Challenge met with one shot

Challenge met with one shot

There are 4 comments on the Lake Sun Leader story from Oct 10, 2007, titled Challenge met with one shot. In it, Lake Sun Leader reports that:

“If you're going to threaten to shoot me, then shoot me.”

Challenge met with one shot Work-related argument over who was lazier turns bloody when one man's provocation is answered with the crack of a rifle By Deanna Wheeler/Lake Sun Published: Tuesday, October 9, 2007 ... via Lake Sun Leader

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lake Sun Leader.

william leach

United States

#1 Nov 12, 2007
you people disgust me you should have the whole story before you print your paper. if you would like the entire story you can contact me via email at hugedork@peoplepc.com
sister

Muncy, PA

#2 Nov 12, 2007
When my brother was murdered in Gravois Mills
in 2005 they had the story so screwed up it was
not even close, I called the papers and told them
where, what, and when and they never really did
get it right. It was big news, but when the murderer plead guilty you had to search for that in the papers!!It's what ever sells papers that's important, not the truth.
Jonah

Stroud, OK

#3 Feb 9, 2008
Irresponsible reporting does more than spread just little more than gossip...it hurts the people who are affected innocently. Often the end story, that most people do not hear until two or three years later (by then its old news so who really gets the TRUTH)sheds a much different light on the story. Many responsible newspapers insist on retrieving information direct in writing from the Prosecuting attorney's office as well as the Sheriffs department. But, unfortunately, you SURE can't count on that being accurate either.
Law enforcement is ALSO BIG MONEY NOW...in the business to save their salaries and make money for the county.
Let's get back to reporting bare, non-debatable facts and LEAVE OUT THE NAME OF ANY ALLEGED CRIMINAL UNTIL THEY EITHER PLEAD GUILTY OR ARE FOUND GUILTY...THIS HABIT OF PUBLICLY TRYING AND CONVICTING BEFORE A TRIAL HAS EVEN BEGUN IS THE SAME AS A MOB LYNCHING...NOTHING FOR THESE PEOPLE CAN BE THE SAME EVEN IF THEY ARE FOUND NOT GUILTY. JUSTICE CANNOT BE "FLIMMED AND FLAMMED" AROUND TO MEET OUR CIRCUMSTANCES. More and more families lives are touched by the tragedy of violence...the victim's and the alleged perpetrator's. We must ask ourselves if we want to continue to honor our constitution that says a person MUST be presumed innocent until proven guilty, or if we do not. IF WE DON'T, WE ARE "CUTTING OFF OUR NOSE TO SPITE OUR FACE."
IF WE BELIEVE IN THIS AGE OLD MORAL AND CONSTITUTIONAL LAW...THEN EVERYTIME A PERSON IS NAMED AND SPREAD THROUGH THE "MUD" BEFORE THEY ARE CONVICTED WE ARE BREAKING THAT CONCEPT...AND ALLOWING THOSE THAT DO THIS TO TAKE AWAY OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS WORTH...THEY WILL CONTINUE TO DESTROY LIVES UNTIL "WE THE PEOPLE" HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE FOR IT.
wendy jones

Little Elm, TX

#4 Apr 4, 2008
hope your doing alright lil bill. u need 2 get ahold of me. ur still more n welcome 2 come kick it with us. we miss u dearly. one love.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgan County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Food Poisoning at Morgan County Jail (Oct '17) Oct '17 Bertha 2
News Three Stover Men Arrested After Police Break Up... (Jan '16) Mar '17 Gary 46
News Versailles man embezzles $1 million (Feb '10) Aug '16 Final Option 9
political corruption (Aug '10) Mar '16 cht 5
Det. Todd Wright demoted? (Jan '10) Mar '16 cht 7
Deputy Affairs (Apr '13) Mar '16 cht 2
News Versailles man accused of stealing more than $1... (Feb '10) Apr '14 HMM 56