5 die in three-car accident near Morgantown

Jul 10, 2007 Full story: Indiana Gazette Online 6

Tuesday 5 die in three-car accident near Morgantown MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- A repeat drunken driver was in jail Monday, charged in connection with a head-on collision that killed five people, including three ... via Indiana Gazette Online

Full Story
Jessica Trippett

Marietta, OH

#1 Jul 12, 2007
Everyone needs to pay attention to your local legislators. There is a strong push to lighten the DUI consequences b/c they are "too inconvenient" and "how is a man supposed to support his family when he has no driver's license to get to and from work". The legislators are trying to target DUI's resulting in death. You can't target those without making the consequences for a DUI more strict. If the consequences were more severe for this guy then maybe these 5 people would stay alive.
Angela

Glen Burnie, MD

#2 Jul 16, 2007
My heart and prayers go out to the familes and victims of this heinous crime. I never met Sawyer but I am a mother of three children. I can't imagine the pain and suffering the families must be going through. My daughter went to school with Sawyer. It has been a very emotional weekend.
All I can say to the children out there is support one another. Perhaps change how we interact with one another.
To all of the parents, hug and kiss your kids everyday. Life is precious.
Mike

Charlotte, NC

#3 Jul 17, 2007
The Evans family are really close friends of mine, and they will be in my prayers forever!!
JORDAN HOLMES

Annapolis, MD

#4 Jul 17, 2007
I DIDN'T KNOW THE EVANS BUT I KNEW THERE SON SAWYER AND HE WAS THE BEST AND THERE IS NOT ENOUGH WORD TO EXPLAIN WHAT SAWYER MEANT TO ME R.I.P. MY BROTHER (NOT REALLY MY BROTHER) SAWYER

<3 JORDAN PLEASE WATCH OVER ME AND MY FAMILY
Like yesterday

Mansfield, OH

#5 Jan 5, 2013
I can remember pulling up behind this accident just after it happened. I just happened upon this story while looking for something else and it brings back some bad memories. I was on my way to visit my sister who lived in morgantown at the time. I can still remember hearing the fire whistle as I was getting back in my car at the gas station by the entrance ramp about two miles from the crash. I pulled up to the crash before any emergency personnel had arrived. My muscles tensed as I saw the carnage ahead of me. I was stuck there for three hours watching emergency workers come and go along with life flight landing on the highway. Then, when a man came back and told everyone that 5 people, including 3 kids, had been killed by a useless drunk, I remember the sense of despair that fell over all of us. I honestly will never forget this as long as I live. Such a sad and preventable tragedy to see right in front of you. May god rest their souls.
mom

Roanoke, VA

#6 Jan 9, 2013
My daughters best friend died in this wreck. I will never forget that call we was on vacation worse night of my daughters life. The memerial service was beautiful. Think of them often.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monongalia County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
birth parents search Aug '14 CarolynK 1
Morgantown Delegate shot Friday night (Jan '14) Feb '14 Neighborhood Dog 3
Fire Rips Through Trailer in Monongalia County (Feb '08) Nov '13 dw carver 2
Police: Husband drugged W.Va. prosecutor to snoop (Jul '13) Jul '13 oldguy 1
Police: Husband drugged state prosecutor to snoop (May '13) Jul '13 DAVINCI2 9
New Judge to be Sworn in Thursday (Jan '11) May '13 son 10
Coal Waste Dam (Mar '13) Apr '13 hum 11

Monongalia County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE