Morgan County Sheriff Race Rematch in...

Morgan County Sheriff Race Rematch in November

There are 44 comments on the KRMS-AM Osage Beach story from Aug 6, 2008, titled Morgan County Sheriff Race Rematch in November. In it, KRMS-AM Osage Beach reports that:

Submitted by Michael McSorley on August 6, 2008 - 12:09pm. Lieutenant Chad Hartman of the Versailles Police Department, a Republican, will face Democrat incumbent Sheriff Jim Petty in November's election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KRMS-AM Osage Beach.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
baby tears

Lexington, KY

#41 Oct 20, 2011
George wrote:
<quoted text>
About Sergeant Cody Worthley not caring. That is obvious. What baffles me, what does he care about? Is he a sick twisted minded individual that is using Mexicans to perpetuate conflict with other prisoners? Is he the type of person that loves conflict and the power to create it? I doubt that he really cares about the Mexicans along with the contempt that he has for all prisoners. Can someone be constructive and explain that?
You want some cheese with your wine?
bet me

Iberia, MO

#42 Oct 21, 2011
"george"Seems to me you got a beef with Cody. with all the comments you"ve put on here. Well Mr.Cody could eat you alive. your putting down a person who protects you and me. I stand beside Mr Cody. I would not stand beside a coward like you. the way your crying on here tells me your not a trusted person.. what are you trying to do? get everyone in a up roar? your comments on here is uncalled for. you need to stand-up and go to the person your putting down. STOP IT NOW.... your getting boreing on repeating it over-and over. If your so concerned go to the top man. thats all i have to say..
forthelaw

Fredericksburg, VA

#43 Mar 23, 2012
I will admit I was a "guest of the gray bar hotel" in morgan county for a very short stint, and everything that george is saying is true. Being a female at the time they had no place to hold females because of the housing of illegal imigrants. I was held in a holding cell, which is different than where they are suppose to house criminals...it was a holding cell right next to the desk where everyone gets checked in and out, and you can hear everything that goes on. I heard and saw alot. 1. They did not hire a spanish speaking translator,why? that costs money. Which is a contract violation, 2. another violation of their contract is that they are suppose to build or provide an entire seperate building to house the illegals, a pole barn is sufficient but that did not happen why? costs more money. 3. Another is that they are not to use tax payer dollars to house the illegals in the county jail. But they are, why are they doing it- why should I being a tax payer have to pay for the illegals when the county is awarded the contract that is why the county is paid money is to handle the illegals properly. Who ever really gets to know about this stuff? the people who work there, or have the unfortunate opportunity of staying in a holding cell for months on end without being let out except to take a shower, or have a tv- like the illegals got to do, or the people that work there that know that it is wrong too. As an american cititizen I dont believe that our worries should be over if a prisoner gets to have cable; but as a prisoner (that didnt commit any bad crime), and as an American- I didnt have any luxuries, I was stuck in a 5x9 without ever being able to leave it, literally. That is solitary confinement- and from my view the illegals were getting treated better than someone that was not a violent offender or even a drug offender. But I do agree that Morgan County isnt the worse jail to be in, from what ive heard and from living there for a short stint. I think that whomever becomes sherrif, it has to be a sucky job- And its not solely up to the sherrif as to where the illegals are held, who needs to be questioned are his bosses Being that I was born and raised in that town, and growing up knowing about everyone that works there- I know that a majority of the people that do work there do not agree with some things and how things are operated. But who else knows about these kind of things except for the people that work there? I had no idea or would have even been something I was concerned about when voting, becuase I didnt know, until I experienced it up front and personal.
Richie Rich

Dixon, MO

#44 Mar 23, 2012
forthelaw wrote:
I will admit I was a "guest of the gray bar hotel" in morgan county for a very short stint, and everything that george is saying is true. Being a female at the time they had no place to hold females because of the housing of illegal imigrants. I was held in a holding cell, which is different than where they are suppose to house criminals...it was a holding cell right next to the desk where everyone gets checked in and out, and you can hear everything that goes on. I heard and saw alot. 1. They did not hire a spanish speaking translator,why? that costs money. Which is a contract violation, 2. another violation of their contract is that they are suppose to build or provide an entire seperate building to house the illegals, a pole barn is sufficient but that did not happen why? costs more money. 3. Another is that they are not to use tax payer dollars to house the illegals in the county jail. But they are, why are they doing it- why should I being a tax payer have to pay for the illegals when the county is awarded the contract that is why the county is paid money is to handle the illegals properly. Who ever really gets to know about this stuff? the people who work there, or have the unfortunate opportunity of staying in a holding cell for months on end without being let out except to take a shower, or have a tv- like the illegals got to do, or the people that work there that know that it is wrong too. As an american cititizen I dont believe that our worries should be over if a prisoner gets to have cable; but as a prisoner (that didnt commit any bad crime), and as an American- I didnt have any luxuries, I was stuck in a 5x9 without ever being able to leave it, literally. That is solitary confinement- and from my view the illegals were getting treated better than someone that was not a violent offender or even a drug offender. But I do agree that Morgan County isnt the worse jail to be in, from what ive heard and from living there for a short stint. I think that whomever becomes sherrif, it has to be a sucky job- And its not solely up to the sherrif as to where the illegals are held, who needs to be questioned are his bosses Being that I was born and raised in that town, and growing up knowing about everyone that works there- I know that a majority of the people that do work there do not agree with some things and how things are operated. But who else knows about these kind of things except for the people that work there? I had no idea or would have even been something I was concerned about when voting, becuase I didnt know, until I experienced it up front and personal.
Who wants to listen to a convict?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgan County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Three Stover Men Arrested After Police Break Up... 2 hr Anonymous 33
political corruption (Aug '10) Mar '16 cht 5
Det. Todd Wright demoted? (Jan '10) Mar '16 cht 7
Deputy Affairs (Apr '13) Mar '16 cht 2
News Versailles man accused of stealing more than $1... (Feb '10) Apr '14 HMM 56
News Ex-con from Ivy Bend area is charged with two m... (Dec '12) Jan '14 ivy bend resident 32
News Starved cattle found on Stover property (Jan '13) Nov '13 Andy 11
More from around the web