Knights Of Columbus

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Today is a good day for jubilee and the democrats will take center stage. At home in Chicago, the president all but claimed victory. "This happened because of you. Thank you" he tweeted to supporters.

Romney was in Massachusetts after a long and grueling bid for the presidency. He led in the national popular vote with 41 million votes, or 50 percent. Obama had 40 million, or 49 percent, with 59 percent of the precincts tallied.

But Obama led in the competition for electoral votes, where it mattered most.

His triumph in Ohio as well as in Iowa and New Hampshire, two other battlegrounds, gave him 265 electoral votes of the 270 needed for victory, Romney had 200.

The election emerged as a choice between two very different visions of government whether it occupies a major, front-row place in American lives or is in the background as a less-obtrusive facilitator for private enterprise and entrepreneurship.

The economy was rated the top issue by about 60 percent of voters surveyed as they left their polling places. But more said former President George W. Bush bore responsibility for current circumstances than Obama did after nearly four years in office.

About 4 in 10 said the economy is on the mend, but more than that said it was stagnant or getting worse more than four years after the near-collapse of 2008. The survey was conducted for The Associated Press and a group of television networks.
Knights Of Columbus

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Important to remember that when republicans win, they have an incumbant that bends the rules to support "my dear friend" as is often the case in politics. Look at the Bush campaign! His dad was a "leder of the pack". Obama is smart enough to decipher the subtle nuances in this debacle and strategize. The republicans will say "good luck" but the democrats will have a positive attitude.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Montgomery County Discussions

Search the Montgomery County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Madeleine McCann seen in md. May 2009 (Jun '13) 6 hr CPE 6
Smugglers Again Targeting Austin Area And Biker... (Mar '11) Mar 29 Austin native 3
On the Agenda: What's Next for Vacant Aspen Hil... Feb '14 Laurie 2
Rand Paul Boo-Hoos the Lack of Burgoo Dec '13 Cat74 1
Montgomery County's efforts to purge panhandler... Dec '13 Ian Cooper 1
Phil Gilberti (Mar '12) Dec '13 Tim 11
Woman Uses Baby as Cover in Hair Weave Robbery Dec '13 Tarzan 1
•••
•••
•••
•••