Indiana Court of Appeals names new ch...

Indiana Court of Appeals names new chief judge

There are 3 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 2, 2007, titled Indiana Court of Appeals names new chief judge. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Indiana Court of Appeals Judge John G. Baker has been named chief judge of the 15-member court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Legal Beagle

AOL

#1 Mar 2, 2007
Here's from Judge Baker's resume: John G. Baker, Bloomington, Monroe County. Member since June, 1989. Univ. Of Virginia LL.M. 1995. Ind. Univ. Bloomington, J.D. 1971, A.B. 1968.

You know what I notice about this resume? That Judge Baker is a political hack who has no academic accolades whatsoever. Obviously tried to sanitize his undistinguished class standing at IU, Bloomington by getting a judicial LLM from University of Virginia. This guy is barely qualified to be a trial judge and he's CHIEF JUDGE on the court of appeals! His opinions consistently demonstrate a tenuous grasp -- if any grasp at all -- of the law he purports to interpret. He's in way over his head and has been for years. No wonder the Indiana Court of Appeals is such a national laughing stock. No wonder they can't remember from one day to the next what they said in their previous opinions. Ignorance of the law is no excuse...unless you're a judge on the Indiana Court of Appeals.
Average Reasonable Man

AOL

#2 Mar 2, 2007
Legal Beagle wrote:
Here's from Judge Baker's resume: John G. Baker, Bloomington, Monroe County. Member since June, 1989. Univ. Of Virginia LL.M. 1995. Ind. Univ. Bloomington, J.D. 1971, A.B. 1968.
You know what I notice about this resume? That Judge Baker is a political hack who has no academic accolades whatsoever. Obviously tried to sanitize his undistinguished class standing at IU, Bloomington by getting a judicial LLM from University of Virginia. This guy is barely qualified to be a trial judge and he's CHIEF JUDGE on the court of appeals! His opinions consistently demonstrate a tenuous grasp -- if any grasp at all -- of the law he purports to interpret. He's in way over his head and has been for years. No wonder the Indiana Court of Appeals is such a national laughing stock. No wonder they can't remember from one day to the next what they said in their previous opinions. Ignorance of the law is no excuse...unless you're a judge on the Indiana Court of Appeals.
Baker's an intellectual lightweight, to be sure. But his legal acumen deficiency is more than offset by his imperious attitude and sheer arrogance. But hey, it works for him. If you don't have the cerebral firepower to be a titanic intellect, at least be supremely over-confident. People will think you know what you're doing. It worked for Stalin.
chris

United States

#3 Apr 1, 2009
i just need too talk too judge kellems

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monroe County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Walmart Background Check (Nov '16) Nov '16 shawnheff7 3
News Two arrested in Bloomington home invasion (Jan '15) Jan '15 Diogenes 1
News Man Accused Of Fondling Himself In Front Of Min... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Anonymous 1
monroe county police department (Nov '12) Nov '12 concern citzen 1
News Indiana Senate candidate Mark Stoops chat: I-69... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Johnny F Baker 1
News No parole home means delay in murderer's prison... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Hoosier 1
News Suspect in Goethe slaying in custody (Aug '12) Aug '12 Baby mama 1