Ohio boy dies after wrestling injury

Ohio boy dies after wrestling injury

There are 12 comments on the WDTN-TV Dayton story from Jul 18, 2008, titled Ohio boy dies after wrestling injury. In it, WDTN-TV Dayton reports that:

A coroner's official says a 15-year-old boy attending a Christian summer camp in the southwest Ohio town of Cedarville has died after suffering a head injury while wrestling.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WDTN-TV Dayton.

Megan

Orrville, OH

#1 Jul 19, 2008
We miss you Curtis. But over 108 people got saved because of this tragedy. Thank the Lord.
Mac in Michigan

Mentor, OH

#2 Jul 19, 2008
Nice way to rationalize it. God must have wanted it right? Y'all have to do the same next year it was such a success. At the funeral we undoubtedly will have the God wanted another angel line too. Wish he'd take more preachers.
anonymouse

Wooster, OH

#3 Jul 20, 2008
Mac, you don't get it. It isn't the way you state it. Sometimes Bad things happen, unfortunately and God can use those things for good. We don't always understand. This tragedy brought youth groups, and families closer together and to God. You never know what could happen and it just is a reality check. Death is real, and so is hell. Kids accepted Christ as their savior. One day they too will be in eternity with Curtis. I will pray for you Mac.
Michele

Park Ridge, NJ

#4 Jul 20, 2008
Mac, I pray that you will at least try to understand what is being said here. God, the creator of the world has the right and power to take any of us at any time. The Bible says that we are all planned before the world and that God had a set time for our birth as well as a time for us to die. Unfortunately, it was Curtis' time. It was tragic, I was there, but God is a good God and He works all things out for the good of those who love Him and who are called according to His purpose! Give Him a chance to prove it to you! Even Curtis' parents knew that Curtis would have wanted it that way. He began a revolution of young people to come to Christ and change the world. He loves you too. Try him and see!!!!
Jeanna

United States

#5 Jul 25, 2008
I feel for the parents and friends of this boy. However, everyone has a right to their own opinion. There is nothing FAIR about a parent losing a child! Keep on believing in your faith if that is what is getting you by in life. I think it was improper planning on the camp!
Wilson

Australia

#6 Aug 13, 2008
Michele, Megan, and Anon: I sincerely hope that the parents of this boy can find as much meaning in his death as you all did.
ceelee

Kingston, Jamaica

#7 Aug 13, 2008
Faith is really all we've got and it's futile to try to "figure God out". He said "my ways are far above your ways". We either believe or we doubt. It's not easy but trying to develop our relationship with him through prayer and spending time just meditating in His word, helps us as Christians to cope. Accidents will always happen...so too will the violent and murderous actions of man against the innocent....but God remains faithful to His word which says He will never leave nor forsake us......even in the most horrific times of our lives. I pray that we can come to the place where we can "Let God be GOd" and believe that He will take us through. My prayers are with the camp directors, the family and friends of this special boy.
Jen

Detroit, MI

#8 Sep 23, 2008
Dear mac,
i just want to tell you what this kids life and death did to my life. before this summer i lived life like i had no end. i realized with curtis' death that my life is a vapor..here one moment gone the next..and life is valuable. curtis knew that God was in control and his life belonged to Him. He made me realize that what is life worth if i live for myself and not for my Savior. I also found a new side of my faith and a new way to worship. I cant say im glad he died but i do know he canged a lot of lives, and sometimes God uses the pain we feel to help us grow. So dont go knocking how we feel about how OUR God works, cuz ask any of those kids at that camp and they will tell you it changed their life and they are better than before.
" the truth of Gods love is not that he allows bad things to happen to us but rather His promise that he will alwyas be there for us when they do."
Kayla

Columbia, MO

#9 Oct 17, 2008
I was also there when all of this happened. When it first happened and he went to the hospital I remember thinking "this isn't real". I remember getting up at 4 in the morning with all the other girls from our dorm and praying for him and when i woke up in the morning and found out that he died i was in shock. I remember thinking "Why God? WHy? After all these people prayed for him? Why? He should be here jumping up and down and going crazy for you. WHy God why?" BUt then it occrued to me that life is short and things happen. So thats when i decided that i needed to tell people about God. So i surrendered my life to God and whatever he wants for me. But more than that. I saw over 100 people give their lives to the lord which was amazing. Then on top of that i heard Curtiss's parents speak which was way more than amazing.(God definately brought triumph from tragedy) They weren't happy obviously to lose their son. BUt they knew he was in a better place and you could just see God in them. Their faith was so amazing and they really encouraged me to have more faith.
Ive gone to Lift camp for 5 years now and that was probably the best one.
elisha

Stafford, UK

#10 Apr 26, 2010
i went to lift in england i didnt know curtis but i know that he was loved by is family and that he is in heaven and i pray for his family everyday and we were told about the death of curtis at our lift camp and it also changed peoples lives because they got saved we all love curtis family with all our hearts and we are praying for them god bless you all
Sue Nawmey

Sterling, VA

#11 Apr 26, 2010
A senseless incident like this makes me think that either God is a cruel, capricious bully...or there is no God, and basically shit like this happens.

Either way, the Camp bears some responsibility and I hope the parents sue them to hell and back.
The New Cool Warrior

Miamisburg, OH

#12 Apr 26, 2010
It was two years ago. Get over it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montgomery County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
woman murdered in 1970s marlatt (Jun '09) Aug '15 cindy 3
Paul E. Dutton III is a thief! Aug '15 Victim also 2
News Ohio battle over traffic cameras heats up again Jul '15 xxxrayted 4
News Montgomery County police to don body cameras in... Jun '15 Net Nut 2
News Local rapper denies his group, Diamond Cut, is ... (May '08) Jun '15 Wtf 26
News Ohio microwave-baby mom to be sentenced (Sep '08) Mar '15 Noel Nosirrah 9
News Fetus dies after woman is beaten, left on stree... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Akingu 2
More from around the web