Elisabeth Mineta appointed Monterey C...

Elisabeth Mineta appointed Monterey County Superior Court judge

There are 14 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Oct 20, 2010, titled Elisabeth Mineta appointed Monterey County Superior Court judge. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger named Elisabeth Mineta to fill the vacancy on the Monterey County Superior Court created by the retirement in November 2009 of Judge Jonathan Price.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

Dorothy

Monterey, CA

#1 Oct 20, 2010
Fifteen years as a legal research assistant.....virtually no real practice of the law....awful choice by the Governor. This person has no genuine legal background that prepares her for this position. Just another terrible addition to an already incompetent bench in this County.
Cobra

Salinas, CA

#2 Oct 20, 2010
Thank you Dorothy. Does she have any criminal or civil trial experience? Thanks Arnold.......
Reads well

Carmel Valley, CA

#3 Oct 20, 2010
Read it again. She has been a legal research attorney, not legal research assistant. Folks shouldn't comment about things they don't know.
Dorothy

Monterey, CA

#4 Oct 20, 2010
Dear Reads Well-
She was a research assistant to the sitting judges (who, admittedly, need all the academic help they can get not to mention those who are just plain lazy). So what if she has a license to practice law if she has not actually practiced law for any appreciable amount of time. She has virtually NO trial experience, civil or criminal. She has no practical experience upon which to base her impending decisions. This is a horrible choice. Arnold should be ashamed at this political appointment.
Melody J

Yuba City, CA

#5 Oct 20, 2010
Wow... Apparently some of the public is unaware of the role legal research attorneys have in the judicial branch. Research attorneys are an untapped asset to judicial appointments as they spend their entire career as "right hands" to judicial officers. Research attorneys, especially in the trial court setting, must be well versed in multiple areas of law, sit in on evidentiary hearings, draft tentative rulings, opinions, etc., along with assisting the bench in a myriad of other areas. If you want the best experience for the bench a legal research attorney is actually one of the places to obtain experienced, objective attorneys who do not have the bias or limitations of a litigator... it is their job to be objective, thorough, and completely understand all facets of a case. Monterey County is very fortunate to have such a person appointed to the bench.
John

Salinas, CA

#6 Oct 20, 2010
Dorothy seems to have the right handle on this appointment.Don't know anything about the Lady but I bet she has never done a jury trial or litigated anything. At least it is not another incompetent District Attorney. The bar is not very high for a judicial appointment in this county.
Judy

Denver, CO

#7 Jul 11, 2014
This Judge is not competent to rule on family law cases. She does not follow the evidence, nor does she read all the declaration. She gives unjustified verdicts which cause unnecessary pain for the innocent family members. Please review and remove. Help Monterey families get a much needed honest and reliable family law judge.
Trisha

Antioch, CA

#8 Jul 26, 2014
This Judge has no knowledge of family law. She make a mockery of the court by not preparing for her ruling. She does not read declarations before making a decision. Allows people to make excuses for their behavior, instead of upholding the law on perjury. Placed scared and confused children back under abusers care. Does not follow advice of professionals who give their recommendations.
alexandrabida

Monterey, CA

#9 Sep 24, 2014
Trisha wrote:
This Judge has no knowledge of family law. She make a mockery of the court by not preparing for her ruling. She does not read declarations before making a decision. Allows people to make excuses for their behavior, instead of upholding the law on perjury. Placed scared and confused children back under abusers care. Does not follow advice of professionals who give their recommendations.
I agree!!!
she needs to get out!!! Very rude and don't read the facts on a declaration.
Frustrating Father

Sunnyvale, CA

#10 Apr 14, 2015
She doesn't read all of the declarations and her decisions are based on what someone else says such as a family counselor. The family counselor that I hired was Patricia McDermott which her report was contradicting. I showed the Judge that my two kids were kidnapped by their own mother, that the other judge force my ex to come back to Monterey County if I pay her rent, my oldest son got dropped from the school due to not showing up, proof of mother being aggressive, failing twice to follow the visitation court order, fail to take my kids to the doctor,dentist and eye doctor (which i took them on my limited visitation time). In court my ex got caught when she was false testifying. I still lost the case by having the judge giving my children physical custody to my ex wife and to be allow to move back with my children to the same place where my ex had them kidnapped.
I also showed the judge that I'm an excellent father that the majority of the time I used to take time from work to take my oldest son to school, doctor,dentist,school field trips, parent meetings, help with homework, wash clothes, cook meals on weekends etc etc.

We have a horrible family law court system in Monterey County. I have being paying my ex wife rent for over a year as per court order, but I was also have give her extra money for the support of my kids for almost a whole year (until child support started taking money from my pay check), I paid also for pg&e, cable, cell etc etc for 6 months.
I lost my kids in Court, I'm still paying my ex rent as per court order until she moves from Monterey County as per court order plus I'm paying child and spousal support including medical insurance for my two kids as it was order by the court. This is 95% of my income.

Thank you for ruined my kid's life and my life forever.
Faith

Monterey, CA

#11 Mar 30, 2016
John wrote:
Dorothy seems to have the right handle on this appointment.Don't know anything about the Lady but I bet she has never done a jury trial or litigated anything. At least it is not another incompetent District Attorney. The bar is not very high for a judicial appointment in this county.
I will start or join or contribute to any campaign against this judge. I believe she is up for election this November of 2016.
Faith

Monterey, CA

#12 Mar 30, 2016
alexandrabida wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree!!!
she needs to get out!!! Very rude and don't read the facts on a declaration.
I will start or join or contribute to any campaign against this judge. I believe she is up for election this November of 2016.
Faith

Monterey, CA

#13 Mar 30, 2016
Trisha wrote:
Faith

Monterey, CA

#14 Mar 30, 2016
Judy wrote:
This Judge is not competent to rule on family law cases. She does not follow the evidence, nor does she read all the declaration. She gives unjustified verdicts which cause unnecessary pain for the innocent family members. Please review and remove. Help Monterey families get a much needed honest and reliable family law judge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As Soledad superintendent resigns, criminal inv... Nov 25 Soledad Truther 1
News Mega-earthquake on San Andreas fault would dama... Nov 23 gravity signal 1
News Marina mayora s race: Incumbent Bruce Delgado v... Nov '16 Seattle Doug 1
Monterey County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest R... Sep '16 Allen 2
News New leadership, constitution for Nuestra Familia (Feb '08) Aug '16 EnE 32
News Judge Richard Curtis hanging up robes (Sep '09) Apr '16 Lewis 5
News New Crime Tip Line Available In Salinas (Mar '09) Feb '16 Colonel Blimp 17
More from around the web