he did 15 days and they told him to do something with his life. And he is. So fuck all of you dicks
Wish I had an answer

United States

#75 Jun 6, 2011
I admire the Bauer family for their attitude. I know the them but not closely. I am not biased. I also admire this young man. BEFORE YOU GO OFF THE DEEP END, read on... I admire him for taking ownership of what he did, He is taking responsibility for his actions. I dare say he will be sharing his experience in many more places than school in the next 70-80 years he lives. That is a long time to live with that on his conscious. We have leaders in Stover,the state Missouri and in even in the United States congress , that by example refuse to admit their mistakes or pay the consequences for the choices they have made that have destroyed lives.(Not to mention a former president) I don't know this young man at all. No bias involved. God bless the Bauers and this young man and give them peace as they face each day!
unbelievable

Saint Louis, MO

#77 Jun 7, 2011
Wish I had an answer wrote:
I admire the Bauer family for their attitude. I know the them but not closely. I am not biased. I also admire this young man. BEFORE YOU GO OFF THE DEEP END, read on... I admire him for taking ownership of what he did, He is taking responsibility for his actions. I dare say he will be sharing his experience in many more places than school in the next 70-80 years he lives. That is a long time to live with that on his conscious. We have leaders in Stover,the state Missouri and in even in the United States congress , that by example refuse to admit their mistakes or pay the consequences for the choices they have made that have destroyed lives.(Not to mention a former president) I don't know this young man at all. No bias involved. God bless the Bauers and this young man and give them peace as they face each day!
Very, very, well said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgan County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Versailles man accused of stealing more than $1... (Feb '10) Apr '14 HMM 56
Ex-con from Ivy Bend area is charged with two m... (Dec '12) Jan '14 ivy bend resident 32
Starved cattle found on Stover property (Jan '13) Nov '13 Andy 11
Morgan County Woman Facing Multiple Charges (Jul '13) Sep '13 bum 7
Preliminary Hearing Date Set for Stover Pastor (May '13) May '13 Certain 2
Deputy Affairs (Apr '13) Apr '13 Concerned 1
Boil Order Lifted in Barnett (Feb '13) Feb '13 Stover 1
More from around the web