Can You Spare A Square?

Can You Spare A Square?

There are 19 comments on the WUSA Washington, DC story from Apr 24, 2008, titled Can You Spare A Square?. In it, WUSA Washington, DC reports that:

Labor leaders are recommending that Montgomery County ration toilet paper for inmates to help save costs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WUSA Washington, DC.

Tyler

Arlington, VA

#1 Apr 24, 2008
I doubt rationing TP is going to make a dent in the $297 million budget deficit. Let's get real here!

“God Bless America”

Since: Feb 08

Woodbridge, VA

#2 Apr 24, 2008
I agree and why are inmates getting more than 3 rolls a week each? Instead of hiring plummers to unclog the toilets they messed with, make the inmates reach down there bare-handed and unclogg it.

That should save at least some taxpayer money shouldn't it?
Lynne

AOL

#3 Apr 24, 2008
Just a bunch of "children" trying to get attention. If you cant do the time.. DONT DO THE CRIME!
exturnkey

Hyattsville, MD

#4 Apr 24, 2008
feed them less, they will poop less!
Somebody With A Clue

Waldorf, MD

#5 Apr 24, 2008
What... No comments on the County Execs proposed bathroom??? That's gotta factor in somehow! We're talkin' triple-ply at the very least here.
Hmmmmmmmmm

Hyattsville, MD

#6 Apr 24, 2008
toilet paper is NOT going to help the decficit..... larger issues need to be dealt with than toilet paper.. Yes why are they getting more than 3 rolls anyway... not one person should need more than 2 a week at the very most.. sounds like a poor management job to me...wasteful
What

Washington, DC

#7 Apr 24, 2008
Can I wipe my *** without asking for tissue? How stupid is that?
Toilet paper is the least costly item of their worries. How about they stop allowing their officials to spend hundreds of dollars on meals and calling it "a business expense". How about they stop letting these people use money on buying the latest computers and hardware and copiers and allowing employees to make long distance phone calls. How about that? You are getting too personal with the TP!
FAIRFAX

Fairfax, VA

#8 Apr 24, 2008
too funny!!!!!!!!!!
exturnkey wrote:
Dan

Springfield, VA

#9 Apr 24, 2008
toilet paper? oh really? wow. Sounds like a crappy situation to me.
BUILT TO LAST

Fairfax, VA

#10 Apr 24, 2008
what a crappy story
BORIS

Washington, DC

#11 Apr 24, 2008
use your hand and save trees too!

NateKnuckles

“"Knuckle Busting Fun!"”

Since: Nov 07

"DC" Where Else?

#12 Apr 24, 2008
Everybody please bring your own roll.

Thank you and Have A Wonderful Day!
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#13 Apr 24, 2008
So the inmates are deliberately using TP to clog the toilets? Solution - don't unclog the toilets; perhaps if they have to spend time living in their own filth, they might stop acting like trash?
Mike

Montgomery Village, MD

#14 Apr 24, 2008
exturnkey wrote:
LMAO!!!! Good One!
Mike

Montgomery Village, MD

#15 Apr 24, 2008
Well since they are growing more corn for fuel. Let them use a corn cobb like in the old day's!

I'm sure the Mayor of District Heights will like that idea! ;)
octopus

United States

#16 Apr 24, 2008
So much for all of those clogged toilets.
CKB

Bethesda, MD

#17 Apr 24, 2008
exturnkey wrote:
Now that is a good idea. They do eat good with our tax money so we should have a say to this.
Amomfrommontgome ry

Olney, MD

#18 Apr 25, 2008
Well, if they cut the firefighters from working so much overtime in the county, allowing them to sometimes double their annual salary, then maybe there will be more money for toilet paper. But it's all crap to me.

I agree with feeding them less, they will poop less.
Skip

Eton, GA

#19 Apr 25, 2008
TP ...hmmm why don't they put that self important bozo the self proclaimed 'Energy Lawyer' roger berliner the democratic dope from potomac/bethesda on the TP case.

what does an energy lawyer do, sue Ready Kilowatt or protect the people from that harlet miss utility? what an azzhole...

which immentantly qualifies him to fix the TP sunami forming upstream of the falling sky.

MC council= moronic misfits

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montgomery County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ohio woman castrates man after offer of $13 for... (Aug '14) Jun 3 Eric Cartman Auth... 4
News Dayton Police respond to a shooting at a church... Mar '16 The Old Cold Warr... 1
News Trammell's daughter pleads guilty to stealing $... (May '13) Feb '16 Carson for Jesus 4
News Two immigrants arrested for smuggling cocaine (Sep '15) Sep '15 The Duke of Hazard 2
woman murdered in 1970s marlatt (Jun '09) Aug '15 cindy 3
Paul E. Dutton III is a thief! (Mar '15) Aug '15 Victim also 2
News Ohio battle over traffic cameras heats up again (Jul '15) Jul '15 xxxrayted 4
More from around the web