Monterey County wins suit against TV ...

Monterey County wins suit against TV makers over screen size

There are 10 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Dec 31, 2010, titled Monterey County wins suit against TV makers over screen size. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

Just how big is that television screen filled by SpongeBob Square Pants or the umpteenth super-slo-mo replay of a fumbled football in a holiday bowl game? Rest assured, there's no longer any wiggle room when it comes to disclosing the accurate size of television screens - in the wake of a consumer protection action brought by Monterey County and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

Taxpayer

Salinas, CA

#1 Dec 31, 2010
Really? Is this what we are paying Dean Flippo to do? Sue someone because the TV they say is 50 inches is actually 49 1/2 inches?? What a huge waste of time, money, and resources. Instead of committing a DDA to this firvolous suit, assign them to help in prosecuting more gang cases. No wonder Monterey County is the laughing stock of the Bay Area.
Tony

Marina, CA

#2 Dec 31, 2010
This will help stop the Gang killings and keep the Court System humming along at a brisk pace! We should sue the Monterey County Court system, they falsely advertise that they are a serious arm of the Government when they are nothing but a shakedown squad... Don't worry about those murders... Woo Hoo! free TV's for everyone! Someone call the Herald!

If you ever wonder why nothing seems to be happening to stop all the violence remember this story, it proves the people charged with protecting the citizens of Monterey are sacrificing our lives to keep their overpaid butts in power.
Mexi Defense Attorney

AOL

#3 Dec 31, 2010
Just like Donohue and Fetherolf, Flippo knows he can't do anything about gang violence in Salinas or MoCo. LULAC, La Raza, and the illegal latinos would label all of them as homophobes and racists, then eat him for lunch. So he has to do other far more important stuff to feel a sense of accomplishment and self worth.

And besides, those 49 1/2 inch T.V.'s that are advertised as 50 inch T.V.'s are a far bigger threat to the quality of life in MoCo than the 5,000 drug thug murderering criminal gang bangers that live there and run the streets freely 24/7/365.
FROMPG

Pacific Grove, CA

#4 Dec 31, 2010
So THIS is what the DA's office does!
Flaco

AOL

#5 Dec 31, 2010
FROMPG wrote:
So THIS is what the DA's office does!
Now I know why the D.A.'s office didn't press charges against the gang bangers that murdered the kid in Castroville. They didn't have the manpower available to do the paper work because Flippo had every lawyer in his department working 24/7 on the case of: The People vs The 1/2" Big Screen Lie.

Well, gotta hand it to him, Flippo chooses the cases he puts on trial very carefully and bases them on the priority of their importance to the County.

Since: Sep 10

Arden, NC

#6 Dec 31, 2010
This explains a lot..... "nuff said!
YouCommentersare Good

Salinas, CA

#7 Dec 31, 2010
Commenters: straight to the heart

Since: Jul 10

Monterey, CA

#8 Dec 31, 2010
well dammit I want to be sure I get the screen size I pay for so I can watch the latest shooting on my new TV
Grumpy

Seaside, CA

#9 Dec 31, 2010
So Spongebob may be an illegal size on my TV screen?
Ocean View

Pebble Beach, CA

#10 Dec 31, 2010
District Attorney's are responsible for prosecuting fraud just as much as they are responsible for prosecuting criminal behavior. Besides, this case finally settles the issue: size matters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Monterey County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest R... (Sep '16) May 25 Fil 3
News Between the Sheets: Hospitality students invite... Mar '17 Thomas Gardiner 1
News Scow: Jerry Brown's fight isn't against Trump, ... Dec '16 Solarman 1
News As Soledad superintendent resigns, criminal inv... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Soledad Truther 1
News Mega-earthquake on San Andreas fault would dama... (Nov '16) Nov '16 gravity signal 1
News Marina mayora s race: Incumbent Bruce Delgado v... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Seattle Doug 1
News New leadership, constitution for Nuestra Familia (Feb '08) Aug '16 EnE 32
More from around the web