Woman claims she was fired after voting for President Obama

Feb 20, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KSDK-TV Saint Louis

A southwest Ohio woman says she was fired three days after the November election because she voted for President Barack Obama.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of180
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
turn your head and cough

Mount Pleasant, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

She probably voted for him in '08 too, so what took them so long?

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

I coulda swore voting was done by secret ballot everywhere. Not so in Ohio?
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

She was warned. She--and all the other employees--were told that, if the company was going to have to lay off employees, those who voted for Øbama would be the first to go. This is a classic case of 'you pays your dues, you takes your chances'. the employee got exactly what she paid for. The defense industry is not in a good place right now BECAUSE OF Øbama. If you helped elect him and you lose your job, so be it.

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

hard to believe and I don't

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Sounds like another Obama loving loser looking for a lawsuit with a payday.How would her employer know who she voted for unless she was running her mouth off saying how great it was when Obozo got a second term? Serves her right,too bad some liberal jury will award her a settlement.
Just Desserts

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Well, she deserved it then! Whether it is true or not, she's a bitch.

“I know where you are,”

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

In Ohio?

I think Sammy the Jumper had something to do with this.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Brilliant, why didn't I think of it. By end of the week I'm firing all my staff that voted for Romney

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Far Away wrote:
She was warned. She--and all the other employees--were told that, if the company was going to have to lay off employees, those who voted for Øbama would be the first to go. This is a classic case of 'you pays your dues, you takes your chances'. the employee got exactly what she paid for. The defense industry is not in a good place right now BECAUSE OF Øbama. If you helped elect him and you lose your job, so be it.
You have just outdone yourself. This could be your stupidest post ever, though with you, one can never tell.

If this woman's claim could be proven, the owners should lose their business licence. This would be a classic case of workplace discrimination, no different from race or gender discrimination.

“I know where you are,”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

victoria1 wrote:
Brilliant, why didn't I think of it. By end of the week I'm firing all my staff that voted for Romney
I'm one step ahead of you Vix - I've already started passing out pink slips here.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm one step ahead of you Vix - I've already started passing out pink slips here.
I wont have a lot of paper work, I know for fact none of my staff voted for Romney.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Abell, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

victoria1 wrote:
So now Canadians get to vote in U.S. elections? No wonder we're so screwed up.

“I know where you are,”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wont have a lot of paper work, I know for fact none of my staff voted for Romney.
I wish I had that problem around here - it seems even smart people can be ignorant sometimes.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Discrimination... on your Free Speech Right to say, state and Vote for Whomever YOU choose!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

How did he know who she voted for?

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Portsmouth, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
How did he know who she voted for?
She must've been bragging about her free Oblunder cell phone.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

pigpen911 wrote:
Sounds like another Obama loving loser looking for a lawsuit with a payday.How would her employer know who she voted for unless she was running her mouth off saying how great it was when Obozo got a second term? Serves her right,too bad some liberal jury will award her a settlement.
I see you're back, Piggy, having returned from your recent election humiliation in your presidential wager with me. Oh well, why not.

The employer may have known about the woman's voting choice either directly or by overhearing it. But how does that give him the right to penalize her for voting for whom she chose?

Think about this on a larger scale. Imagine corporate America not only contributing endless amounts of money to influence elections, but also intimidating employees by threatening their livelihoods if their voting choices were known to them, and they disapproved of those choices. That would not be an America I could be proud of.

Yes, you have the right to keep your vote secret. But you also have the right to shout it from the rooftops without the threat of intimidation. I voted for President Obama, and I don't mind the whole world knowing it. And I assure you, if the shoe were on the other hoof, this post would no different (except for my voting choice).
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You have just outdone yourself. This could be your stupidest post ever, though with you, one can never tell.
If this woman's claim could be proven, the owners should lose their business licence. This would be a classic case of workplace discrimination, no different from race or gender discrimination.
Stupid is you for believing she has a case. She has not been discriminated against in the protected sense. Discrimination in that her employer didn't like her destructive political choice for president? Yes, but that is not illegal.

I presume (maybe incorrectly) that she is an at will employee, which means she can be fired for any reason or no reason so long as it is not one for which there is lawful protection. Those protections are race, religion, sex, color, national origin, family status, disability, veterans and genetics. Stupid choices is not on the list, so the business in on firm ground here.
Idea

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

How about we hire her back and fire Obama??? Works for me.
Obama Voter

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Gibs me gibs me gibs me!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of180
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Montgomery County Discussions

Search the Montgomery County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Teen found guilty in bus stop shooting Jul 2 Net Nut 2
New program aims to get kids reading over summer Jun 20 The Duke Of Hazard 2
Dayton man charged with physical and sexual ass... Apr '14 The Hack Checker 1
Few dogs labled as dangerous despite new law Mar '14 Gun Nut 1
Trotwood apartments to get $4 million in upgrades Jan '14 Just Me 2
Harem niteclub fight and beating (Dec '11) Nov '13 Mark-Dayton 2
Monday's Most Wanted for Sept. 30, 2013 (Oct '13) Oct '13 The New Cool Warrior 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••