Three young victims of Rochester fire...

Three young victims of Rochester fire still fighting for life

There are 7 comments on the Democrat & Chronicle story from Oct 21, 2008, titled Three young victims of Rochester fire still fighting for life. In it, Democrat & Chronicle reports that:

More than a month after Nicole Allen's three babies were rescued from a smoky inferno in a Second Street residence, the children are still struggling to survive and police are continuing to investigate the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Democrat & Chronicle.

NuyoricanGurl

Fairport, NY

#1 Oct 21, 2008
Wow...for a mother to leave her three babies unsupervised for over an hour and half and still have the opportunity to see and touch her children is absolutely enraging. She must have obviously been under some kind of influence because not only did she forget to check her kids, she forgot to check the food she had cooking on the stove! If My babies had a 50% chance at life, I would go screaming through the city crazed out of guilt, especially if I am the one to blame. This makes me so angry because children are gifts, and they should always be put first. Sad that mothers would put thier addictions before their children. Just goes to show how much value women in our inner city have for their kids. She should have been drug tested on the spot, and then thrown in jail for neglecting her angels like that.
Brooklynite2

Rochester, NY

#2 Oct 21, 2008
Your full of assumptions as well as a few other things. Sounds like your the perfect mom. Does your assessment of women in the inner city include all women??? I hope not.

“The Wise One”

Since: Sep 07

The Heart of the Heartland

#3 Oct 21, 2008
The mother is trash....
Any questions?
blessedangel

Rochester, NY

#4 Oct 21, 2008
God looks out for both children and fools..prime example
thirdseason

United States

#6 Aug 19, 2009
She isnt on drugs and never has. If god is the one with the deciding factor would he give her a change to have another because he has.Her problem is that she is young. She was looking for a male figure becasue she never had one and had children because of it. She does love those children and she feels god will help her out of this.
thirdseason

United States

#7 Aug 19, 2009
The stove was the problem, not the person using it. The landlord is responsible for the bad stove and no fire detectors. The childd died in the care of the hospital 3 months later due to choking on vomit. The hospital was taking her out of her medical coma and she said she wanted to throw up. The nurses didnt belive the little girl.
I dont think the mother deserves jail time. It was a freek unchangeable accident.
Smarterthanhim

Medina, NY

#8 Dec 8, 2009
She needs to go to jail for a long time and make sure she can never have any babies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monroe County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man Accused of Shooting at Rochester Police Off... May '16 josephbarkley 19
News Questions arise as Rochester area digs out from... Feb '16 ELANE 1
News Andrew J. Thompson pleads guilty to two murders (Sep '10) Jan '16 a thompson 8
News Syrian Refugees Wrong For Rochester (Nov '15) Nov '15 watchman69 9
News In Jail, Too Poor to Make Bail (Oct '15) Oct '15 Book Reader 12
News Blackwell Indicted (Sep '15) Sep '15 Ghetto Gardens 1
News Woman charged with running illegal spa (Sep '15) Sep '15 Wo Chen 2
More from around the web