Dalmatian Rescue of SWVA director fac...

Dalmatian Rescue of SWVA director faces animal cruelty charge

There are 2 comments on the WSLS-TV Roanoke story from Jul 16, 2011, titled Dalmatian Rescue of SWVA director faces animal cruelty charge. In it, WSLS-TV Roanoke reports that:

Debi Smith has run a dalmatian rescue in Montgomery County for eleven years. On Friday, a sheriff's deputy showed up at her door.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSLS-TV Roanoke.

a true dog lover

Glasgow, KY

#1 Jul 17, 2011
In my opinion this is a long time coming. I have reported her several times to no avail. Thank you Dr Magyar for standing up for those without a voice!
enbrackman

Culpeper, VA

#2 Sep 3, 2011
I have known Debi Smith for years in conjunction with Dalmatian Rescue. She is a fine person, full of compassion, that has dedicated many years to saving the discards of our breed. In particular, I have worked hand in hand with her over the Dals that NO 0NE would help - no rescue groups, no shelters, etc. I have one of Debi Smith's dogs here - one that we got out of Hell. If I had an emergency situation, Debi Smith would be one of the first people I would call. I truely feel sorry for the one and only post above that again seeks to harm a rescuer. This is not a surprise to me, because it has been my experience that people that are not willing to post their name/identity often try to discredit others.If this person truely believes her allegations are true, then she should have the guts to take the heat or "the glory" for her opinion. Speaking "for standing up for those without a voice", I think the dogs that Debi has gotten adopted into wonderful homes also have a voice. They say BRAVO TO DEBI SMITH!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montgomery County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man who abducted student found guilty (Nov '07) Jun 5 Jsawg5151 3
News Dog owner sues PetSmart after grooming incident (Aug '08) Jun 4 DogsRfamily2 81
Gravely guy Apr '16 lookin 1
News Losing Custody To Abuse Accusations (Apr '07) Aug '15 Secret person 12
News Losing Custody To Abuse Accusations (Feb '07) Aug '14 jwg 17
News Suspect Was Legend In Va. Tech Community (Aug '06) Jun '14 Time 13
News Two Charged After Mobile Meth Lab Found in Mont... (Jan '14) Jan '14 butterfrog 1
More from around the web