Big changes coming to Powerball

Big changes coming to Powerball

There are 2 comments on the The Times Leader story from Oct 18, 2011, titled Big changes coming to Powerball. In it, The Times Leader reports that:

The multi-state lottery game Powerball will be redesigned next year with changes including a starting jackpot doubling from what it is now and the price of a ticket doing the same.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times Leader.

abbagoochie

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#1 Oct 18, 2011
The folks who waste their money on this garbage dont care. Its why i call it a stupid tax cause only stupid folks play the lotto and of course LOSE. Its why folks dont have much. I work with a few who are at retirement age but cant but also bi*** about not retiring because they throw their $$$ away.
Really -Not The Original

Charleston, WV

#2 Oct 19, 2011
Well, to each his own. I play Powerball each drawing for a total of $2.00/week. I guess now it will be $4.00/week. I think the most I have ever won in one drawing is app.$100.00. I have done this for 15 years. This is app.$1,560 spent on tickets. Now what have I received in return? Well, my kid went to college for four years on the promise scholarship paid for by the funds from the lottery. Hey, I guess I did win afterall.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monongalia County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Judge to be Sworn in Thursday (Jan '11) Jul 1 need info 11
looking for relatives (Jan '16) Mar '16 Helper 2
birth parents search (Aug '14) Mar '16 Lynn 2
News A familiar voice on Morgantown airwaves signs off (Apr '15) Apr '15 Bye 2
Newspaper article 1921 (Dec '14) Mar '15 CarolynK 2
News Morgantown Delegate shot Friday night (Jan '14) Feb '14 Neighborhood Dog 3
News Fire Rips Through Trailer in Monongalia County (Feb '08) Nov '13 dw carver 2
More from around the web