Dayton man killed in Sunday morning r...

Dayton man killed in Sunday morning robbery

There are 16 comments on the Dayton Daily News story from May 31, 2009, titled Dayton man killed in Sunday morning robbery. In it, Dayton Daily News reports that:

A 46-year-old Dayton man was robbed, beaten, then fatally shot in the back as he attempted to flee four suspects on Fountain Avenue off North Main Street early Sunday morning, May 31.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dayton Daily News.

Revdave

Dayton, OH

#1 Jun 1, 2009
More senseless violence. What a legacy Rhine McLin will leave. The continual lack of respect for the rule of law permeates the Left Bank. As soon as you cross the river it becomes apparent to even the casual observer. Think not? Take a drive down Salem Avenue or North Main and witness the total lack of respect for simple traffic laws.

It is any wonder NCR wants to move their world headquarters? Who wants to invest in a city that has a downtown resembling a war zone.

Dayton had better wake up soon and get mayor that will put a police car on every corner in these troubled areas. And a mayor that will permit law enforcement to do the job the taxpayers expect them to do...protect us!
Dr_Phil

United States

#3 Jun 2, 2009
As long as this person that was killed was Black, I don't feel that it was senseless.
Later
David Holtz

Mesa, AZ

#4 Jun 8, 2009
Keep yer kind on yer side of town.
Dinah

Triangle, VA

#5 Jun 10, 2009
Revdave wrote:
More senseless violence. What a legacy Rhine McLin will leave. The continual lack of respect for the rule of law permeates the Left Bank. As soon as you cross the river it becomes apparent to even the casual observer. Think not? Take a drive down Salem Avenue or North Main and witness the total lack of respect for simple traffic laws.
It is any wonder NCR wants to move their world headquarters? Who wants to invest in a city that has a downtown resembling a war zone.
Dayton had better wake up soon and get mayor that will put a police car on every corner in these troubled areas. And a mayor that will permit law enforcement to do the job the taxpayers expect them to do...protect us!
Do you have gangs in the area or something? What's with your 'crime rate'?
old friend

Manchester, KY

#6 Jul 10, 2009
the shortest bridge to south africa ... the Third Street bridge in Dayton Ohio
Dinah

Triangle, VA

#7 Jul 10, 2009
Revdave wrote:
Much as I agree with the "senseless violence" comment, I think the ONLY cure for this type of behavior is adhering to God's moral law -politically correct or not-and maybe if the victim's family files lawsuits.

Don't expect much from the governments of either your city or state. With the economic downturn and the fact that you have a very high jobless rate in your state will not enable local governments to 'bleed the proverbial turnip'.

And as a resident moving to a big city metro area of Wasington, D.C., I can tell you that people delude themselves if they think that the cops are there to protect them. The ony thing they protect is the law and THAT is dependant on judges rulings. All the cops can do is provide a presence, and that presence is only as effective as the willness of the would be criminal to weigh the situation in their own favor.

When things come unglued, the only thing the cops can do is pick up the pieces. They have VERY little control over response times. By the time a crime can be committed, the cops, despite sirens, can be caught in traffic and not get there till it's too late. You can't bulldoze your way through a glutted street and helicopters are expensive.
Dinah

Triangle, VA

#8 Jul 10, 2009
Dr_Phil wrote:
As long as this person that was killed was Black, I don't feel that it was senseless.
Later
It's attitudes from folks such as yourself who make people wonder what century they live in.
Try and join the 21st why don't you. We don't tolerate that sort of attitude.
Dinah

Triangle, VA

#9 Jul 10, 2009
old friend wrote:
the shortest bridge to south africa ... the Third Street bridge in Dayton Ohio
It you had truly objective, credible point of view; you'd have stats taken of your criminals according to ethnicity. Believe me, a time WILL come when you have MORE than your dislike of black skin to worry about. How about illegal invaders?
the truth

