Franklin, Douglas to leave WBAL radio -

Full story: Baltimore Sun

Talk-radio hosts Chip Franklin and Rob Douglas are moving on from Baltimore's largest AM station, WBAL.

Comments (Page 5)

Showing posts 81 - 84 of84
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Bigdoodads

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2007

"...Maybe the Sun is biased to the Left, but WBAL is part of the Big Rightwing Noise Machine, and I will not listen to that hatred. IMPEACH BUSH."
Take a look at your post, and hopefully you will see how much your hypocrisy comes through. HINT - focus on the word "hatred"...
Louise Owings Mills

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2008

Glad to see Chip left with his conservative biased clap trap. Glad to see Bruce has been cut down to size.His cut throat biased comments go on and on and on, rehashing the same junk week after week.He needs to get a life in an inner city community service to see how so many people live without hope.
Shoveourgov

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2008

It has been a while since Chip Franklin and Rob Douglas have left the once Mighty Powerhouse, WBAL. Despite what most of the libeal critics have said in this blog, WBAL is spiraling into a freefall to rock bottom. The once fiesty conservitive, Ron Smith, now in his twilight years as a radio host has lost his, "Voice of Reason" status and has become more the "The Voice of Opinion" as he has proven himself to be short with caller who disagree with his resolve. What a shame, reasoning out the answers to life's problems with inciteful callers was once Ron's specialty. Maybe the drive to work from the O'malley free state to the north has become too long.
Sherri Eliker a grade "B" actress with limited radio expierence was selected to replace the controversial yet high rated Chip Franklin in the mornings. Unfortunately Sherri, despite your attractive glamour shot on WBAL's website, a pot of Columbia's strongrest coffee just isn't enough to keep us awake. Your topic are safe if not boring. The Sherri Eliker Program is the elevator music of talk show radio.
C4... What pleasant suprise this ex-democratic politician turned out to be. At first I was a skeptic. Not only was he a politician but from a long lineage of politicians. Yet Clarence Mitchell IV show sign of radio greatness with his ability to not only reason by taking all sides of the spectrum, but also by using the moral high road with a dash of common sense when approaching his shared reasoning on all issues. C4, if you dicided run again for local government..Governor?... I will vote for you.
Bruce Elliot.. Pal, I love you. You are mushy goodness mixed with Christian values and common sense. No wonder all the Libs hate your guts. You represent the decency of the common everyday 9 to 5 guy....and yes, I hug my kids.
Chip Franklin may not be everything to all men, but what he did was raise WBAL's energy to an all time high. Although the banter was loud at times, the topics called for emotion for they were cutting edge and late breaking. His panel were devisive as well as humorous and inciteful. I know the libs are happy to be rid of Chip and Robbie Douglas, but the silent majority are still mourning Baltimore's loss of not only these men who made us think, but also the loss of a once great radio station who jest for riding in a storm of challenge and controvery has settled for a light breeze of mediocrity.
MARY Smith Island

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

I agree with others who say bring back
ALLEN PRELL. This area misses him. WBAL
is great, but bring back the orioles and
maryland terps.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 84 of84
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Montgomery County Discussions

Search the Montgomery County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Dayton man charged with physical and sexual ass... Apr 11 The Hack Checker 1
Few dogs labled as dangerous despite new law Mar '14 Gun Nut 1
Trotwood apartments to get $4 million in upgrades Jan '14 Just Me 2
Harem niteclub fight and beating (Dec '11) Nov '13 Mark-Dayton 2
Monday's Most Wanted for Sept. 30, 2013 (Oct '13) Oct '13 The New Cool Warrior 1
Public, police shocked by Dayton bus stop slaying (Sep '13) Sep '13 The Hack Checker 1
Father of 27 owes child support (Sep '13) Sep '13 The Hack Checker 6
•••
•••
•••
•••