Franklin, Douglas to leave WBAL radio -

Franklin, Douglas to leave WBAL radio -

There are 84 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Jul 25, 2007, titled Franklin, Douglas to leave WBAL radio -. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Talk-radio hosts Chip Franklin and Rob Douglas are moving on from Baltimore's largest AM station, WBAL.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
buddy8304

Linthicum Heights, MD

#1 Jul 25, 2007
It goes to show that WBAL should have never fired Allen Prell. His show was the best in the ratings for his time slot.
Jim Metz

Washington, DC

#2 Jul 25, 2007
Hopefully WBAL will bring in some less conservative hosts. It is time for a change.
Tim

United States

#3 Jul 25, 2007
Screw them NeoCons - good riddance.....
Frank

Westminster, MD

#4 Jul 25, 2007
The Sun should try to scoop other stories that have a little more relevence to the state of Maryland. Like all of Martin O'Malley's antics. Try as you like (i.e., to discredit WBAL) The Sun's circulation is not in the tank by happen-stance.
Tom from South Carolina

United States

#5 Jul 25, 2007
Good -- neither of them ever took a impartial political view of local events. Perhaps WBAL might consider replacement with a more politically balanced program(s).
Evcel

AOL

#6 Jul 25, 2007
Finally, Franklin is gone! Now I can return to my favorite Baltimore station, minus him and Limbaugh. Good things
come in two's!!!!
baltimoron

Woodstock, MD

#7 Jul 25, 2007
Thank You, Thank you, Thank You! Although they'll inevitably be replaced by some other bile-spewers! And Chip, you ain't even funny!
Tiredof thesameolB

Baltimore, MD

#8 Jul 25, 2007
Could this be the begining of a return to balance at WGOP, or will they just bring in a new reactionary? Maybe re-runs of Limbaugh?
Rob

United States

#9 Jul 25, 2007
Sounds like Ed Norris on WHFS is kicking WBAL's mid-day rump ???
Bob

San Jose, CA

#10 Jul 25, 2007
We saw this happening the day Rush come over to WCBM. He's just too great a talent to compete against. Is Rouse the next replacement?
Balto

United States

#11 Jul 25, 2007
Chip is sophomoric, uninformed and caustic. Good riddance.
Now they should can Bruce Elliott.
PAB

Grantham, NH

#12 Jul 25, 2007
I agree with Buddy. Jeff Bauchamp should be ashamed of himself for ever hiring Chip Franklin. Chip has been an absolute disservice to our Baltimore community while pushing his own political agenda! WBAL needs to be a radio airways for the community, rather than hiring ignoramuses that desire nothing else than to push their own political agenda. I look forward to a breath of fresh air! Good riddance to Chip!
Baltimore Colt

AOL

#13 Jul 25, 2007
I stopped listening to WBAL four years ago and will continue to boycott that station, not that they care. I am tired of right wingnuts like Bruce Elliott and Ron Smith, and I am sure Franklin and Douglas's replacements will be cut from the same mold.

Maybe the Sun is biased to the Left, but WBAL is part of the Big Rightwing Noise Machine, and I will not listen to that hatred. IMPEACH BUSH.
Albert

AOL

#14 Jul 25, 2007
We need commentators who inform themselves on a wide range of facts, opinion, points of view,etc. and are ready to discuss these with callers. Most callers do not get enough information so they can become well informed citizens and help improve our country.
s marshall

AOL

#15 Jul 25, 2007
good by chip franklin...you are a silly nut..maybe your new place is better than Baltimore...As far to Rob Douglas..i never heard your show...probably your okay...
I would like to see Alan Prell come back from retirement?
or get Ron Smith to fill in your shoes on the hours you do your show..Mr.Franklin
Frank

Lake Orion, MI

#16 Jul 25, 2007
I started listening to WCBM when Rush left WBAL. Chip, Rob and Bruce were the only people that I enjoyed listening to on "BAL". I never really cared for Ron. Now, except for Saturday mornings, I won't listen to "BAL" unless I have to catch a Raven's game on the radio. Its' no wonder that WBAL ratings are getting lower. Best wishes to Chip and Rob for continued success. I will miss you guys. God bless you and God bless our wonderful USA!
BaltRavensFan

Greenwood, IN

#17 Jul 25, 2007
Orioles ratings are always good for the first couple months. Then they tank... they always do. As for Rob Douglas, it was clear that he was completely overwhelmed as a talkshow host. WBAL probably asked for him to leave but allowed Douglas it was his decision. Either way, WBAL has been great without Rush. My hunch is that it will be better without these two clowns.
Geary

Baltimore, MD

#18 Jul 25, 2007
Chip is leaving before his contract is fulfilled, according to THE SUN. And, I'm assuming Rob is also. Why are contracts even used these days. No one seems to honor them.
As for replacements, lets bring back the Allans'... Prell and Christian.
I miss the Friday Garage Sale Show.
And, I think Prell is available!
pem

United States

#19 Jul 25, 2007
This is good for Baltimore listeners and good for Chip. Apparently it's a low wattage station in San Diego, so it's not totally awful for San Diego.

Chip was never a conservative--he just repeated conservative themes because that was his role--a little Chip went a long way. I quit listening to WBAL after they lost the Orioles.
Marilyn

Baltimore, MD

#20 Jul 25, 2007
WBAL went downhill the day they got rid of Rush, gave Chip and Ron shows that were too long and had Dan Rodricks on a couple days a week. The morning drive show lost me several years ago when they started doing fluff - the singing psychic was the last straw, although I love Dave Durian's voice. I really enjoyed Rob's show and will miss it. Good luck to both Chip and Rob.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montgomery County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bellaire avenue Jul 20 Curious 1
News Gallia deputies discover body - 2:06 am updated: Jul 4 Oogle 54
News Man who died after breaking out police car wind... (Jul '11) Jun '17 willbeatyoazzinpe... 12
News Bill Cosby Lawyers Say Prosecution Is Keeping B... Jun '17 Savant 36
Montgomery County Criminal Mugshots and Arrests... (Sep '16) May '17 First 3
News Local rapper denies his group, Diamond Cut, is ... (May '08) Apr '17 Earner- 28
who is this deputy pig sealey? Feb '17 All seeing eye 2
More from around the web