Manchester, KY

#10 Jul 10, 2009
Dinah wrote:
<quoted text>
It you had truly objective, credible point of view; you'd have stats taken of your criminals according to ethnicity. Believe me, a time WILL come when you have MORE than your dislike of black skin to worry about. How about illegal invaders?
lady lived in Dayton Ohio for 35 years .... i seen it all ...from having to bus my child half way across town so a black kid could go to a school on the east side of town ... when they could have done what every white family does .. move to the town you want your kids to go to school at ... my brother was denied a job with GM ... because of affimative action .... he passed the test and scored highly ....but because he wasnt black ... they couldnt hire him .. but what GM did do ... was rewrite the test so enough blacks could pass it .... so they could hire them ..and keep their tax breaks with the city ....if we had WET TV like blacks have BET we would be racist .... if there was a white only college it would be racist ...but yet there are all kinds of black only colleges ....and i bet if i went to the NAACP to help me with a problem with an employer , they wouldnt help me because i am white .... so who is racist ? and has a skin color issue ?
the truth

Manchester, KY

#11 Jul 10, 2009
Dinah wrote:
<quoted text>
my father grew up on Marathon Avenue off N. Main St. back in the 70's when i was a kid .. it was a decent clean and very nice neighborhood to live in...go up N.Main now that the blacks have taken it over .. Marathon Ave. has a gate across the street now to stop through traffic due to all the drugs ... most of those beautiful homes up north are all boarded up now too ... just like the west side
Dinah

Triangle, VA

#12 Jul 10, 2009
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
lady lived in Dayton Ohio for 35 years .... i seen it all ...from having to bus my child half way across town so a black kid could go to a school on the east side of town ... when they could have done what every white family does .. move to the town you want your kids to go to school at ... my brother was denied a job with GM ... because of affimative action .... he passed the test and scored highly ....but because he wasnt black ... they couldnt hire him .. but what GM did do ... was rewrite the test so enough blacks could pass it .... so they could hire them ..and keep their tax breaks with the city ....if we had WET TV like blacks have BET we would be racist .... if there was a white only college it would be racist ...but yet there are all kinds of black only colleges ....and i bet if i went to the NAACP to help me with a problem with an employer , they wouldnt help me because i am white .... so who is racist ? and has a skin color issue ?
Sounds like your REAL beef is affirmative action. I heartily agree. All it is, is reverse discrimination. We've had problems with it in Virginia too which aggrevates me to death. Our 'beloved' ex governor, now SENATOR Mark Warner, pulled this keep affirmative action crap on one of our universities and almost cost them their engineering department.

MANY people in this country has the blinders on. They think they are 'tolerant' and into multiculturalism. JUST DISPENSE WITH THE WHOLE THING, and they'd have it right. FORGET race, sex, age, religions preference like the law is SUPPOSED to be used and work from merit, education and experience.

This "at risk" crap has gone too far.
Dr Phil

Wimberley, TX

#13 Jul 11, 2009
Give it time, all the Blacks are killing each other off, we wont have to worry about them much longer.
Later
DewDropInn

Dayton, OH

#15 Jul 12, 2009
Your true colors are showing again. Still have that "rebel" flag hanging around? Betcha you do!
Dinah

Triangle, VA

#16 Jul 12, 2009
Centerville Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Goood post
That does seem to be a natural consequence of crime; IF we don't medically treat and coddle them.
yourworstnightma re

Mesa, AZ

#17 Jul 12, 2009
i am part black, but i live with all the crackers in west milton
Heffernan

Cincinnati, OH

#18 Jul 13, 2009
dayton, the place where the put babies in microwaves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montgomery County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bellaire avenue Jul 20 Curious 1
News Gallia deputies discover body - 2:06 am updated: (Feb '17) Jul '17 Oogle 54
News Man who died after breaking out police car wind... (Jul '11) Jun '17 willbeatyoazzinpe... 12
News Bill Cosby Lawyers Say Prosecution Is Keeping B... Jun '17 Savant 36
Montgomery County Criminal Mugshots and Arrests... (Sep '16) May '17 First 3
News Local rapper denies his group, Diamond Cut, is ... (May '08) Apr '17 Earner- 28
who is this deputy pig sealey? (Feb '17) Feb '17 All seeing eye 2
More from around the web