Police Seek Missing Teen

Montgomery County Police are looking for a missing teenager. Fourteen year old Lionel Youkam called his mother from home Wednesday afternoon. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Lee

Mechanicsville, MD

#1 Feb 28, 2008
Beat his little A** and make the parents pay for all the county money and resources wasted!
Deb

Washington, DC

#2 Feb 28, 2008
Why, because he was tied up, put in a crawl space and was semi-conscious? You think he did that to himself?
dancermommd

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#3 Feb 28, 2008
He was bound up. It wasn't like he was hiding for the fun of it. Let's find out who did this to him please and put them away.
Donna

Washington, DC

#4 Feb 28, 2008
Deb.......Agreed. Did not quite understand his/her logic here!!
jersey girl

Bethesda, MD

#5 Feb 28, 2008
Lee wrote:
Beat his little A** and make the parents pay for all the county money and resources wasted!
read the story and get the facts...this kid has been a victim of a crime...now who's A** should be beat. Shame on u

Since: Feb 08

Washington, DC

#6 Feb 28, 2008
I wonder how they found him today in the crawl space? What made them look in the closet. If he was bound, gagged and semi-conscious, he couldn't have screamed.

I'm glad they found him. I'll be curious as to who put him there. Someone who knows him maybe?
Renee

Washington, DC

#7 Feb 28, 2008
A mind is a terrible thing to waste!!!
Imaparenttoo

United States

#8 Feb 28, 2008
There is no way that this boy was able to bind his own hands and put something around his neck as well. Someone did this to him and they need to find out who. Any person who would do this to a child needs to be severly punished.

Since: Jan 08

Vermillion, SD

#9 Feb 28, 2008
Every Woman wrote:
I wonder how they found him today in the crawl space? What made them look in the closet. If he was bound, gagged and semi-conscious, he couldn't have screamed.
I'm glad they found him. I'll be curious as to who put him there. Someone who knows him maybe?
I was wondering the same thing, who found him and how, and what made them suddenly look there, its not exactly an obvious place even for someone to put someone else at least not while they are still alive. He must have been awake to some degree initaily and making noise, why wasnt it noticed, or is it cause he was suddenly making noise again with the camera crew nearby and the parents didnt want to be discovered? Something isnt right with this even, and I think that this kids family had something to do with it. I hope he recovers fully.
As for the camera guy tending to his needs, great job!
CKB

Baltimore, MD

#10 Feb 28, 2008
He called his mother Wednesday afternoon and when she came home he was missing. It sounds to me that the young boy is home alone after school all of the time because his mother must work. Now, I could be wrong. If this is the case then someone knew he is left alone and it might be someone he knew or a stranger. I hope he was not abused sexually. I am glad he is alive and give the authorities a picture of the person.
fed up with the mess

United States

#11 Feb 28, 2008
I wonder if he was playing that game where kids try to hang themselves?
Daughter of Zion

Potomac, MD

#12 Feb 28, 2008
Renee and Lee should be ashamed of themselves. I imagine that if this was their child they would both be demanding that law enforcement find out who did it and exact justice. Let us not be too quick to judge until all the facts are in. Right now the child is probably in critical condition and we should all pray (or hope depending on the preference) that he recovers.
Paula

Atlanta, GA

#13 Feb 28, 2008
Say what??!!!
Arlingtonian

Arlington, VA

#14 Feb 28, 2008
I don't understand the logic of the commentators who seemed to insinuate that this boy was the architect of his own imprisonment in the crawl space. I do wonder, however, how his relatives found him, if his mouth was taped. If he knows who did it, I hope he tells the authorities. It must have been incredibly traumatic!

SLB

“Never settle for second best”

Since: Mar 07

MD

#15 Feb 28, 2008
I am glad it looks like he will be alright, but something is missing from this story. I know he did not do this to himself, but who did? His parents? Neighbors? Media stunt?

Things to ponder...
the philosopher

Atlanta, GA

#16 Feb 28, 2008
I'm glad he was found safe and I hope they find out who did it.
vatngal

Annandale, VA

#17 Feb 28, 2008
I re-read the story. It shares that he was in a crawl space with something around his neck. That's is. Doesn't say mouth taped, hands bound. I'm thankful that they found this boy. It could have been a suicide attempt or any mental health related issue. Either way, for now he is safe... regardless of who is paying for it. If it is mental health related, he can get the help he needs.
OBX

New Hyde Park, NY

#18 Feb 28, 2008
Okay, something is very fishy about this story. The family members were the ones who summoned the media into the house. So, it has to be one of those family memebers who put the boy in that crawl space, gaged him, put something around his neck and bound his hands. There are some really sick people out there that will do anything to be in the news. If this is the only way for them to do it...then they need to be thrown in jail and left there to rot.
I hope the boy is alright.
Renee

Washington, DC

#19 Feb 28, 2008
("Excuse me but I said to Lee, thata mind is a terrible thing to waste"]Renee and Lee should be ashamed of themselves. I imagine that if this was their child they would both be demanding that law enforcement find out who did it and exact justice. Let us not be too quick to judge until all the facts are in. Right now the child is probably in critical condition and we should all pray or hope depending on the preference that he recovers.
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#20 Feb 28, 2008
Whoever hurt this child and whatever was done, I hope that he/she/they are punished for it. Poor kid, I hope he makes a full recovery.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montgomery County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jury debates fate of Anthony Stargell Sep '14 Dennis E Gannon 1
Ohio woman castrates man after offer of $13 for... Aug '14 The Duke of Hazard 1
Teen found guilty in bus stop shooting Jul '14 Net Nut 2
New program aims to get kids reading over summer (Jun '14) Jun '14 The Duke Of Hazard 2
Dayton man charged with physical and sexual ass... (Apr '14) Apr '14 The Hack Checker 1
Few dogs labled as dangerous despite new law (Mar '14) Mar '14 Gun Nut 1
Trotwood apartments to get $4 million in upgrades (Jan '14) Jan '14 Just Me 2
More from around the web