Historic school battles to survive

Jun 10, 2007 Full story: Argus Leader

“The school helps so many young people”

Warren Ludeman, Flandreau's mayor, is organizing a task force to deal with cuts in funding to Flandreau Indian School and come up with options to keep it operating as it has since the 1800s. via Argus Leader

Full Story
Carol Holtman

Spearfish, SD

#1 Aug 16, 2007
As a recent(RIFed)employee of FIS, I would hope that someone with an educational business background would delve deeply into the financial and managerial operations of the school. In the last two years, there have been RIFs(reduction-in-force)which have cut several vital teaching and support staff while maintaining the "supervisory" staff in full force. The students deserve more efficiently operated educational and social programs. I hope there is something SOMEONE can do to see that they get the opportunity to attend FIS for many years to come.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moody County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former SD Gov. Janklow says he's dying of cancer (Nov '11) Aug '13 rettledel 12
Moody County authorities arrest five illegal im... (Jul '08) Jul '08 Paul the American 2
Former Colman police chief questions di... (Aug '07) Aug '07 Local Government ... 1

Moody County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE