County voters back change, reject Ugl...

County voters back change, reject Ugly 3 - Fort Morgan Times

There are 8 comments on the Fort Morgan Times story from Nov 3, 2010, titled County voters back change, reject Ugly 3 - Fort Morgan Times. In it, Fort Morgan Times reports that:

While Colorado as a whole elected Democrat John Hickenlooper for its next governor, Morgan County went heavily to former Congressman Tom Tancredo, and gave few votes to Republican Dan Maes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fort Morgan Times.

duhhhh

United States

#1 Nov 4, 2010
Let's hope Becker finishes his elected term this time around.
For Discussion

Omaha, NE

#2 Nov 4, 2010
Duhhhh, lets hope you get a clue some day. You think this seat is maybe the real reason he resigned as commissioner? I guess not many thoughts cross your mind in a day.
duhhhh

United States

#3 Nov 4, 2010
Why couldn't he finish the remaining 2 years of the term while running against himself in the 63rd? I guess he can't do 2 things at once.
Cory didn't quit the 63rd halfway through to run for congress. Hickenlooper was still the Mayor of Denver while he ran for office. Even Obama & McCain were senators while running for President, but I guess being Morgan county commissioner is just too much to handle while running for a State office with no competition.
madmadmad

Denver, CO

#4 Nov 4, 2010
duhhhh wrote:
Why couldn't he finish the remaining 2 years of the term while running against himself in the 63rd? I guess he can't do 2 things at once.
Cory didn't quit the 63rd halfway through to run for congress. Hickenlooper was still the Mayor of Denver while he ran for office. Even Obama & McCain were senators while running for President, but I guess being Morgan county commissioner is just too much to handle while running for a State office with no competition.
I have to disagree with you there. I don't think it was OK for Hickenlooper, Obama or McCain or any of the others who continued to collect a paycheck for a job they were no longer doing. You can't be galavanting around campaigning and still do a good job. They were collecting a paycheck for not showing up for work. That's government work for you isn't it?
Wonderingoutloud

Omaha, NE

#5 Nov 5, 2010
Very good point madmadmad. Duhhh has no idea how it works to get a campaign started. Duhhh must be conflicted between being a union member and a republican. Reading Duhhh's previous rants under a different alias would bear that out.
duhhhh

United States

#6 Nov 5, 2010
Well my bet is that he will quit halfway through this job, like he's done all his life. I don't have enough space here to list all his incomplete jobs he's had over the years. Each having its own excuse for him to leave.
When he gets to the state house and finds out he's just a newbie with no clout, he'll get frustrated and quit.
Wonderingoutloud

Omaha, NE

#7 Nov 5, 2010
Incomplete Jobs or starting businesses and selling them. I guess that's a big difference between someone that accomplishes something and people like Duhhh that just collects a government paycheck.
duhhhh

Wiggins, CO

#8 Nov 5, 2010
Let's just wait until he actually finishes his term before patting him on the back. I don't have to wait, because I know his track record.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgan County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Morgan County Republican Central Committee meeting (Jan '14) Jan '14 Ken Wildenstein 1
News Wiggins may have new administrator (Nov '13) Nov '13 Concerned Citizen 1
News Do you know who your are? Local group can help (Sep '13) Sep '13 Adam Maine 1
News Cargill celebrates 25th anniversary in Fort Morgan (Feb '13) Feb '13 cargill employee 1
News Griffith takes on role of CEO at Eben Ezer - Br... (Apr '12) Apr '12 onlooker 1
News Funds for foster kid independence falling in Co... (Apr '12) Apr '12 John Hayes 1
Is the Community Center open? (Mar '12) Mar '12 Will 1
More from around the web