trafgic death of a friends dog

trafgic death of a friends dog

Posted in the Montgomery County Forum

tragic death of a dog

West Hartford, CT

#1 Dec 30, 2011
December 15, 2011
Dear Bev,
Since his death on Sunday, I find I am unable to feel much of anything. Where once a heart as big as a city block swelled with beat after beat of passion, nothing sounds but hollow breathing. Shattered is the word that comes most often to mind. Not until today have I been able to find the strength to face the screen before me.
Four days ago, on Sunday, December 11, 2011, my beautiful, loving boy was savagely killed by a steel trap laid for the purpose of snuffing out some poor, wild creature. Fur from other victims, I later observed, was caught in its metal jaws. I canít feel much of anything. I should feel rage but no, nothing. After years and years of saving animals I find my heart has taken a beating.
Hours spent before his death were beautiful ones and like every day my lovable lug had on this embattled planet, Billy Boy was out and about following that Geiger counter nose that in the end drew him to his death. Oh, how that boy loved life. I could actually find myself smiling just by virtue of watching his face light up into a smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montgomery County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hoffman Pentair Jul '17 TERRY 1
Austin Finley Jul '17 Buddy Sam 1
Info Jun '17 A nobody 1
Management Jobs 45k Apr '17 Anonymous 1
Baha mini bike Apr '17 Dave 1
sex after 50 (Jan '17) Mar '17 KyJamMan 3
Plum Lick Music Thread (Jun '16) Mar '17 Musikologist 2
More from around the web