Sciotoville reflects on 10 years of charter schooling

Feb 27, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Portsmouth Daily Times

When they first opened, some skeptics might have taken bets against Sciotoville Community School lasting for more than a year or two.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Mar 12, 2011
eastgrad

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

East has gone completely downhill since I graduated in 2003. Don't get me wrong, the educators are great, however, the school board is full of a bunch of idiots who don't know when to get off their high horses and start acting like adults. They're the ones running the place into the ground.
hahaha

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

eastgrad wrote:
East has gone completely downhill since I graduated in 2003. Don't get me wrong, the educators are great, however, the school board is full of a bunch of idiots who don't know when to get off their high horses and start acting like adults. They're the ones running the place into the ground.
If they were running it into the ground as you say then the enrollment wouldn't be up and people wouldn't be sending their kids there. You graduated 8 years ago, I don't think I will be taking your opinon too seriously.
aha

Wheelersburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

enrollment is up? thats not what i hear.
eastgrad

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

Judged:

Enrollment IS up but that is because the quality of the teachers. I'm not griping about the teachers, I'm griping about the school board and the fact that they have a year to get things right or they will be shut down. I know A LOT more than what you think. I have been involved with the school since I graduated so I don't think that your opinion matters quite as much.
hoot

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2011

What happens in the in the boiler room stays in the boiler room. Wishing you well sharlin darlin and harold ce man
Clock is ticking

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2011

I dont no if enrollment is up or not, but I guess we could check the security cameras that are now in certain classrooms. Someone wants more power or maybe business is down and he has to use his "job" skills servalancing teachers. What a joke
Former Tartan 02

Wheelersburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2011

Who is on the board now?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••